Author Topic: ZT Systems desktops?  (Read 1484 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
ZT Systems desktops?
« on: November 17, 2012, 11:45:34 AM »
http://www.costco.com/ZT-Desktop%2c-Intel%C2%AE-Core%E2%84%A2-i7-3770-3.40GHz%2c-Blu-ray-Writer.product.100011085.html

My primary home desktop is over five years old and is showing its age when it comes to playing Call of Duty, Black Ops Two.  I have been doing some searching, and came across this.  I have never heard of this vendor before, but it strikes me as a decent price for what you get.  They are assembled in New Jersey, which is a plus.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Re: ZT Systems desktops?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 02:40:56 PM »
My only concern would be the quality of components used...  but then again, that's a concern regardless of who you purchase a system through....
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

erik the bold

• friend
  • Bite my shiney metal....
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 03:20:09 PM »
Costco extends the factory warranty by an extra year, that's a plus.

2nd Year Warranty

Costco extends the manufacturer's warranty on Televisions, Projectors & Computers* to 2 years from the date of purchase. See the manufacturer's warranty for specific coverage terms. For warranty service, contact Costco Concierge Services at 1-866-861-0450. Available 5 a.m. -10 p.m. (PST), 7 days a week, excluding holidays.

The power supply seems a bit marginal at 350w, but I haven't built any new desktops in a couple of years.
Wonder if you can get it with WIN 7 instead of 8 (Ugg!)
"Belief" is the acceptance of a hypothesis in the absence of data.
"Prejudice" is having an opinion not supported by the preponderance of the data.
"Knowledge" is only found through the accumulation and analysis of data.
The plural of anecdote is not "data"

NOTICE: Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.
BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 03:53:55 PM »
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 11:16:11 PM by zxcvbob »
"It's good, though..."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 11:52:21 PM »
We ordered a ZT for a data processing guy at my office a couple of years ago.  It's still running fine.