Author Topic: We are *expletive deleted*ed  (Read 49431 times)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: We are *expletive deleted*ed
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2012, 08:09:39 AM »
Why did my post get deleted?

EDIT

sorry, wrong thread. Found it
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 09:15:31 AM by Fitz »
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2012, 08:10:02 AM »
There are geniuses saying that the Republican Party must adapt to the current demographic transformation. I say the opposite.  We need to get beyond race and ethnicity, not promote and embrace it.  America is supposed to be about the individual, but right now it is about anything but.

Yes. Appealing to group x and group y makes Republicans into Democrats. If we want a small-government party, it has to be one that says "Here is the plan for the whole country, of whatever race, creed, gender we may be."

Let's divide Americans from America-haters, not black from white.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2012, 08:15:20 AM »
There is utterly no proof of this.

This was not ever a contest of a conservative and a liberal candidate.
Doesn't matter.  In politics, perception is reality.  Whether Obama is more of a statist than Romney matters less than the how the electorate sees it.  The voters thought they had a choice between a left-wing, full-tilt-and-boogie statist, and a center-right "moderate".  They chose... poorly.  Proof that you seek is impossible, because a rock-ribbed libertarian/conservative can't get a major party nomination.  Which I believe illustrates my point.  Which is:

Until we have a new and awful defining moment, that so clearly identifies the inherent weaknesses of statism/nanny state liberalism, we are not going to change the paradigm.  Neither Benghazi, nor a bond-rating debacle, nor the bulldozing of a patently unConstitutional healthcare law the Congress, nor a festering, moribund economy has been enough to shake the electorate's faith in Big Government.  It's going to take a dinosaur-killer type of event to shake the electorate's view of our benevolent, paternalistic state.  I don't want to imagine how much suffering that transformative event would have to cause.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2012, 08:20:12 AM »
Heard several pundits on TV making excuses for the weak candidate pool last night and talking up how the young stud rising stars of the GOP stayed out of the race and how excited they are for 2016.

:facepalm:

The GOP has no balls, especially if the President isn't investigated and impeached over Bengazi.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2012, 08:22:44 AM »
Doesn't matter.  In politics, perception is reality.  Whether Obama is more of a statist than Romney matters less than the how the electorate sees it.  The voters thought they had a choice between a left-wing, full-tilt-and-boogie statist, and a center-right "moderate". 

Not the majority of voters (those who voted for Obama). They thought it was a choice between a moderate center/leftist and a job-outsourcer that also takes away health care.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2012, 08:25:12 AM »
Eight years of Clinton, eight years of Bush capped off by eight years of Obama?

There is no way the republic can withstand that shellacking and survive in any recognizable shape.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2012, 08:30:08 AM »
Why did my post get deleted?

Obama  [barf] had it redacted
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2012, 08:36:57 AM »
Doesn't matter.  In politics, perception is reality.  Whether Obama is more of a statist than Romney matters less than the how the electorate sees it.  The voters thought they had a choice between a left-wing, full-tilt-and-boogie statist, and a center-right "moderate".  They chose... poorly.  Proof that you seek is impossible, because a rock-ribbed libertarian/conservative can't get a major party nomination. 

And yet Reagan did and Goldwater did.

Romney was incapable of enunciating his position, of explaining why 'his way was better'. This is why he lost, and why he thoroughly deserved to lose.

It is foolish to wait for a cataclysmic event to 'demonstrate' something to the voters - people whose views tend towards the megastate will simply 'conclude' that 'the system has failed' and the solution is even more megastate solutions.  This is how every major emergency, and almost every fake emergency, in the last 100  years had worked out.  WW1, the Great Depression, WW2, Vietnam, the Cold War, the Kennedy assassination, the crime wave of the 1970's and 1980's, the War on Terror and the last 'market collapse' - each of these left the political status-quo to 'conclude' naturally what it had always wanted to conclude - that more and expanded state measures were supposedly needed. The only way that the public will ever make a new conclusion is activism (from voting to civil disobedience) and educational efforts to persuade them that something different would work. There are no short-cuts. Cowardice won't work, crafty political subterfuge won't work, miracles will not happen. Only the bravery to repeatedly restate the truth and the hard work of repeating the truth again and again, year after year, during elections and in off-years, no matter how unpopular or ridiculous it might seem, will eventually shift the game.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2012, 08:37:29 AM »

I'm also adopting an "open discrimination" policy towards all Democrats (non violent). My money will not go to any Democrat. Any friends who voted Democrat will no longer be friends.  Anyone working for me that is a democrat, won't work for me for long.

