Author Topic: SC Dept of Revenue Hacked -- It Just Gets Better  (Read 1326 times)

Waitone

• friend
SC Dept of Revenue Hacked -- It Just Gets Better
« on: November 20, 2012, 06:18:32 PM »
History
SC DoR get hacked.  Result is 3.8 million social security numbers, 400,000 credit and debit card numbers, and 650,000 business tax information stolen.

And today we hear
3.3 million bank account numbers were stolen
http://www.fitsnews.com/2012/11/20/3-3-million-bank-account-numbers-too/

So far no heads bouncing down the state house steps. . . . . take that back.  Head of DoR submitted his resignation.  On a totally unrelated matter, rumors are floating around that the hack was an inside job.

Its a good thing my last colonoscopy is not online somewhere.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: SC Dept of Revenue Hacked -- It Just Gets Better
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 06:20:49 PM »

Could very well be in the datacenter of a former employer of mine. :P

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 06:23:48 PM »

It is but got confused with an interview with David Axelrod...
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 01:50:09 AM »

Zing!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 02:45:02 AM »

Don't they make sure you're not full of *expletive deleted*it for a colonoscopy?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 07:04:39 AM »
So far no heads bouncing down the state house steps. . . . . take that back.  Head of DoR submitted his resignation. 

Resigning should not be an option.

And if heads are going to bounce down the statehouse steps, there needs to be a functionary at the bottom who inserts them on pikes.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »
Hackers will play knock-hockey with this government in the times ahead.  Technological civilizations are not as strong as they think.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.