Author Topic: More anti-business environmentalism (from the Administration)  (Read 1952 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
More anti-business environmentalism (from the Administration)
« on: November 30, 2012, 11:27:46 AM »
http://oysterzone.wordpress.com/

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Feds-boot-Drakes-Bay-Oyster-Co-from-Pt-Reyes-4077624.php

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Scientists-side-with-Drakes-Bay-oyster-farmer-3242873.php

Also, the dangers of trusting the government. They may have been worthy of trust 40 years ago, but governments change, and can do so swiftly...

Add in a good dose of fraud, too.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

brimic

• friends
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

longeyes

• friend
Re: More anti-business environmentalism (from the Administration)
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 11:52:17 AM »
Are our policies based on acid flashes?

More:

http://theulstermanreport.com/2012/11/30/5424/
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:59:00 AM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 12:00:22 PM »
If Caligula were alive today, he'd be wearing a suit and work for the EPA.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 12:02:08 PM »
If Caligula were alive today, he'd be wearing a suit and work for the EPA in the Oval Office.

FIFY
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 12:09:14 PM »
Rousseau must be turning in his grave at all this "Romanticism" run amok.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 02:17:11 PM »
I've been seeing a lot about this. What kills is the fed.gov wants to reduce fishing pressure, with aquaculture being one of their main "tools in the toolbox" for reducing pressure on wild fish. Yet they shut down what is said to be the oldest aquaculture operation on the CA coast. Then in the meantime the state is shutting down vast tracts of mainland ocean as Marine Protected Areas, which makes them off limits for both fishing and aquaculture. I guess they want us to eat a lot of foreign fish.

One of the big problems I have seen in my peripheral exposure to the whole marine life protection shebang is that decisions are being made by "managers" and "administrators" who have degrees in environmental management (read that as enviros who got themselves .gov gigs to push "the agenda") versus actual scientists out in the field collecting data.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 02:43:36 PM »
I've been seeing a lot about this. What kills is the fed.gov wants to reduce fishing pressure, with aquaculture being one of their main "tools in the toolbox" for reducing pressure on wild fish. Yet they shut down what is said to be the oldest aquaculture operation on the CA coast. Then in the meantime the state is shutting down vast tracts of mainland ocean as Marine Protected Areas, which makes them off limits for both fishing and aquaculture. I guess they want us to eat a lot of foreign fish.

One of the big problems I have seen in my peripheral exposure to the whole marine life protection shebang is that decisions are being made by "managers" and "administrators" who have degrees in environmental management (read that as enviros who got themselves .gov gigs to push "the agenda") versus actual scientists out in the field collecting data.

Killing land based industry isn't enough to satisfy their appetite, they have to strangle the commercial fishing industry, too.

I wonder how much longer my family will be able to shrimp...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 09:42:24 AM »
42. [popcorn]

might be min, hours, days, years, or decades though. :angel:

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
Don't feel too bad about the oyster farm owners.  They're har core libs that donated to their Rep's reelection fund.  Might have donated to Obama's too, but not aure.

They're reaping what they've sown.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 10:37:53 AM »
I feel sorry for the oysters.  They deserve better humans.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 10:38:45 AM »
42. [popcorn]

might be min, hours, days, years, or decades though. :angel:

Ways to cook the shrimp  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 11:20:48 AM »
Don't feel too bad about the oyster farm owners.  They're har core libs that donated to their Rep's reelection fund.  Might have donated to Obama's too, but not aure.

They're reaping what they've sown.

Interesting. I hadn't heard that. From what I've seen, you Washingtonians are getting hit with the same kinds of "coastal policy" pushes from both your state and the feds. Oregon might end up being the last part of the West Coast where people can actually fish.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 01:58:43 PM »
Interesting. I hadn't heard that. From what I've seen, you Washingtonians are getting hit with the same kinds of "coastal policy" pushes from both your state and the feds. Oregon might end up being the last part of the West Coast where people can actually fish.

Yep, the MPA crap is coming up here too.  From what I've seen OR has it worse than WA for now.  It's a constant battle.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 11:58:56 AM »
Oregon might end up being the last part of the West Coast where people can actually fish.

Oregon loves to emulate California.  It won't take long for the same thing to happen here.  It already has to a large extent.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 01:42:42 PM »
Killing land based industry isn't enough to satisfy their appetite, they have to strangle the commercial fishing industry, too.

I wonder how much longer my family will be able to shrimp...

NMFS is desperate to strangle recreational fishing as well.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 05:56:51 PM »
Are our policies based on acid flashes?

More:

http://theulstermanreport.com/2012/11/30/5424/

How the [bleep] can something that has been actively worked for 100 years be "returned" to "wilderness"?

As a Jeeper and off-roader, we went through this same nonsense (and lost) years ago when the Clinton administration decided to declare huge tracts of Federal land "wilderness." Of course, it wasn't wilderness. There were roads on and through most of it, and infrastructure such as drainage improvements. No problem for the feral .gov, though -- they just erased the little lines designating "road" from their maps. PRESTO! Instant "wilderness."

Of course, this overlooks the minor problem that, since what used to be roads are now not roads, they won't be maintained and the drainage system won't be maintained, which means the roads (mostly gravel) will wash out and cause significant environmental damage that would have been avoided if they had left the roads as "roads" and allowed Jeepers to use (and maintain) them.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:49:37 PM by scout26 »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 06:24:37 PM »
Heck, back during the Reagan administration a big chunk of land with active mining claims within it was designated as wilderness in Colorado  :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

birdman

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 07:05:13 PM »
Suspended until the demonstrate "responsibility".  Nice that law can be twisted to result in such flexible and nebulous requirements, especially acquisition CFR's.  Amazing the hoops contractors have to jump through to be legal when the other side can change the rules at a whim.