Author Topic: Louisiana petitions to leave the Union  (Read 19070 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Louisiana petitions to leave the Union
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 08:38:28 PM »
Yep some of the main stream media have picked up on it, probably because President Obama said he would address any petition with at least 25k signatures on it.

I imagine Obama's response will be three letters....

.....I.R.S......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 08:39:22 PM »
Yep some of the main stream media have picked up on it, probably because President Obama said he would address any petition with at least 25k signatures on it.

He said he would address the petitions, he didn't say how.

I wonder how Texas will fare against the blue helmets.  [popcorn] I'll be rooting for Texas, but it sould be a good show.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 10:40:06 PM »
I'll get interested when we see a statewide ballot initiative passed calling for secession.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 11:18:27 PM »
A couple of years from now it will be page one news.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2012, 11:39:38 AM »
The petitions are probably worthless but I agree that they bring awareness.

Apparently Texas's secession petition get enough signatures to be over the threshold requiring comment by the Obama administration (25000 or something). Probably for this reason I heard about it on CBS news AM radio this morning. That's millions of people who at least heard about the idea of secession. It would cost a lot of money for that much advertising.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2012, 11:55:42 AM »
The Texas petition is at 70,000+ signatures now.

Also: "Recount the election!" 38,000 signatures.

About half a dozen other secession petitions are approaching the threshold.

ETA: Louisiana met the threshold.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:02:44 PM by kgbsquirrel »

brimic

• friends
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2012, 01:00:13 PM »
Crap! I'm going to be stuck way behind enemy lines. :facepalm:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2012, 02:22:08 AM »
I'm (slightly) impressed.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-texas-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/BmdWCP8B

For the link averse, that petition has garnered as of this posting, 106,844 signatures, all in 6 days. Wonder if the White House will actually release a response to this petition or if it'll just conveniently disappear like some others.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2012, 08:14:46 AM »
I'm (slightly) impressed.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-texas-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/BmdWCP8B

For the link averse, that petition has garnered as of this posting, 106,844 signatures, all in 6 days. Wonder if the White House will actually release a response to this petition or if it'll just conveniently disappear like some others.

Guess.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2012, 10:17:22 AM »
Guess.

Guess what? 

Hey, what was that I heard just get dumped in the Memory Hole?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2012, 10:23:35 AM »
Guess what? 

Hey, what was that I heard just get dumped in the Memory Hole?

Just placing bets the petitions get lost.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2012, 10:24:25 AM »
Just placing bets the petitions get lost.

What petitions?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2012, 10:27:08 AM »
(For clarity's sake, both roo_ster and I are in complete agreement. I'm pretty sure Mr. Winston Smith will take care of any pesky petitions like that.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2012, 11:12:31 AM »
(For clarity's sake, both roo_ster and I are in complete agreement. I'm pretty sure Mr. Winston Smith will take care of any pesky petitions like that.)

Today Louisiana acknowledged a petition where its citizens swore allegiance to the Union and renewed their commitment to the glorious and transformative path President Barack Obama has mapped out for us!   FORWARD!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 11:18:47 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2012, 03:07:20 PM »
Funniest (best?) part of this is the MSM is actually picking this up and it's creating some...interesting discussion.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2012, 04:23:08 PM »
Funniest (best?) part of this is the MSM is actually picking this up and it's creating some...interesting discussion.

MSMMoron: "What would actually happen if, you know, the people who actually pay the taxes...stopped?" :O
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2012, 06:05:49 PM »
Any particularly interesting links?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2012, 06:42:15 PM »
Not sure, seen a few reports on new shows though
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2012, 02:54:08 PM »
So far Florida, North Carolina, Alabama, Louisiana and Texas have all made the threshold. Still no response (surprised, I know). Also no response to "Recount to the election!" *yawn* Hey, look, some slut in New Jersey/California did something slutty and stupid, everyone look over there!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2012, 04:19:11 PM »
So far Florida, North Carolina, Alabama, Louisiana and Texas have all made the threshold. Still no response (surprised, I know). Also no response to "Recount to the election!" *yawn* Hey, look, some slut in New Jersey/California did something slutty and stupid, everyone look over there!

How's that "petition for redress of grievances" thing working out?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2012, 04:50:39 PM »

I'm not sure I should speak candidly about it on the internet. You're free to refer to historical precedents though.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2012, 12:27:43 AM »
I'm not sure I should speak candidly about it on the internet. You're free to refer to historical precedents though.

???

You guys realize that this is only a petition and carries absolutly no weight at all .... right?  I mean, meet the "threshold" and the government is somehow bound to "respond," which is going to be, "NO."
No actual real moves at secession have been made.  And they won't be made.  This stuff is all eye-candy entertainment for the amusment of those who are ... easily amused.  
Nothing more.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2012, 02:02:36 AM »
???

You guys realize that this is only a petition and carries absolutly no weight at all .... right?  I mean, meet the "threshold" and the government is somehow bound to "respond," which is going to be, "NO."
No actual real moves at secession have been made.  And they won't be made.  This stuff is all eye-candy entertainment for the amusment of those who are ... easily amused.  
Nothing more.

Hmmm.  Is that a historical quote from the court of King George...?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2012, 01:08:15 PM »
Hmmm.  Is that a historical quote from the court of King George...?

No, Rasputin.  Get a clue.  [tinfoil] [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero