Author Topic: What's a good mid-range tequila?  (Read 11513 times)

slingshot

• friend
Re: What's a good mid-range tequila?
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2012, 11:22:21 AM »
Funny.  I went into my local liquor store and asked the very same question.  I ended up with Jose Quervo Traditional; limited edition whatever that means.  A bottle of liquor will often last me years, but generally not tequila.  I have scotch that I have had on the shelf for 20 years and it was already 15 year old scotch.  I have to say though, I enjoy sipping on a margarita and love the flavor.  I am probably a candidate for an upgrade since I use so little.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2012, 08:43:43 PM »
Sauza makes some very good tequilas.

I like Sauza gold (the cheap one) for mixings. Hornitos is a little more but very good for it's price. They make some really good ones that are more expensive but are great straight up.

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 10:01:47 PM »
what is this "moderation" you speak of?!?

A thing you learn from having too many tequila stories.  And 3 day hangovers.   =D
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 10:20:48 PM »
Boodles

Bombay sapphire

I'll be giving that a try. I bought some Tangeray a while back for Gin and Tonics and it wasn't so good. I used to really like it, but maybe since I haven't drank at all in about 7 years (one of my medications just didn't mix well with alcohol, now I'm off of it,yay!)  my tastes have changed a bit.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2012, 08:49:08 AM »
A thing you learn from having too many tequila stories.  And 3 day hangovers.   =D

hangovers are optional and caused by getting sober      stay drunk stop hangovers
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2012, 12:40:19 AM »
The original margarita is made from tequila, Cointreau, and lime juice. Very different from the drink served in most bars and restaurants and, to my taste, vastly superior.  Give it a try.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 01:11:31 AM by Chuck Dye »
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2012, 12:57:18 AM »
For sweet and sour drink like a margarita, I think you're better off upgrading the mixers rather than the liquor.  Get the next-to-the-cheapest tequila they have, and use real limes instead of a jug of m-mix.
"It's good, though..."

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2012, 07:22:19 AM »
The original margarita is made from tequila, Cointreau, and lime juice. Very different from the drink served in most bars and restaurants and, to my taste, vastly superior.  Give it a try.

This

Variations include a little triple sec

This is the way I like em
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog