Author Topic: Is this an October Surprise?  (Read 9401 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Is this an October Surprise?
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2012, 08:35:01 PM »
*picks up a pole, walks over to the giant APS scoreboard, and slides over one marker each for Birdman and Jamis*

birdman

• friend
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2012, 08:41:23 PM »
DS, not sure why you felt the need to report this post to the moderators.  All I see is you politely getting bitchslapped by someone more knoweldgeable on a topic then you.  Quit whining.

It's fine Jamis.  I'll accept whatever response is deemed appropriate, including voluntarily removing myself is asked.  I'm just tired of this kind of thing.

I know I get worked up, but if I do so in error, (ie with kgbsquirrel in the drone thread), I apologize.  

I attempt to keep in line with this being armed POLITE society, but if anyone bothers to notice I don't respond with personal attacks or anything impolite until after such behavior is visited on me.  I try to make my points in as factual of a way as possible given certain external legal limitations, and do so with a substantial amount of research where possible, and I am always willing to cite sources.  

While parroting responses and sarcastic digs are only mildly impolite, they are extremely frustrating when they are responses to posts that take some signficant time to formulate, hence my general disdain and anger associated with that type of response.

One aspect of politeness is not initiating behavior that one doesn't want returned, but to expect polite responses when one is impolite is ludicrous.

Apologies to the mods and the rest of the board for 'starting' something.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2012, 08:43:45 PM »
You've got nothing to apologize for.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2012, 08:55:18 PM »
(Psssssst........hey birdman......DS= De Selby......you're fine......)
One day at a time.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2012, 09:55:37 PM »
(Psssssst........hey birdman......DS= De Selby......you're fine......)

I know.  I'm still sorry for causing a scene and letting my temper get the better of me.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2012, 10:17:40 PM »
I know.  I'm still sorry for causing a scene and letting my temper get the better of me.

Being polite sometimes means taking out the trash. =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2012, 06:39:46 PM »
But the beef the US Government has with Iran is not really about nuclear weapons, or protecting the proles from nuclear terrorism. It's about eliminating the political, economic and military influence of pretty much the last non-US affiliated, non-IMF dependent power faction in the Region. Nuclear weapons just happen to be, simultaneously:

1) A safeguard against Regime Change and Nationbuilding projects.

2) A proper excuse and rally-call for War to bring about the very same Regime Change and Nationbuilding projects.

In an interesting duality, Nuclear weapons, or the concept of them serve both sides' agendas. Good is Bad. And Bad is Good.

As long as they are "months away" from having them, but not quite there yet, we are on track  ;)

*Nationbuilding= propping up a Government structure that has State Department strings attached.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"