Author Topic: "Restricted" phone numbers  (Read 1204 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
"Restricted" phone numbers
« on: July 03, 2006, 12:53:16 PM »
Like I said in a previous post, I'm at the office today because the call volume is just rediculously high. Someone keeps calling off one of my signs (direct line number is on the name rider). They have a "Restricted" number which I don't answer - ever - plus they won't leave a message. Yet they have taken the time to call - get this - twelve times. Twelve! I know it's off one house in particular because the same "Restricted" designation shows up on three consecutive calls for the same house at around noon today. We can track sign calls by the property code dialed when they call the Home Facts number.

Some people. And they are probably cussing me because I'm not answering their stupid calls. I don't mind that they felt the need to restrict their number, but calling repeatedly and not leaving a message is just, well, silly. It's the kind of paranoid crap my ex wife would pull - calling someone half a dozen times from her "restricted number" cell phone, not leaving a message, then going around the rest of the day whining and crying about not getting a call back "because they must not like me". (being married to a paranoid schizophrenic was such a wonderful thing - blechh!!).

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 01:11:50 PM »
Why don't you call them back?

You are trying to sell that house and make a commission, aren't you?

Yeah, they are strange for not leaving a message, but you might as well call them... you may earn that 6%.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 01:19:01 PM »
I had an ex-boss that would do that all the time. He'd call from his blocked phone at home, but would NEVER leave a message. I always figure I'm obligated to answer the work cell during working hours, but on my own time, I only answer my emergency pager, so if someone (bosses included) doesn't wanna leave a message, it can't be that important.

For the last week I've been getting calls to my home phone, like four times a day, from 111-111-1111. Obviously a sales or political call (no message left) but how do these jokers get to send false numbers to my caller ID? The above doesn't exist as you can't call it back. I wanna be able to send fake numbers when I call people too! Tongue
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 01:43:47 PM »
Quote from: Fly320s
you may earn that 6%
Actually, after the royalty to national, the split with the agent on the other side, and the split with my broker, it's more like 1.41%

ummm, think about that for a second...

Wink

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 03:24:44 PM »
ummm, think about that for a second...

Wink

Brad
Doh!!

I can read, honest.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 03:48:32 AM »
If  I''ve got plenty of cell phone minutes that month, I mess with 'em.

"Honey, you sound like you gots you a purty mouth..."

"Son, you sound like you gots you a purty mouth..."

"Hang on a minute, and I'll see if the guard will okay the home improvements."

"I'm sorry - I'm a little busy right now loading ammunition for the revolution."
Blog under construction