Author Topic: Patraeus resigns  (Read 8669 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Patraeus resigns
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2012, 02:25:18 PM »
My boss brought this one up today
(i think since her daughters ban on talking politics in the workplace, Louise has been going a bit bonkers since tuesday. Katie left early yesterday and isn't going to be in all weekend. So Louise has been going nonstop since yesterday. She has to get her political ranting out of her system while she can.)

I belive she also used the term "B-S" as well as her go to "Their all full of S-".
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2012, 02:46:54 PM »
Mrs Broadwell is a US Army officer, a Major in the Reserves, and a journalist.

I heard on the Nooz, she was recently promoted to LtC.  [tinfoil]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 04:18:39 PM by Sergeant Bob »
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2012, 03:48:08 PM »
Mrs Broadwell is a US Army officer, a Major in the Reserves, and a journalist.

I'm not entirely sure, but I highly suspect she could face trial as a military officer for illegally accessing classified material in furtherance of her journalist career.

She could also face a court martial for adultery. That's still against the rules under the UCMJ, I believe.

Or does it only count if she wears her uniform while seducing the victim?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2012, 03:54:11 PM »
She could also face a court martial for adultery. That's still against the rules under the UCMJ, I believe.

Or does it only count if she wears her uniform while seducing the victim?

I think it only counts if you're enlisted or not politically connected.   =|

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2012, 06:45:59 PM »
No one seriously believes he was cashiered for infidelity, do they?  I mean, c'mon.  And who says he gave her classified information or would have?  Is there any reason to believe that?

The fact is, he could have resigned, as most do, for "personal reasons."  No, they chose to force him into humiliation and disgrace. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2012, 07:02:41 PM »
No one seriously believes he was cashiered for infidelity, do they?  I mean, c'mon.  And who says he gave her classified information or would have?  Is there any reason to believe that?

The fact is, he could have resigned, as most do, for "personal reasons."  No, they chose to force him into humiliation and disgrace. 

Well, you are going to have to make it a bit clearer for me...
If he has info about Benghazi, then why not get him out quietly?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 09:39:37 PM »
Well, you are going to have to make it a bit clearer for me...
If he has info about Benghazi, then why not get him out quietly?

Pour encourager les autres.

Not saying that is what happened in this case. However, that could be a reason to very publicly humiliate this man. Fits with Chicago politics, too.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2012, 12:14:05 AM »
Damage his credibility by forcing public a story about an affair, and then nobody will believe what he has to say.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2012, 12:37:55 AM »
Don't worry, Longeyes, there's always a chance he will "kill himself in shame" in the future...maybe he'll even do it in the Fort Marcey Park?

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2012, 01:00:32 AM »
Patraeus doesn't matter. A full investigation will be launched. George Bush will be the culprit.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lysander6

• Ragnaroks!
  • Gun Control is Mind Control.
    • ZeroGov
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2012, 09:59:45 AM »
Damage his credibility by forcing public a story about an affair, and then nobody will believe what he has to say.

I think monkeyleg is onto something.
" Of every One-Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there,
Eighty are nothing but targets,
Nine are real fighters...
We are lucky to have them...They make the battle,
Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...
and He will bring the others back."

- Heraclitus (circa 500 BC)

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2012, 05:08:41 PM »
That is exactly what I meant: resignation, discrete, is one thing; public humiliation another.  This is no by-the-book resignation in the face of scandal.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2012, 05:51:58 PM »
you fellers following the story at all?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2012, 08:36:32 PM »
That is exactly what I meant: resignation, discrete, is one thing; public humiliation another.  This is no by-the-book resignation in the face of scandal.

Actually, it is. FBI is tipped off that someone may have unauthorized access to classified information. FBI investigates, and finds evidence that the Director of the CIA is nailing that someone. Yea, that is generally not good. If they're high enough up the foodchain, they resign and don't face charges. If they're not high enough up the foodchain, they face charges.

I believe Mr Patraeus voluntarily admitted the affair was his reason? And the whole FBI part?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2012, 09:12:44 PM »
Benghazi, Benschmazi.  Petreus was kept on in the service and given the CIA to keep him out of electoral politics and the 2012 election.

Now that 2012 is past, it is time to spin him off and hopefully destroy him as a threat in 2016.  If they can smear his testimony n Benghazi, so much the better.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2012, 10:56:25 PM »
Actually, it is. FBI is tipped off that someone may have unauthorized access to classified information. FBI investigates, and finds evidence that the Director of the CIA is nailing that someone. Yea, that is generally not good. If they're high enough up the foodchain, they resign and don't face charges. If they're not high enough up the foodchain, they face charges.

I believe Mr Patraeus voluntarily admitted the affair was his reason? And the whole FBI part?

Okay what was the classified information that Broadwell had access to...?

So every politician with a security clearance should have to resign if he has an affair, that what you are saying?  That would be a long line, I think, if all were to come to light.

The issue, again, is not the resignation, it is the manner of it.  Not kosher.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2012, 10:57:28 PM »
Benghazi, Benschmazi.  Petreus was kept on in the service and given the CIA to keep him out of electoral politics and the 2012 election.

Now that 2012 is past, it is time to spin him off and hopefully destroy him as a threat in 2016.  If they can smear his testimony n Benghazi, so much the better.

And this.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2012, 11:26:36 PM »

Pretty much my take.  He is bumped out and the government still has the goods on him.  Afterall, they do control his pension.  He won't say much even if they sopena him.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2012, 09:48:35 AM »
roo_ster has it right.  Petraeus was an electoral danger.  He's served his time and now assuming his proper location under the bus.  Problem is, his is in a better position to cause more damage to Obama et al than if he was DCIA.  Is his career over?  Not hardly.  He'll pull down $75,000 to $100,000 per speech.  He's only begun to make money, which is the precursor to running for political office. 

Petraeus is Obama's worst nightmare.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2012, 10:05:08 AM »
roo_ster has it right.  Petraeus was an electoral danger.  He's served his time and now assuming his proper location under the bus.  Problem is, his is in a better position to cause more damage to Obama et al than if he was DCIA.  Is his career over?  Not hardly.  He'll pull down $75,000 to $100,000 per speech.  He's only begun to make money, which is the precursor to running for political office. 

Petraeus is Obama's worst nightmare.

And that's why it appears they're trying so hard to destroy his credibility in the media. "You can't trust what he says about what we did in Benghazi, just look, he's an adulterer!!! Shaaaaame! Shaaaaaame! Shun the heretic!"

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2012, 10:27:32 AM »
And that's why it appears they're trying so hard to destroy his credibility in the media. "You can't trust what he says about what we did in Benghazi, just look, he's an adulterer!!! Shaaaaame! Shaaaaaame! Shun the heretic!"

Not so oddly, I just clicked a MSM article on the topic and the photo caption included, "The shamed former General..."

Never saw such during the Clinton fiasco or after in the MSM.  Certainly not while he was stumping for BHO.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2012, 10:30:27 AM »
The varied reports coming out now are getting rather bizarre. His wife knew about the affair. A close family friend is who contacted the FBI. A whistleblower started the investigation. Broadwell told reporters about prisoners in the CIA Annex, which may, or may not, have been classified information. Just to name a few.

It looks to me like a big bowl of information, misinformation, and targeted misinformation from all sides. I think it's going to take a while to separate the wheat from the chaff.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2012, 11:08:57 AM »
Chaff is a very kind term for what we are swimming in here.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2012, 12:33:32 PM »
Wow. I'm on another board where several of the people think Petraeus should get a complete and total pass and be reinstated because "He wouldn't have betrayed the United States," and "The media is making this into something that it's not."

What *expletive deleted*ing idiots.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2012, 01:44:40 PM »
Petraeus is just a minor figure in Obama's HAMLET.  But something is rotten in alll of Denmark.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.