Author Topic: FBI no-knock, nearly kill unarmed occupants, no reason for raid given.  (Read 3772 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/11/woman-shot-in-district-heights-during-fbi-warrant-search-82121.html

Cliff's Notes: FBI storm house at 6AM, home owner yells that no one has a gun at which point FBI agent exclaims "she has a gun!" and they proceed to open fire narrowly missing the home owner and injuring his daughter with fragments from a ricochet. No guns were ever even in the house, let alone in the hands of the 18 year old daughter.

They were never told why their home was raided.

The FBI has only said agents from the Baltimore field office were there exercising a search warrant...

So, the Feds didn't deign to give the home owner a copy of the search warrant? Double ewe tea eff, Batman.

longeyes

• friend
Re: FBI no-knock, nearly kill unarmed occupants, no reason for raid given.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 03:01:33 PM »
Lawsuit.  Repeat as needed.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 03:30:33 PM »
Lawsuit.  Repeat as needed.

That doesn't affect the agents or the agency.

Firings.  Repeat as needed.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 04:10:27 PM »

That's still holding them to a lower standard than a "common civilian." Home invasion (until a valid warrant is produced), attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon.

Incarceration. Repeat as needed.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 04:43:00 PM »
Has anyone seen the alleged warrant?
"It's good, though..."

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 05:05:59 PM »
That's still holding them to a lower standard than a "common civilian." Home invasion (until a valid warrant is produced), attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon.

You're right. I stand corrected.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 05:58:27 PM »
I hate this.

Dynamic entry warrants should be reserved for the apprehension of known criminals who are a clear and present danger to society. The fundamental premise of a search warrant is (or used to be, and should be) that you show the warrant to the occupant, he/she/they get an opportunity to determine that it's legitimate (and that it's not for a family with a similar-sounding name who live on the other side of town, or for a previous occupant who hasn't lived there for a year), then they let the nice officers enter and ... search.

No knocks and dynamic entries should NOT be allowed for searches. The Cato Institute tracks these types of events, and the number of people injured or killed as a result of botched search warrants is sobering. (That's a euphemism for "frightening," BTW.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 06:18:00 PM »
Has anyone seen the alleged warrant?

Another iteration of the story. At the end they insinuate it's connected with a large heroin distribution bust but they never explicitly state that this particularly search warrant is directly related to it. Also in answer to your question, no I have not been able to find the warrant yet.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/20105533/swat-team-involved-in-shooting-in-district-heights

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 06:32:20 PM »
Aren't no-knock warrants usually sealed?

Not sure if I'm remembering that fact correctly? Chris? Anyone? Bueller?
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 07:24:37 PM »

This right here.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 01:41:56 AM »

Ah, assuming you're actually there, do you have to open the door for them if they don't produce a warrant?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 06:54:42 AM »
warrants don't have to say why. just what
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 07:50:50 AM »
Ah, assuming you're actually there, do you have to open the door for them if they don't produce a warrant?
I don't think anyone made any attempt to show the Branch Davidians a warrant.

On the other hand, decades ago when I was a kid in Chicago, I saw a TV report where reporters went along on a police drug raid. It didn't go so well - cops knocked on the door, shouted a bit, and then went after the door with sledgehammers. (This was before the purpose-made battering rams.)

The sledgehammers bounced off the door. Repeatedly.

In due course, a small, speakeasy-type window opened up and the occupant demanded to know who was pounding on his door. Police demanded he open up RIGHT NOW.

Guy refused - said word to the effect of "You gots ta have a warrant! Ah don't has ta open lessin you shows me a warrant!"

More shouting, eventually they found the paperwork. Occupant made them hold it up to the window so he could read it, whereupon he opened the door - which was very heavily reinforced.

IIRC, they didn't find any drugs. They were contemplating arrests anyhow for not opening the door promptly, but the guy said "Ah opened it as soon as Ah knew youse had a warrant!"

This is probably why the police hardly ever invite the press along on these things any more.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 09:32:57 AM »

Great pun there, which I will avoid  :angel:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 09:39:14 AM »

In due course, a small, speakeasy-type window opened up and the occupant demanded to know who was pounding on his door. Police demanded he open up RIGHT NOW.

Guy refused - said word to the effect of "You gots ta have a warrant! Ah don't has ta open lessin you shows me a warrant!"

More shouting, eventually they found the paperwork. Occupant made them hold it up to the window so he could read it, whereupon he opened the door - which was very heavily reinforced.

IIRC, they didn't find any drugs. They were contemplating arrests anyhow for not opening the door promptly, but the guy said "Ah opened it as soon as Ah knew youse had a warrant!"

This.

A well-respected attorney here in Va opines that no-knock warrants are violations of the state constitution.

He has not taken a case to court under that notion.  I do not know if it is because nobody has hired him to do so.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 10:09:17 AM »
Just finished reading ENEMIES FOREIGN & DOMESTIC.....didn't realize it was reclassified as nonfiction.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 11:07:57 AM »
Great pun there, which I will avoid  :angel:

Freudian slip. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 11:32:10 AM »

I didn't mean stop with lawsuits.  All of this is right.  We need to fight back.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 06:27:17 PM »
While I'm not advocating for it I'm surprised that we don't see more examples of the Killdozer.
Abuse a person long enough and take away everything they value eventually they will either implode or explode.

http://www.damninteresting.com/the-wrath-of-the-killdozer/
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2012, 06:34:58 PM »
While I'm not advocating for it I'm surprised that we don't see more examples of the Killdozer.
Abuse a person long enough and take away everything they value eventually they will either implode or explode.

I've mused about this with my friends often. I suspect there are plenty (perhaps a few thousand) of folks at that breaking point but the convergence of that mental state along with the material resources, the knowledge to put it all together and the motivation to do so is rather rare.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 06:50:14 PM »
and it isn't very effective in actually changing anything.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 07:07:07 PM »

Who needs killdozer when all you need is diesel, fertilizer, and a little patience in accumulating those items?.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 07:10:33 PM »
Also ineffective in producing change. Unless more government regulation and attention on those who love liberty all the while smearing them as domestic terrorists is the goal.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 08:15:59 PM »
I don't think the "watering the tree of liberty" thing includes the blood of the tyrants' families, acquaintances, other people occupying the same office building, etc.  (kind of rules out the use of explosives unless you are very very good with them)

Also to affect any meaningful change you need the support of the people.  McVeigh is not a folk hero.  The men who took up arms against a corrupt sheriff in Athen, TN are. (1947 I think)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 08:19:27 PM by zxcvbob »
"It's good, though..."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2012, 08:21:08 PM »
and it isn't very effective in actually changing anything.

Sometimes it isn't about change, it's about revenge. >:D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams