Author Topic: What did the President know and when did he know it?  (Read 24176 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: What did the President know and when did he know it?
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2012, 11:33:52 AM »
Possibly quite a bit and fairly early on.    These clearly show that the "Youtube Video made them do it excuse" is a bunch of crap.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57538689/emails-detail-unfolding-benghazi-attack-on-sept-11/?tag=fdleft;fdmodule  

(Note: This is CBS News, methinks that the press, despite their infatuation with Obama, hates being lied to and played for suckers.)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2012, 02:13:52 PM »

Rush remarked this morning that if you compare this to Watergate, then the press is Woodward & Bernstein helping Nixon cover it up.

I pretty much concur.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2012, 02:30:20 PM »
http://soundcloud.com/thelarslarsonshow/charles-woods-father-of-former

dead seals dads got a question

Taking this at face value, so there were mayday calls, and the only response was the personal initiative of two ex-SEAL's. How is it again that we could support Libyan rebels with air strikes, but we couldn't/wouldn't send some strike fighters quick, fast and in a hurry to protect an Ambassador?

Seriously, this stinks the same as the USS Liberty. McNamara and Johnson actually ordering planes on their way from the carrier group to save the ship to return to the carrier.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2012, 11:35:19 AM »
Rush also noted recently that the media constituted a de facto "commune" with leftist leanings.  The sooner we fully recognize that we are dealing with a sub-culture that has little in common with the founding precepts of America the sooner we will realize how we need to respond.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2012, 07:57:54 PM »
I know we have some Glenn Beck hater here, just listen to the interview!  :'(

Glenn interviewed Charles Woods whose son Tyrone Woods, a former Navy SEAL, was killed during the attacks on the Libyan embassy in Benghazi.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/10/25/updating-glenn-talks-to-father-of-navy-seal-killed-during-assault-on-libyan-embassy/

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Obama Went to Bed (From Bracken)
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2012, 10:28:54 PM »
Many of you are familiar with Matt Bracken, author of the "Enemies Foreign and Domestic" novels.

He is a retired SEAL and has used his knowledge of the inner workings of the machinery that puts trigger pullers on the ground in case of episodes like Ben Ghazi to write a damning indictment of the President.

Reposted with permission of the author.

OBAMA WENT TO BED
Matt Bracken 10-25-2012

The biggest stench from the Benghazi fiasco is that it is beginning to smell like Obama went "nighty-night" to rest up for Las Vegas, instead of manning up in the Situation Room and seeing the crisis through and (had he only been awake) ordering a rescue mission.

In Benghazi, after 6-8 hours enduring a few “Fort Apaches,” with running street battles in between, (like a mini Blackhawk Down), the living Americans must have been thinking, “Any minute now, here come the helicopters! Just hang on!”

But they didn’t. So even though Delta had forward staged to Sigonella Sicily (rumint) from base in Germany, nobody was willing or able to pull the trigger and send a rescue force. Or even a few F-18 supersonic flybys, to bust windows and warn, “Here comes American airpower, and you camel jockeys know what that means.” Just as a morale booster it would have helped the besieged staffers.

But it was never sent, not even a lousy supersonic low-level flyby. One hour from bases in Italy, max.

Here is the deal. The military automatically does a lot on its own, under standing orders and SOPs. The minute they see that the consulate is under attack, and the ambassador and others are in a "safe room" hiding, it becomes TOP priority. Every other mission aborts or slaves over to support any possible rescue.

At that moment when the critical incident alarm messages start ringing, military steps happen on autopilot in real time. Everybody in the Navy and USAF chain of command swings into a crisis contingency plan mode. What ships are closest? Helicopters? Marines? Delta is in Germany? Get them moving right now. Where is closest? Sigonella, for now. It’s NATO, no permission needed, just fly.

En route in C-17s, the D-boys would even be prepping for an immediate action rescue mission, that is, the C-17s will fly directly to some desert road outside of Benghazi, and here comes “The Raid On Entebbe,” done in crisis mode, canned actions, but they would do it. They practice for these exact scenarios, and leave gear staged for them.

They would coordinate with fighters out of Italy, mid-air-refueling platforms start shifting, it's a huge show that swings into action for thousands of miles around Behghazi. The ongoing consulate attack is JOB ONE, the only job. VIPs will be tossed off of planes at remote runways if they need that platform.

Or Marines on amphibious ships in the central Med, (if any were available), would also be put on the real-time options board. We used to have a "Amphibious Ready Group" of about 3-5 USN gator freighters, including a helo carrier like a Tarawa class. They carry an entire battalion of USMC, plus SEALs etc, with helos and Ospreys to carry them all. (But not at once.) Where was our ARG? Does our Navy have enough ships for that mission any more?

But while all of that military staging would have happened/did happen during the 6-8 hour battle at the consulate and annex, what the military cannot do on their own say-so is cross an international border without an order from the NCA, the National Command Authority, and that means POTUS, Obama.

Only POTUS can authorize a cross-border hostile mission. That is, guns clear, no official permission from the Tripoli govt (if it really exists outside State Dept fantasies.)

Only one man can pull that trigger and say, "GO!" Obama.

(But for America to act "unilaterally" would have meant the bogus Libyan Arab Spring and so-called new Libyan Unity Govt. that we were propping up didn’t really exist. Libyan sovereignty must be held sacrosanct, even the false image of one, where in reality, Al Queda is top dog in Libya. Even when an Al Queda offshoot is your external "security," namely, "The 17th of February Martyrs Brigade." IOW, the White House thought they had a "deal" with AQ in Behghazi, since we were helping to run weaponry from Libya to their pals in Syria. So there was an "institutional bias" at State against crossing the border on a rescue operation sin permisso.)

Anyway, be that as it may, no General or Admiral will order the Marines ashore, or a Delta raid or even an F-18 or F-16 low-level supersonic flyby. They can not and will not cross a border without a clear-cut order from POTUS via the NCA. Not even Hillary can make that decision. Only Obama.

But no order came, as of midnight in DC. And then none would come. Because the POTUS retired for the night with a “do not disturb” sign on his door, punted, and went to bed, to be well rested for Las Vegas.

While his ambassador was off the U.S. radar, missing, at that moment possibly being dragged down a Benghazi street or even raped. But that is when Obama went to bed. Midnight in DC is 0600 in Beghazi.

That is the greatest scandal of Benghazi. The POTUS slept through it, while all around the world, military forces were poised for the Raid on Entebbe or any other damn thing the POTUS ordered them to do. (And the were raring to go, believe me.)

But the POTUS said, “We’ll discuss it further in the morning,” and then he went to bed around midnight in DC, 0600 in Benghazi, with a missing ambassador and a full-blown crisis in full mega flap.

He punted. He went to bed.

God help us.
I think that’s the big secret they are keeping. The President went to bed, with his lost Ambassador being dragged through streets.

Obama went to bed.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2012, 11:06:37 PM »
Obama went to bed.

Yes he did. Panneta and company are towing the company LIE, saying they didn't know enough about the situation to send in help. The fact they needed help should be enough!

This should be Obama's Watergate but, the lamestream media is only giving the story about 5 minutes a day.
What the hell is Congress doing?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2012, 02:11:59 AM »
The biggest stench from the Benghazi fiasco is that it is beginning to smell like Obama went "nighty-night" to rest up for Las Vegas, instead of manning up in the Situation Room and seeing the crisis through and (had he only been awake) ordering a rescue mission.

Obama? Man up?  :rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2012, 11:51:24 AM »
We also use to have a carrier battlegroup in the Med.  Where was that at?   They generally have FA-18's ready to launch within 5-10 minutes (if not sooner) notice, in addition to the ones they generally have flying around at all times.

The point is:  Obama had military options.  Were any "ideal" or "optimal"?  No, but the US military is good at improvising on the fly and accomplishing the mission.  In this case being, "Save the Americans".   Hell, he could have at least order airstrikes to give those Americans on the ground breathing room to scoot and move to other hiding places.  

But failing to do anything, and letting Americans die is simply criminal.  There needs to be impeachment hearings, THERE IS NO EXCUSE.

And I think Hillary released or had released the e-mails showing that State notified the EOP (Executive Office of the President, i.e. someone in the Situation Room).  She's not going to fall on her sword for Barak.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 12:25:10 PM by scout26 »

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2012, 12:15:09 PM »
It's time to set a new precedent: First sitting or ex-president of the United States to be incarcerated.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2012, 12:25:03 PM »
It's time to set a new precedent: First sitting or ex-president of the United States to be incarcerated.

I'm OK with this in principle, but the street-level consequences would be ugly. Not enough people know or care about the truth or magnitude of this situation to readily accept such a judgment.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2012, 12:33:20 PM »
I'm OK with this in principle, but the street-level consequences would be ugly. Not enough people know or care about the truth or magnitude of this situation to readily accept such a judgment.

So, do we let people get away with murder because it's just too inconvenient to see justice done?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2012, 12:49:19 PM »
So, do we let people get away with murder because it's just too inconvenient to see justice done?

We sure do... All the time in Afghanistan and Iraq
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2012, 12:50:45 PM »
We sure do... All the time in Afghanistan and Iraq

Ought we?

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2012, 01:23:08 PM »
As more information comes out, the worse this gets.

There were three calls for help.

THREE.

The rage within me grows. 

We don't leave anyone behind. 

I am an American Soldier.
I am a Warrior and a member of a team. I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient
in my warrior tasks and drills. I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2012, 01:52:18 PM »
Obama is a Democrat, and thus will never be held accountable.  Our supposedly Republican House of Representatives does not have the stones to do the the right thing.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2012, 02:13:10 PM »

As a practical matter, yes we do. Should we? Of course not. Understand, my anger is as red hot now as when I posted in the original thread on this topic, and I want justice every bit as much as you.

An indicted, tried, and convicted Obama will provoke more death, presumably of some innocents, in the ensuing chaos. I'm saying that's why, among other reasons, it won't happen. A humiliating electoral defeat and retreat into ignominious obscurity is the best punishment we can hope for.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2012, 02:20:23 PM »
A humiliating electoral defeat and retreat into ignominious obscurity is the best punishment we can hope for.

I'm not getting my hopes up.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2012, 02:40:28 PM »
Me, either.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2012, 02:41:59 PM »
A re-elected Obama will have a very, very hard time governing this America.

The fact that something is Unthinkable does not mean we should not think it.  In fact, we are going to have to.

Obama is forcing the issue.

Either we have a Republic built on Law or we do not.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 02:59:03 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2012, 02:53:40 PM »
A re-elected Obama will have a very, very hard time governing this America.

But little trouble jaunting about to exotic golf vacations on AF1 and surveying the damage he's wrought from a safe distance...

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2012, 03:00:01 PM »
We'll see.  Somehow I don't think it's going to be business as usual.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2012, 05:44:29 PM »
There was a Spectre ready and waiting for the word GO. It was never received.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/10/26/ac-130u-gunship-was-on-scene-in-benghazi-obama-admin-refused-to-let-it-fire/
Hi.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2012, 06:38:18 PM »
There was a Spectre ready and waiting for the word GO. It was never received.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/10/26/ac-130u-gunship-was-on-scene-in-benghazi-obama-admin-refused-to-let-it-fire/

That aircraft could have made all the difference. Wow, just Wow.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G