What if your best worker is a Democrat?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2012, 08:41:29 AM »
Well, who's Obama going to blame all the problems on now?

"It's Bush's Fault"®
"It's good, though..."

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2012, 09:35:14 AM »
Time to pick up the pieces and move forward.  I'm worried however.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2012, 09:40:51 AM »
Work (in a fed building, where partisan political talk is supposed to be banned) is going to be intolerable today.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2012, 09:41:44 AM »
There are a lot of people worried here where I work. We are not an overhead project... so there's a very real danger of sequestration destroying our jobs.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2012, 09:42:10 AM »
The politics of failure have failed. We need to make them work again.

"It's Bush's Fault"®

This. Obama's excuses won't change any.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2012, 09:43:16 AM »
Polls last night were showing that the public believes the economy is still Bush's fault.  ;/

The GOP has no balls, especially if the President isn't investigated and impeached over Bengazi.

You're assuming the public is going to hear the story. If an embassy is attacked and people die, and you don't hear it from the media, did the embassy get attacked?

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2012, 09:57:23 AM »
I know the origin/attribution are in question, but the sentiment seems appropriate, anyway.

"    A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.

Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. "
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

lysander6

• Ragnaroks!
  • Gun Control is Mind Control.
    • ZeroGov
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2012, 09:58:26 AM »
Even if Romney got in, merely a change of plantation owners with minimal disruption in the ongoing statist project.

I didn't vote so at least I am not part of the problem.  Ask yourself this:  how much would you pay to cast an individual vote?  The reason lobbyists spend so much is they are laser-focused on a specific wealth transfer.  The R and D factions spent almost two billion to get at the helm of trillions of dollars, that is a healthy return on investment for the winner. The individual vote: worthless.   

See:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIraCchPDhk

What next?  Prep for the coming collapse.  Stop wasting time on politics.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 10:03:09 AM by lysander6 »
" Of every One-Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there,
Eighty are nothing but targets,
Nine are real fighters...
We are lucky to have them...They make the battle,
Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...
and He will bring the others back."

- Heraclitus (circa 500 BC)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2012, 10:09:15 AM »
Even if Romney got in, merely a change of plantation owners with minimal disruption in the ongoing statist project.

I didn't vote so at least I am not part of the problem.  Ask yourself this:  how much would you pay to cast an individual vote?  The reason lobbyists spend so much is they are laser-focused on a specific wealth transfer.  The R and D factions spent almost two billion to get at the helm of trillions of dollars, that is a healthy return on investment for the winner. The individual vote: worthless.   

See:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIraCchPDhk

What next?  Prep for the coming collapse.  Stop wasting time on politics.

You didn't vote and you're not part of the problem?  :facepalm:

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2012, 10:09:33 AM »
I know the origin/attribution are in question, but the sentiment seems appropriate, anyway.

"    A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.

Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. "

That is about what I see for the future.  I don't know if there is a way to stop this snowball from growing. The president said he has a lot of work to do... understatement of the year.....  I don't see blue skys and sun shine.  I see cloudy skys and a storm that is brewing.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2012, 10:11:34 AM »
You didn't vote and you're not part of the problem?  :facepalm:

Do you REALLY think Romney was going to about-face the whole host of problems caused by the previous 2+ administrations?

Really?

Look at the number of people who deliberately didn't vote.  

It's greater than the number of people who did.

We voted for NobodyTM.

NobodyTM will balance the budget.

NobodyTM will stop the warmongering.

NobodyTM will repeal the Patriot Act.

NobodyTM will honor States' Rights.

and so on.

NobodyTM is the only sane candidate.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2012, 10:14:12 AM »
Only one question was asked in this election and we received only one answer:  "How fast will we go into the wall".  Avoiding the wall was never on the agenda.  When engaging in a post election navel-fest avoid the tendency to redefine the participants.  Romney was and is a northeastern republican.  He was never going to do what had to be done to salvage the republic.  No chance that he would dismantle our incipient police state.  No chance that he would really deal with the causes of inflation.  No chance that he would cut back on spending.  It just was not going to happen.  Well now we have re-elected a man who is by any measure an abysmal failure at governance with the added feature he has no agenda.  It will not take long for the man to assume the role of a wolf amongst sheep.  He will become out of control in implementing his agenda.  And all we have standing between us and his utopian wet dreams is a gelded republican party.  

I normally go to the likker store on Friday.  I had to make a trip today just to make it to Friday.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

brimic

• friends
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2012, 10:20:50 AM »
NobodyTM is the only sane candidate.
So true.

Only one question was asked in this election and we received only one answer:  "How fast will we go into the wall".  Avoiding the wall was never on the agenda.  When engaging in a post election navel-fest avoid the tendency to redefine the participants.  Romney was and is a northeastern republican.  He was never going to do what had to be done to salvage the republic.  No chance that he would dismantle our incipient police state.  No chance that he would really deal with the causes of inflation.  No chance that he would cut back on spending.  It just was not going to happen.  Well now we have re-elected a man who is by any measure an abysmal failure at governance with the added feature he has no agenda.  It will not take long for the man to assume the role of a wolf amongst sheep.  He will become out of control in implementing his agenda.  And all we have standing between us and his utopian wet dreams is a gelded republican party.
That as well.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

lysander6

• Ragnaroks!
  • Gun Control is Mind Control.
    • ZeroGov
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2012, 10:24:28 AM »
Monkeyleg,

Really?  I respectfully disagree.  So I just want to get this straight:  there is a contest between two serial killers to have an impact on my life, one has murdered thirteen and the other twelve and I should vote for the lesser of two evils which, of course, means I have a preference for evil. My vote does not mean a damn thing in national elections.  It makes no economic sense nor does it make a difference in the insane sinking statist ship America.

Now once NOBODY is a candidate and a majority of votes leaves the office vacant if NOBODY gets the majority of votes, I will go to the polls.  Until then, I will spend election day reloading and prepping.

Civic responsibility and duty is obedience to government and nothing more ornate than that.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 10:57:47 AM by lysander6 »
" Of every One-Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there,
Eighty are nothing but targets,
Nine are real fighters...
We are lucky to have them...They make the battle,
Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...
and He will bring the others back."

- Heraclitus (circa 500 BC)

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2012, 10:35:20 AM »
Heard several pundits on TV making excuses for the weak candidate pool last night and talking up how the young stud rising stars of the GOP stayed out of the race and how excited they are for 2016.

:facepalm:

By 2016 the Constitution will have been shredded.  They are dreaming.

I am hearing a lot of escapist nonsense from the rightwing chatter class this morning.  They can't accept the reality of what has happened.  Go back to the '60s and figure it out, pundit geniuses.  All they think of us is how they need to "brown" the GOP.  Yes, let us think with our DNA, that will save liberty.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2012, 10:37:15 AM »
Doesn't matter.  In politics, perception is reality.  Whether Obama is more of a statist than Romney matters less than the how the electorate sees it.  The voters thought they had a choice between a left-wing, full-tilt-and-boogie statist, and a center-right "moderate".  They chose... poorly.  Proof that you seek is impossible, because a rock-ribbed libertarian/conservative can't get a major party nomination.  Which I believe illustrates my point.  Which is:

Until we have a new and awful defining moment, that so clearly identifies the inherent weaknesses of statism/nanny state liberalism, we are not going to change the paradigm.  Neither Benghazi, nor a bond-rating debacle, nor the bulldozing of a patently unConstitutional healthcare law the Congress, nor a festering, moribund economy has been enough to shake the electorate's faith in Big Government.  It's going to take a dinosaur-killer type of event to shake the electorate's view of our benevolent, paternalistic state.  I don't want to imagine how much suffering that transformative event would have to cause.

And outside "politics" reality is still reality.  We are still going to implode financially and we are still going to find ourselves dealing with an implacable enemy abroad and we are still at sea as a culture internally. 

We needed a shock, though, to remind us we are at war, and we got one.  That is worth something.  Reality is a great teacher.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.