Author Topic: Romney for President!  (Read 5096 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Romney for President!
« on: November 01, 2012, 11:18:02 PM »
OK, I know I have in the past said I would vote for the Libertarian in the Presidential race (Gary Johnson) however, at this time Mitt Romney is in a statistical dead heat with Barack Obama in the state of Michigan, so, I cannot in good conscience vote for a third party and allow Barry to win if my vote might have any influence on the outcome of said election.

Therefore, I am supporting Mitt Romney for President! (He's sure to win now!) I think allowing Barry to 4 more years would be far too destructive to the country than my standing on principle alone would be beneficial.

There, I said it and will stick by it.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Romney for President!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 11:57:03 PM »
[tinfoil hat] The GOP plan is working, I see. [\hat]  [tinfoil]

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 12:14:23 AM »
Good for you!  I've been considering staying in Michigan even after I retire from the USCG, it's good to know there will be at least one other conservative in the state!   =D

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 01:11:06 AM »
I had expected this to occur.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 01:28:48 AM »
Anybody but Obama for president!!!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 01:45:42 AM »
I'm still struggling over whether to write in Herman Cain or Todd Akin.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 06:05:14 AM »
Good for you!  I've been considering staying in Michigan even after I retire from the USCG, it's good to know there will be at least one other conservative in the state!   =D

Wait... You're in Michigan in the CG? Detroit by any chance?

You don't happen to know about the CBP joint facility at self ridge called the Operational integration center, do you?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 05:58:19 PM »
Nope, I'm actually in CA right now.  I was in Sault Ste. Marie from 2007 to 2009 and am going to Muskegon sometime next year. 

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 06:13:05 PM »
I urge you to reconsider.

Statism of all forms needs a big slap across the face, whether Romneyist or Obamist.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 06:27:38 PM »

Statism of all forms needs a big slap across the face, whether Romneyist or Obamist.
Sure it does.

I'm just not one for pyrrhic victories.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 11:00:38 PM »
Sure it does.

I'm just not one for pyrrhic victories.

This.

In spades.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 11:03:33 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 11:16:00 AM »

Impersonal economic and demographic forces will do that for us, when the whole edifice built on top of a manure pile slumps off into the gully.  Your vote or my vote for a Libertarian or a Constitution Party Don Quixote won't change that.

Voting for Romney might delay the Big Slump for a bit and may even get folks to liking more free-market and more Constitutional governance.  Maybe.  Voting for BHO is just to hurry the process.  Those of us with kids would rather they be grown before the Big Slump, or at least older and better able to fend for themselves.

Grand collapses look great on paper until you have family you give a damn about that might not survive the deal.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 04:33:16 PM »
OK, now I'm definitely not voting for Romney.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/11/03/maher-if-you-vote-romney-black-people-know-who-you-are-and-will-come

Bill Maher - part of that small minority that votes for Obama because they feel such an affinity with Joe Biden.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 05:28:55 PM »
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 05:32:13 PM »
Impersonal economic and demographic forces will do that for us, when the whole edifice built on top of a manure pile slumps off into the gully.  Your vote or my vote for a Libertarian or a Constitution Party Don Quixote won't change that.

Voting for Romney might delay the Big Slump for a bit and may even get folks to liking more free-market and more Constitutional governance.  Maybe.  Voting for BHO is just to hurry the process.  Those of us with kids would rather they be grown before the Big Slump, or at least older and better able to fend for themselves.

Grand collapses look great on paper until you have family you give a damn about that might not survive the deal.

+infinity

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 06:21:23 PM »
and, after the election, regardless of who wins, we'll continue to hear whining about the "Damn RINOs in the GOP!"

When we validate them time and time again by handing them elected offices.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 07:07:33 PM »
OK, now I'm definitely not voting for Romney.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/11/03/maher-if-you-vote-romney-black-people-know-who-you-are-and-will-come

Bill Maher - part of that small minority that votes for Obama because they feel such an affinity with Joe Biden.

Maher is a j@ck@ss....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 07:32:49 PM »

Maher is a j@ck@ss....

That's an insult to creatures who actually serve a useful purpose...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 08:49:48 PM »
Pass

Obama can have Ohio,  though I hate everything about him.  3 days out,  and I'm itching to send the man packing,  but the alternative is Mitt *expletive deleted*ing Romney.  I just can't support him.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 09:01:25 AM »
and, after the election, regardless of who wins, we'll continue to hear whining about the "Damn RINOs in the GOP!"

When we validate them time and time again by handing them elected offices.

This + infinity.

As long as We The People keep telling them, via electing them to office, that we FULLY SUPPORT THEIR POSITION, they're NEVER going to change.

Unless the GOP is made to pay for its failure to abide by its claimed principles, it will continue to violate them secure in the knowledge that they'll still have your vote.  They're playing freedom-lovers for fools, relying on fearmongering - "This election is the MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION EVAR!!!!!!!" - to rake in your vote time after time after time. And you keep GIVING it to them, and wondering why they keep getting worse.  :facepalm:

Make them EARN your vote for a change, or lose it for failure to perform.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 09:26:50 AM »
We have to start at the bottom.  But soften the top sufficient for that strategy to work.  It's what progressives hve been doing for a while, and conservatives have been ignoring.

Get involved with local, city, state politics, start electing true libertarian/constitutionalist/fiscal conservatives to local offices, and it WILL snowball upwards, just look at what has happened since the late 60's and early 70's...how many local pols were able to move up to state, etc. and change the narrative and laws.

The more resistant the lower levels are at federal intrusion, mandates, and the more they stress responsibility, the harder it is for progressive federal efforts to succeed, and the easier it is for the election of national level folks that share a fiscally appropriate goal.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 10:22:30 AM »
i agree with the bottom to top thinking.  i am also in favor of smaller, less centralized government.  let the locals decide their own fate as it were. 

and i cannot vote for romney.  sorry.  i'm a ron paul write in.  you will likely blame me if NY stays blue? 
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 12:36:44 PM »
As long as We The People keep telling them, via electing them to office, that we FULLY SUPPORT THEIR POSITION, they're NEVER going to change.

I don't think a vote means what you think it means. 

Policritters sure don't take it to mean what you think it does.  Any talk of coalitions by a politician or party reptile instantaneously blows your contention out of the water, due to the nature of any coalition.  Heck, Reagan explicitly referred to anyone who agreed with him on 75%+ of the issues as an ally, sort of dispelling the myth of "FULLY SUPPORT THEIR POSITION." 

Romney's not-so-clever campaign manager and his "Etch-A-Sketch" comment showed they understood that different folks who may only support some or part of Romney's platform.

IOW, it is only in some folks' minds that a vote is unconditional support of a party or candidate.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 01:18:36 PM »
i agree with the bottom to top thinking.  i am also in favor of smaller, less centralized government.  let the locals decide their own fate as it were.  

and i cannot vote for romney.  sorry.  i'm a ron paul write in.  you will likely blame me if NY stays blue?  
I don't give a ******* about NY -- I'll blame you if Obama gets re-elected!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero