Author Topic: No Fly List  (Read 530 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
No Fly List
« on: October 19, 2012, 01:45:40 PM »
So, I'm thinking about the Wade Hicks issue and wondering...

If there's a No-Fly list, is there a No-Train list?  A No-Cruise list?  A No-Bus list?  A No-Interstate list?

TSA (to our collective horror) "inspects" these transportation methods as well.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: No Fly List
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 01:58:38 PM »
I'm sure that once the TSA monopolizes control of the security for those transportation methods there will be. Hell, wouldn't doubt it if They(tm) were trying to find a way to take away a persons drivers license.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 02:03:06 PM »
Pretty soon the TSA will just skip ahead to the No-Live list  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 06:49:19 PM »
And this just in:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/tsa-workers-fired-newark-airport-article-1.1187912
An official of a union that represents some of the Newark employees said Friday it's likely the union will seek to have the employees reinstated. The union has seven days to answer the TSA's proposal.

"The charges right now seem to be improper screening of bags, which we don't feel is correct," said Stacy Dodtmann, regional vice president of the American Federation of Government Employees. "We feel they performed their jobs to what they were trained to do.
"

Wasn't this the reason why they weren't supposed to be unionized ?  So that the shi!tbags could be easily fired.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.