Author Topic: 2012 Election Map by Population Density  (Read 3773 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
2012 Election Map by Population Density
« on: November 15, 2012, 08:04:46 PM »
An interesting map of 2012 election results built based on population density.
Larger images available here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/idvsolutions/8182119174/sizes/c/in/photostream/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Re: 2012 Election Map by Population Density
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 08:09:37 PM »
Very interesting
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 08:43:40 PM »

We want what you have, and there's nothing you can do to stop us.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 09:09:04 PM »
We want what you have, and there's nothing you can do to stop us.

Wanna bet? >:D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 09:49:26 PM »
Does not surprise me.  I saw a map from the last election, red vs. blue, who won each county.  One could travel from coast to coast without having to pass through a blue county.

I saw a pretty disingenuous version of this comparison.  Red states blue states, overlaid with a map of free vs. slave states from the civil war era, implying that opposition to the 0ne is racist.  <spit!>
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 09:51:50 PM »
Joke is on the blue counties when they starve in the dark.  God help the red ones adjacent,  may their ammo hold out.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 10:15:34 PM »
Joke is on the blue counties when they starve in the dark.  God help the red ones adjacent,  may their ammo hold out.

That's a nice picture to imagine but I don't think the lines will be quite that distinct.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 10:23:00 AM »
You should look up what the map looks like among voters that are federal tax payers.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 10:26:52 AM »
You should look up what the map looks like among voters that are federal tax payers.

Indeed. Were the data available and allowed for public dissemination, I would like to see that map as well as a "voters on government entitlements" map. I think the change in emphasis of the landscape would be pretty interesting and informative.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 11:06:21 AM »
Indeed. Were the data available and allowed for public dissemination, I would like to see that map as well as a "voters on government entitlements" map. I think the change in emphasis of the landscape would be pretty interesting and informative.

They've actually published such a map, based on CNN exit polls however so the veracity is a bit questionable.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 11:47:09 AM »
I hate how the overlap of red/blue comes out purple, which just looks like blue anyways.

And WTF is up with that little square in Idaho?  Or is that Spokane, WA (WSU might cause that much blue, maybe...)?

Wherever it is, burn it!  Burn it with fire!

I'm rather surprised by the amount of red in Louisiana.  I always thought the chocolate city and its enclaves would be bluer.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 11:59:52 AM »

I hate how the overlap of red/blue comes out purple, which just looks like blue anyways.

SEIU.  Yuck.

And WTF is up with that little square in Idaho?  Or is that Spokane, WA (WSU might cause that much blue, maybe...)?

Wherever it is, burn it!  Burn it with fire!

Spokane.  My idiot neighbors.

Notice also the beginnings of blue tumors in Montana.

Quote from: Longshanks

The trouble with Scotland is that it's full of Scots.

So, using the schools, let's breed them out.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

lysander6

• Ragnaroks!
  • Gun Control is Mind Control.
    • ZeroGov
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 12:15:05 PM »
And WTF is up with that little square in Idaho?  Or is that Spokane, WA (WSU might cause that much blue, maybe...)?

Wherever it is, burn it!  Burn it with fire!

That is Sun Valley where Hollywood stars and folks with inherited money buy property.  The combination makes it a natural nesting area for collectivists.
" Of every One-Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there,
Eighty are nothing but targets,
Nine are real fighters...
We are lucky to have them...They make the battle,
Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...
and He will bring the others back."

- Heraclitus (circa 500 BC)

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 12:23:36 PM »

That is Sun Valley where Hollywood stars and folks with inherited money buy property.  The combination makes it a natural nesting area for collectivists.

I think he's looking a little farther north, up by the panhandle.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 06:31:46 PM »
I guess I didn't get the secret decoder ring. I don't find the map very informative. [kicks rocks]
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife