Author Topic: $deity save us from the GOP  (Read 7334 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
$deity save us from the GOP
« on: November 19, 2012, 10:08:26 AM »
http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/18/rubio-makes-his-iowa-debut-as-possible-future-of-the-republican-party/

I don't remember which of the numerous recent post-election threads here we posited this in, but there was much lamenting and gnashing of teeth and rending of garments due to the probable options in 2016 for POTUS.  Jindal, Rubio, Jeb Bush and the other "Hispanic-courting" elements of the GOP.

This is the RNC trying to put the kaibash on grass roots activism, plain and simple.

One week after the election, though?  Wow.  4 more years of campaigning.  Ugh.

I'm wondering when the election cycle will actually begin prior to the preceding election.  When that happens, will it form a singularity and suck Mordor on the Potomac into itself?  Kind of like Chris Christie eating himself starting at the belly button?  One can hope.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
Re: $deity save us from the GOP
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 10:41:19 AM »
2016 is on other side of a very, very deep chasm that not even illegal aliens can get across.  It is not going to be business as usual from here to there.

These GOP masterminds are dreaming if they think the answer to America's woes is to go Latin.  We are where we are today in no small part because of letting our borders go unguarded.  It's not just the latinos who are here taking jobs and welfare, it's the blacks they've displaced and made lifetime welfare recipients, the unions that have used illegals to puff themselves up, and the white middle-class that works for the welfare empire.

We are slowly but surely setting up a plantation system in the United States and the GOP hierarchs plan to be in the padron class.

It is all sadly laughable.

The ugly reality of all of it is this: We are their bitches.  Until we understand that and start to say no way, it is all just a joke--on us.

The United States has become a movie with a bad script, bad director, and bad actors that a lot of us are ready to get up and leave, demanding our money back. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 11:03:34 AM »
2016 is on other side of a very, very deep chasm that not even illegal aliens can get across.  It is not going to be business as usual from here to there.

These GOP masterminds are dreaming if they think the answer to America's woes is to go Latin.  We are where we are today in no small part because of letting our borders go unguarded.  It's not just the latinos who are here taking jobs and welfare, it's the blacks they've displaced and made lifetime welfare recipients, the unions that have used illegals to puff themselves up, and the white middle-class that works for the welfare empire.

We are slowly but surely setting up a plantation system in the United States and the GOP hierarchs plan to be in the padron class.

It is all sadly laughable.

The ugly reality of all of it is this: We are their bitches.  Until we understand that and start to say no way, it is all just a joke--on us.

The United States has become a movie with a bad script, bad director, and bad actors that a lot of us are ready to get up and leave, demanding our money back. 

Incredibly apt, except you forgot the armed guards waiting at the exits, ready to herd us back to our seats so we may cry through the credits and outtakes.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 12:32:06 PM »
I just think it's funny that the GOP thinks that it has a future....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 12:39:59 PM »
Right, it's all over, let's pack it up and go home.  Move along, nothing to see here .....

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 01:11:20 PM »
The GOP may not have a future, but that's their fault, not the failing of the core principles they have purported to support.

We need a true populist movement centered on those same principles, and that is just beginning even as the GOP is nearing its end.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 08:57:54 PM »
The whole problem I have with the Illegal Immigration problem is that we had Amnesty in the mid-80's.  The fed.gov was supposed to fix the problem so that we would not have to do it again.

That's the problem I have with "Comprehensive Immigration Reform", is that it's "Amnesty only", but still won't correct the illegal immigration problem. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 11:26:51 PM »
What we need is a viable third party, but I don't see any way for that to become reality.

My wife is from another country (here legally, thank you), and we were there visiting a few years ago during the run-up to their presidential election. I don't recall specifics but there were something like six genuine parties and candidates involved. The election itself was two stages -- the first stage eliminated all but two or three top vote-getters, then there was another month or six weeks of campaigning and coalition forming, followed by the final election.

