Author Topic: Obama's "Defense" of Susan Rice  (Read 1967 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Obama's "Defense" of Susan Rice
« on: November 16, 2012, 10:18:25 AM »
I normally have little commonality of opinion with Kristen Powers, but I found this opinion piece by her brings up some good points on the Obama/Rice thing. Especially the part where she asks, if Rice had nothing to do with Benghazi, why was she made "the face of Benghazi" for the media immediately after the attacks?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/15/president-obama-silly-sexist-defense-susan-rice/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

longeyes

• friend
Re: Obama's "Defense" of Susan Rice
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 10:42:20 AM »
It's called using a woman as a human shield.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 10:47:39 AM »
And, if you feel your UN Ambassador requires a sham chivalrous defense, you picked the wrong person for the job in the first place.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 10:54:46 AM »
The Rat Eared Wonder found his War on Women theme to work so he's continuing it ...  [popcorn]
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 08:27:14 PM »
Ms. Rice is our ambassador to the United Nations.

Why was she in ANY way involved in explaining to anyone what happened at that consulate? It's totally illogical -- it's like sending our ambassador to Peru to explain it.

Oh, but wait ... Ms. Rice is female, and black. Ergo, anyone who dares question anything she said is automatically racist and a chauvinist.

Got it. Check.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 07:09:36 AM »
Coverup 101 instructs government that Step Two of any coverup is to assign people or groups to deal with it who / which have no knowledge or understanding of the mess.  TWA 800 you assigned the FBI to investigate and air crash.  Vince Foster you assign the federal park police to investigate a murder.  Etc., etc., and etc.. That way you've reduced the chance of truth making an unfortunate appearance.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 10:47:56 AM »
TWA 800 you assigned the FBI to investigate and air crash.

It is SOP for the FBI to investigate when initial indications are that a crash may have been the result of a criminal act.  The FBI concluded that the crash of Flight 800 was not the result of a criminal act and closed their investigation sixteen months afterwards.
Not much of a coverup there.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 03:20:13 PM »
The Rat Eared Wonder found his War on Women theme to work so he's continuing it ...  [popcorn]

Huh what? Easy on the nicknames there.  Please refer to the sticky.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

birdman

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 10:52:38 PM »
Coverup 101 instructs government that Step Two of any coverup is to assign people or groups to deal with it who / which have no knowledge or understanding of the mess.  TWA 800 you assigned the FBI to investigate and air crash.  Vince Foster you assign the federal park police to investigate a murder.  Etc., etc., and etc.. That way you've reduced the chance of truth making an unfortunate appearance.

Vince foster was found in an area covered by the national park system.  Hence the park police.  Not much of a coverup indicated by that.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 02:05:14 AM »
Ms. Rice is our ambassador to the United Nations.

Why was she in ANY way involved in explaining to anyone what happened at that consulate? It's totally illogical -- it's like sending our ambassador to Peru to explain it.

Oh, but wait ... Ms. Rice is female, and black. Ergo, anyone who dares question anything she said is automatically racist and a chauvinist.

Got it. Check.

Because the explanation that matters to Obama is the explanation to the world, not to the citizens of theUnited States.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 03:02:47 PM »
I see the Black Caucus is now chiming in, predictably.  

So long as the GOP is afraid to call the black caucus racist they are worthless.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 05:29:20 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 03:58:41 PM »
So CBS News has a breaking story that the Director of National Intelligence is who pulled the Al Qaeda references in Rice's talking points. Whether it ends up being true or not, one particular quote in the story got my attention. An intelligence source stated Al Qaeda links were not mentioned because they were "too tenuous". Yet specifically mentioning a YouTube video link was NOT too tenuous?

http://michellemalkin.com/2012/11/20/cbs-dni-al-qaeda/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."