Author Topic: I have to get something off my chest about Susan Rice.  (Read 7895 times)

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
Re: I have to get something off my chest about Susan Rice.
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2012, 08:02:14 AM »
I think we need to look at America with a very cold eye right now.

I think we have had to do this for a long time.  People seem to have short memories once their party is in power.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2012, 08:52:37 AM »
I saw a few pieces on her over the weekend and her resume doesn't seem all that bad.  She also looks pretty black to me.

While working for the Clinton administration in '96 she was a leading voice in refusing to take Bin Laden when offered by Sudan.
While in the state dept. in '98 her voice was deciding factor in refusing requests from US embassies in africa additional security against car bombs.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-susan-rices-tarnished-resume/2012/11/16/55ec3382-3012-11e2-a30e-5ca76eeec857_story.html

www.biography.com/people/susan-e-rice-391616
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2012, 11:10:29 AM »
I think we have had to do this for a long time.  People seem to have short memories once their party is in power.

Indeed, but Americans are, we are told, an open-minded and optimistic people.  They are.  Perhaps way too much so.  We are too much in love with our myths about our inevitability.  This is just escapism. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2012, 11:34:29 AM »
While working for the Clinton administration in '96 she was a leading voice in refusing to take Bin Laden when offered by Sudan.
While in the state dept. in '98 her voice was deciding factor in refusing requests from US embassies in africa additional security against car bombs.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-susan-rices-tarnished-resume/2012/11/16/55ec3382-3012-11e2-a30e-5ca76eeec857_story.html

Another Jamie Gorelick !!!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 11:37:33 AM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2012, 03:26:40 PM »

I never suggested that she was any good at her job, but just that she didn't go straight from college into her current job. 
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.