Author Topic: Tha audacity of dope  (Read 882 times)

brimic

• friends
Tha audacity of dope
« on: November 29, 2012, 04:38:03 PM »
I got this in my email from Barry asking me what I would do with $2000 of my own hard earned money (I'm sure its actually much more money in my case) if the dems weren't holding it hostage to get terms to redistribute the rest of my money :

Hello --

Today, I met a woman named Lyn Lyon. She's a senior citizen from Virginia, and we invited her to the White House because she wrote in to explain why it is so important for all of us to make sure that taxes don't go up on the middle class.

"Let's show the rest of the world we are adults," she said. "Living in a democracy, we can solve our problems by working together."

All of us here in Washington have a little more than a month to find the kind of solution that Lyn describes. If Congress does nothing, every family in America will see their taxes automatically go up at the beginning of next year. A typical middle-class family of four would see its taxes rise by $2,200. That means less money to buy groceries or fill a prescription. It means a tougher choice between paying the rent and paying tuition.

So right now, I'm asking you to join Lyn and thousands of other Americans who are speaking out. Add your voice to this debate, and I'll ask Congress to listen to the people who sent us here to serve.

Tell us why you think it's important to keep taxes from going up on the middle class.

A year ago, during our last fight to protect middle-class families, tens of thousands of working Americans took action. They wrote in to us, and we put their stories on the front page of the White House website. They called, tweeted, and brought in their friends on Facebook -- and sure enough, it worked. Congress listened.

The same thing happened earlier this year, when college students across the country stood up and demanded that Congress keep rates low on student loans. Lawmakers got that message loud and clear.

When enough people get involved, we have a pretty good track record. And that’s important, because this is our biggest challenge yet -- and it's one we can only meet together. I'm going to do my part -- not just by sitting down with CEOs, labor leaders, and leaders in Congress -- but by taking this to the American people.

I'll go anywhere and do anything it takes until we get this done. But I can't do it alone.

So I'm asking you to join me -- and folks like Lyn. Add your voice to ours, and share your story. Because this debate is too important for Washington to get it wrong.

Will you tell us what $2,000 means to you?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/my2k

Thanks,

President Obama

Feel free to give Obama an idea of what you would do with your $2000 if you were allowed to keep it, I'm waiting for my blood pressure to come down before I reply.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Tha audacity of dope
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 05:26:11 PM »
Buy Powerball* tickets.....Oh, wait....

*State-run Lotteries are simply a tax on people who are bad at math.  Studies have shown that it is primarily the poor that buy Lottery Tickets, which simply takes money from those most vulnerable and gives (back, in most cases) to the state.   
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 07:21:32 PM »
Make donations to republican not democrat presidential candidates.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 09:37:47 PM »
I want to send a pic of a rifle and a few cases of ammo, but that might get me on  a few more lists.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 10:07:24 PM »
I want to send a pic of a rifle and a few cases of ammo, but that might get me on  a few more lists.

This.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 12:16:42 AM »
Sent him a short note saying that I'd appreciate having the $2k in my pocket rather than the fed.gov having it to spend and/or give away to/on worthless projects etc.