I found myself wishing we had something like that here ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 12:25:42 AM »
The whole problem I have with the Illegal Immigration problem is that we had Amnesty in the mid-80's.  The fed.gov was supposed to fix the problem so that we would not have to do it again.

That's the problem I have with "Comprehensive Immigration Reform", is that it's "Amnesty only", but still won't correct the illegal immigration problem. 

Neither party can get off script.  They don't want to touch birthright citizenship or chain migration/family reunification, both of which need to be eliminated.  They refuse to make real cuts or restrictions in the welfare state, especially as it applies to immigrants both legal and illegal.  As it is, it is not about a pathway to citizenship, it is really about a) a pathway to citizenship irrelevancy and b) a pathway to utter national insolvency.

The open borders constituencies, in both parties, control this debate, and it is going to take a lot of work, and some raw talk, to get through the flapdoodle.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 10:57:22 AM »
The Republican Party, let it be said, is for all intents and purposes a liberal party.  It does not disagree in principle with most of the Progressive principles; it just makes sure that its friends at the top get a nice share of the spoils.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 05:36:33 PM »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 06:24:22 PM »
This is what happens when you try and ignore the Ron Paul movement...

Yup.  And as I recall, ---Limbaugh-ism deleted--- Al Gore larded up, and grew a goatee after his failed election.

http://www.dailypaul.com

I had no idea that site existed.  Bookmark.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 06:36:58 PM »
He looks the way I feel.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 11:35:06 PM »
He looks the way I feel.

You feel like Bruce Campbell after getting an arsewhooping from the Army of Darkness?   :rofl:
--Lysander Spooner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 01:29:56 AM »
You feel like Bruce Campbell after getting an arsewhooping from the Army of Darkness?   :rofl:

Racist.  :police:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 10:02:09 AM »
Wait for the Mitt Romney, Mormon Hitman thriller series, available on Kindle.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 12:00:39 PM »
This is what happens when you try and ignore the Ron Paul movement...

:rofl:
Not just the Ron Paul movement.  A lot of Tea Party voters felt ignored by the Republican Establishment.  When you fail to listen to your own grass roots, you are doomed to fail.  The democrat do a very good job of at least paying lip service to their various grass roots movements.  It doesn't say much for the political skills of the Replublican Establishment that they would try to ignore or avoid theirs.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 12:06:26 PM »
Not just the Ron Paul movement.  A lot of Tea Party voters felt ignored by the Republican Establishment.  When you fail to listen to your own grass roots, you are doomed to fail.  The democrat do a very good job of at least paying lip service to their various grass roots movements.  It doesn't say much for the political skills of the Replublican Establishment that they would try to ignore or avoid theirs.

The Republican establishment is ashamed of their base. It makes them unpopular at parties and with the press.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 04:53:19 PM »
The Republican establishment is ashamed of their base. It makes them unpopular at parties and with the press.

Ayup.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 05:46:50 PM »
Why is it that this:

Reminds me of this:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 05:53:46 PM »

Are we going to pretend that the vote fraud was simply not a factor?
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2012, 06:29:21 PM »
Are we going to pretend that the vote fraud was simply not a factor?

I haven't seen any indication that it decisively tipped the scales in any/enough key states to have made much of a difference.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2012, 07:27:51 PM »
Have seen it stated elsewhere that voter fraud wasn't enough to effect the national elections, but may have been a factor in some state and local races...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 08:34:42 PM »
When voter fraud is blamed, it's usually just people not wanting to admit one of three things:

1) their candidate was *expletive deleted*it

2)the American people are stupid

3) both 1 and 2
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 08:38:38 PM »
When voter fraud is blamed, it's usually just people not wanting to admit one of three things:

1) their candidate was *expletive deleted*

2)the American people are stupid

3) both 1 and 2

4) And besides, the Repub hierarchy said that if we just had those pesky minorities and young people show photo ID when voting, all those fraud problems would be solved.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.