Author Topic: SPOILER ALERT -- Tonight's walking dead. Don't enter if you don't want to know.  (Read 21905 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Perhaps worried to much noise would attract outside walkers.

And weren't they down to a couple hundred rounds a few thousand rounds ago?

Sent via tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Perhaps worried to much noise would attract outside walkers.

And weren't they down to a couple hundred rounds a few thousand rounds ago?

Sent via tapatalk

Confine the noise to a few rooms at a time then.  Use corners or hardened doors/gates as fatal funnels.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Problem with that is that they still have no good idea just how large the prison is, and from which directions walkers might be able to bleed in.

As was noted, the fence on one side of the prison was down.

I really view their recent forays (such as the one where Herschel was bitten) as more "let's get a little familiar with this place and take out walkers of opportunity before we try to clear everything."
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
wait, they have generators, that work, and they don't turn on some lights?
They use flashlights and waste batteries when the lights could be on?

Is carol dead? Apparently the have a grave for her with Darryl putting a flower on it - only I never saw her die.

Andrea is an idiot, Michonne was quite smart leaving in the day time in front of a large crowd.

Something, I wonder if the virus makes people think differently? That it does more then simply turn dead people.
Also, the lapses in basic biology - maybe it is as Hershel said last season "God raising the dead, only not how he pictured it"
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Jamisjockey

• friend
wait, they have generators, that work, and they don't turn on some lights?
They use flashlights and waste batteries when the lights could be on?

Is carol dead? Apparently the have a grave for her with Darryl putting a flower on it - only I never saw her die.

Andrea is an idiot, Michonne was quite smart leaving in the day time in front of a large crowd.

Something, I wonder if the virus makes people think differently? That it does more then simply turn dead people.
Also, the lapses in basic biology - maybe it is as Hershel said last season "God raising the dead, only not how he pictured it"

Allusion to carol in the teaser for the next episode.  Dead walker with Carol's knife in it's head.

Showdown between Michchone and Merle?  Battle *expletive deleted*ing royale there.
I want her backstory. She's a bitch with that sword.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Uhm...

Did not Darryl place a Cherokee Rose on one of the graves?

That should tell us something.

I've not see the whole episode yet, but I did see that.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Showdown between Michchone and Merle?  Battle *expletive deleted* royale there.

If they kill off or in any way remove Michone at all this season, I'm done with the series. She has been the coolest character by far (closely followed by the ever evolving Darryl).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• friend
Uhm...

Did not Darryl place a Cherokee Rose on one of the graves?

That should tell us something.

I've not see the whole episode yet, but I did see that.

The trailer for the next episode leaves much doubt there.
JD

mtnbkr

• friend
What was with Darryl and the baby and the daycare and all the sly smiles and wistful looks?  I thought he was going to start lactating towards the end of the show.

Chris

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
What was with Darryl and the baby and the daycare and all the sly smiles and wistful looks?  I thought he was going to start lactating towards the end of the show.

Chris

Either the writers just simply trying to show a "softer side" of Darryl for the female viewers, or maybe there's some backstory that made him go into overdrive protective mode over the baby.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

SADShooter

• friend

Chris

Ben may be right. I also think he is feeling part of a real family for the first time, and those bonds are drawing his emotions out.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend

Allusion to carol in the teaser for the next episode.  Dead walker with Carol's knife in it's head.

Showdown between Michchone and Merle?  Battle *expletive deleted* royale there.

I can supply you with the comic book version's backstory. It was published in Playboy rather than the regular comic, and I'm hoping it makes its way into one of the graphic novel compilations.  You can read it here:

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead:_Michonne%27s_Story
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
If they kill off or in any way remove Michone at all this season, I'm done with the series. She has been the coolest character by far (closely followed by the ever evolving Darryl).

Since they are very loosely following the comic storyline, I can tell you if you want.  So far they've killed one character on the show who is still alive in the comic, otherwise they've mostly stuck to the who lives/who dies list, they just switch up the timing.  Example: in the comic, Dale is still alive when they get to the prison and throughout the entire prison storyline. Sofia is still alive in the comic, but I think that's the only example so far of them killing someone on the show while they're still alive in print.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Since they are very loosely following the comic storyline, I can tell you if you want.  So far they've killed one character on the show who is still alive in the comic, otherwise they've mostly stuck to the who lives/who dies list, they just switch up the timing.  Example: in the comic, Dale is still alive when they get to the prison and throughout the entire prison storyline. Sofia is still alive in the comic, but I think that's the only example so far of them killing someone on the show while they're still alive in print.

