Author Topic: SPOILER ALERT -- Tonight's walking dead. Don't enter if you don't want to know.  (Read 21909 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
And I think the Gov was bat *expletive deleted* crazy before the Zombie Apocalypse. That kind of crazy doesn't just spring up out of a normal mind.

Had that notion my own self the first time I saw him.  The man has...issues.  And they will only get worse now that he lost his little walker girl and an eye.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
I think that Walking Dead will be back on in February.

And, besides, Justified starts on 8 January.

Justified is an awesome show, makes me want to go visit Harlan County!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Had that notion my own self the first time I saw him.  The man has...issues.  And they will only get worse now that he lost his little walker girl and an eye.
I think that's just an excuse for "men in power" to rationalize bad behavior.  =D
And I think the Gov was bat *expletive deleted* crazy before the Zombie Apocalypse. That kind of crazy doesn't just spring up out of a normal mind.

Exactly what would happen in any apocalypse, no more meds for the folks that won't go batchit without meds.
A good litmus test is, if they insist on you being unarmed, they're batchit crazy.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
I don't care who they get, but I have a funny feeling that they're going to have a seriously hard time ever finding anyone as good, as scary, and as evil as Mags Bennett.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

SADShooter

• friend
I don't care who they get, but I have a funny feeling that they're going to have a seriously hard time ever finding anyone as good, as scary, and as evil as Mags Bennett.

Absolutely agreed. Pure evil, sweet country grandma style. :O
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Absolutely agreed. Pure evil, sweet country grandma style. :O

Apple Pie!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
A statistical look at Walking Dead zombie deaths (big jpg):

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/12/05/graphic-stopping-the-dead-a-statistical-look-back-at-the-walking-dead-series-so-far/

Very nice! In other news: Slow down Rick! Give the others a chance to catch up.....

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
You know, the funny thing is, I can look at various entries in that chart, and the way the zombie is drawn, who killed it, and the weapon, and know EXACTLY what scene is being referenced.

Darryl's first kill, for instance, just shows a zombie head with the crossbow. That's the zombie that was eating the deer that he chased through camp. Someone lopped its head off with a shovel, and Darryl put an arrow through its eye.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Justified is an awesome show, makes me want to go visit Harlan County!

I'm waiting on Justified to reappear as well.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

CNYCacher

• friend
I had a thought which I can't seem to shake.

The title of the show refers to the main characters.  They are the "walking dead" in the sense that their fate is inevitable.

Discuss  [popcorn]
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

SADShooter

• friend
I had a thought which I can't seem to shake.

The title of the show refers to the main characters.  They are the "walking dead" in the sense that their fate is inevitable.

Discuss  [popcorn]

Valid point. If the show creators were referencing zombies, it should have been "The Shuffling Dead" or The Shambling Dead" or "The Gait-Challenged Dead". :lol:
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Archer comes back Jan 17th!!!! Hells yeah!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Great video, Ben.  Funny stuff.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
a practical question-

how come zombies remain gooey? After, what, a year or more? I can understand not decomposing, or decomposing slower, but why don't they dehydrate?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Presumably they're fresher zombies.
So keep your womenfolk safe. [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero