Author Topic: Goodbye Twinkie, Killed by Snoball of Labor Demands  (Read 13887 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Goodbye Twinkie, Killed by Snoball of Labor Demands
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2012, 01:15:35 AM »
I got 30% of my last paycheck and 10% of my "Stay-on" bonus.  

I agree with everything you said, and it's business 101. Sometimes you have to pay more to keep folks than you really want to, especially when times are bad and things are really tight.

Re that comment, I gather you did not get the compensation you were promised?

My rule of thumb is, when the accountants start the evac, follow them. You're not going to get paid anyways.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2012, 08:52:55 PM »
Re that comment, I gather you did not get the compensation you were promised?

I got the raise and made the big bucks for about 4 months.   Once the lawyers and the court was done, there wasn't a whole lot of $$$ and it got proportioned out among all the creditors.   Other vendors also got pennies on the dollars owed them.   Once the ship has sunk, there's no way to get any more $$$ out of it.   Ehhh.

Anyway, I was at least able to say I was making $Y*2, which made some employers think that I was some kind of wunderkind of warehousing and logistics.   =D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 09:04:58 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2012, 09:07:25 PM »
Judge say not so fast, back to the bargaining table.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1978304292001/
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2012, 09:12:08 PM »

That's very Atlas Shrugged-ish.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2012, 09:30:03 PM »

"You can't go out of business, we forbid it!"

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2012, 10:59:34 AM »
That's the future: you can do what the Feds say you can do.  But this is just an extension of what we already have.  You don't own your property; you rent it from the government so long as you pay your property taxes (which are certainly not related to real property use).
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2012, 04:07:37 PM »
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/11/19/hostess-and-bakers-union-agree-to-mediation/

Text link to augment RKL's announcement.

So far, it's just a judge "urging."  Not "ruling."  OK, fine.  Not Anti-Dog-Eat-Dog Act yet.

Yet. =|

ETA:  Not anti-dog-eat-dog... I'm misremembering the wrong bill.  Directive 10-289.  For those who have never read Atlas Shrugged...

Quote from: Directive 10-289 from Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged
Point One: All workers, wage earners, and employees of any kind whatsoever shall henceforth be attached to their jobs and shall not leave nor be dismissed nor change employment...

Point Two: All industrial, commercial, manufacturing, and business establishments of any nature whatsoever shall henceforth remain in operation, and the owners of such establishments shall not quit, nor leave, nor retire, nor close, sell or transfer their business...

Point Three: All patents and copyrights, pertaining to any devices, inventions, formulas, processes, and works of any nature whatsoever, shall be turned over to the nation as a patriotic emergency gift...

Point Four: No new devices, inventions, products, or goods of any nature whatsoever, not now on the market, shall be produced, invented, manufactured or sold after the date of this directive...

Point Five: Every establishment, concern, corporation or person engaged in production of any nature whatsoever shall henceforth produce the same amount of goods per year as is, they or he produced during the Basic Year, no more or no less...

Point Six: Every person of any age, sex, class or income, shall henceforth spend the same amount of money on the purchase of goods per year as he or she spent during the Basic Year, no more and no less...

Point Seven: All wages, prices, salaries, dividends, profits, interest rates and forms of income of any nature whatsoever, shall be frozen at their present figures, as of the date of this directive. (But taxes will be allowed to increase as needed for the public good)

Point Eight: All cases arising from and rules not specifically provided for in this directive, shall be settled and determined by the Unification Board, whose decisions shall be final.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 04:32:09 PM by AZRedhawk44 »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2012, 07:02:47 PM »
Why would I not be too surprised to see some version of that at least introduced as a bill in the near future :facepalm:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2012, 09:48:29 AM »
Maybe Fiat can buy the brand names.  Twinkie could be a good moniker for a cute midget car aimed at single females.  Ding Dong might be a tad offensive.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2012, 10:33:18 AM »
Maybe Fiat can buy the brand names.  Twinkie could be a good moniker for a cute midget car aimed at single females.  Ding Dong might be a tad offensive.

.....And they can call their sports car the "Zinger"!....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I