I'll let my anticipation of anger build up.  :lol:

I know most of the characters are potentially on the chopping block, and if she died eventually, well c'est la vie. It would just be a bummer if her great character didn't even last a full season.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
"What was with Darryl and the baby and the daycare and all the sly smiles and wistful looks?  I thought he was going to start lactating towards the end of the show."

We're discovering a softer side to Daryl that no one knew he had?

Ties in with my theory that he's going to end up killing Merle to protect the group, especially now that the baby has come along.

gunsmith

• friend
Either the writers just simply trying to show a "softer side" of Darryl for the female viewers, or maybe there's some backstory that made him go into overdrive protective mode over the baby.

Nope, they're setting him up to become purina zombie chow, everyone likes him, he is probably the most needed member of the group ( as far as hunting food and fighting reliably ) ... he is probably going to die saving either Merle or the baby.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
SPOILER FOR DECEMBER 2 2012 DO NOT READ IF YOU DIDN'T WATCH THE SHOW YET.

Oh man, that was awesome!  I yelled "yeah" so loud I scared one dog and the other was looking for who she was supposed to bite.
I really wanted Michonne to cut the gov's head off.
How long is it going to take Andrea to get a freaking clue? 

Carl is turning into a likable character.

I loved the line "oh, you're not a lesbian? how interesting"

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
SPOILER FOR DECEMBER 2 2012 DO NOT READ IF YOU DIDN'T WATCH THE SHOW YET.

How long is it going to take Andrea to get a freaking clue? 

Carl is turning into a likable character.

Andrea is the new Lori, I am afraid.  And Carl is getting to be one tough bugger.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

SADShooter

• friend
The writers got me. I should have seen the ending coming, but didn't. :O
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Jamisjockey

• friend
The writers got me. I should have seen the ending coming, but didn't. :O

It makes sense in the end.  He knew that without Michone being alive, they probably would have never attacked Woodbury.  Also, Merle lied to him. 
JD

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Yep, you knew there were going to be serious repercussions for Merle the second the Gov saw Michone.

I still think Daryl is going to end up killing Merle to protect the group.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 11:11:31 AM by Mike Irwin »

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
I'm with Mike. I see a faceoff coming between those two.

Andrea isn't going to get a clue. She's an idiot. Her friend is beaten and bloody, there are heads in tanks, and still she keeps her gun trained on Michonne and questions her? And that's just one of her many sins. I really wish they'd come up with some solid female characters in this show. Michonne's not bad, but the overacting is a little tough to deal with at times.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Is there something in the tea?
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
"Andrea isn't going to get a clue. She's an idiot."

Oh no! NO NO NO!

Andrea is the schnizzle! Lori, and ONLY Lori, was the idiotic dolt who deserved to be slowly eaten by zombies over a period of months because she was so useless!

Everyone said so!

Only... now that Lori's gone, everyone is transferring their.... viewer rage... onto Andrea... The second Lori died, Andrea stopped being the Holy Warrior and turned into the Idiot Bitch.

Curious how that happens, isn't it?

I think it's a really interesting dynamic that the primary recipients of viewer rage are the women characters when the men are just as bad as the women (Shane, Merle, Dale, even Rick), yet that's passed over.

Remember last season when they were debating what to do with the kid Rick pulled off the fence? Dale was the humanity voice of the group? Hardly anyone muttered dissent against that character's course.

Could you imagine had Lori, Andrea, or even Maggie taken that position?

TV sales in the country would have skyrocketed the following week because so many viewers would have thrown things through their sets...

I wonder who the rage recipient is going to be when Andrea finally becomes zombie chow...

HankB

• friend
  . . . I think it's a really interesting dynamic that the primary recipients of viewer rage are the women characters when the men are just as bad as the women (Shane, Merle, Dale, even Rick), yet that's passed over. . . .
I remember quite a bit of ire directed at Dale when he advocated disarmament in the face of a zombie apocalypse. (Said disarmament wouldn't apply to him, of course.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain