Author Topic: Bradley Manning whines about being kept in a "cage."  (Read 3778 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Bradley Manning whines about being kept in a "cage."
« on: December 01, 2012, 02:21:26 AM »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/i-thought-i-was-going-to-die-in-that-cage-says-bradley-manning-8369357.html

;/  Yeah, we keep traitors in cages now, instead of immediately shooting them. Sorry if you'd prefer the old-fashioned way, Brad.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Bradley Manning whines about being kept in a "cage."
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 05:03:57 AM »
Butt ....  But....  But ....

What did he expect - to be treated like some sort of hero?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 02:35:45 PM »
While I don't doubt the guy probably deserves a noose for treason something about the whole deal doesn't pass the smell test for me.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 03:35:47 PM »
I guess being am NFL quarterback isn't all it's cracked up to be.
I promise not to duck.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 07:39:58 PM »
Truth be known the little ---- ------ is lucky he is in solitary.  If he was put in general pop he would probably already be dead or worse.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 07:48:59 PM »
Truth be known the little ---- ------ is lucky he is in solitary.  If he was put in general pop he would probably already be dead or worse.

yup
he wouldn't make it in gen pop unless it was a country club white collar joint.  maybe a work release camp. even there he'd need a food taster
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 08:28:00 PM »

yup
he wouldn't make it in gen pop unless it was a country club white collar joint.  maybe a work release camp. even there he'd need a food taster

They were both poisoned.  I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocain powder.
Formerly sumpnz

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 09:59:44 PM »
They were both poisoned.  I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocain powder.

Ahaha, hah, hahaha, aha--

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 10:32:00 PM »
I guess being am NFL quarterback isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I'm thinking you're talking about the wrong Manning?  =D
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 10:43:30 PM »
He's a big hero according to a cross dressing Trotskyist I know.
A cause célèbre for a lot of the lefty/radlib fringe.

I like using him to goad my somewhat informed liberal friends, they always feel guilty about him and Anwar Alwacki  ;/.

I get to point it out to them "see, see, your side is a bad as Bush!1!1"

When in reality I don't care... :angel:
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 11:34:25 PM »
While I don't doubt the guy probably deserves a noose for treason something about the whole deal doesn't pass the smell test for me.

Personally, I think his whole court martial needs to go something like this:

Court: Mr. Manning, did you release classified information to Wikileaks and/or Julian Assange?

Scumbag:  Yes.

Court:  The Court finds you guilty of treason.  You are sentenced to hang by the neck until dead.  Sentence to be carried out forthwith.  May God have mercy on your soul.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 09:22:06 AM »
Personally, I think his whole court martial needs to go something like this:

Court: Mr. Manning, did you release classified information to Wikileaks and/or Julian Assange?

Scumbag:  Yes.

Court:  The Court finds you guilty of treason.  You are sentenced to hang by the neck until dead.  Sentence to be carried out forthwith.  May God have mercy on your soul.

"I'm strangely comfortable with it."
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 01:29:13 PM »
I'm thinking you're talking about the wrong Manning?  =D

=D
I promise not to duck.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 03:26:10 PM »
He's a big hero according to a cross dressing Trotskyist I know.
A cause célèbre for a lot of the lefty/radlib fringe.

I like using him to goad my somewhat informed liberal friends, they always feel guilty about him and Anwar Alwacki  ;/.

I get to point it out to them "see, see, your side is a bad as Bush!1!1"

When in reality I don't care... :angel:

Section 9, Article One, US Constitution.
"No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, nor any law impairing the obligation of contracts, shall ever be passed, and no conviction shall work corruption of blood or forfeiture of estate."

Anyone involved in government sponsored executive of US citizens, especially minors with no known or even suspected terrorist activities, should be sentenced in a court. We can and should firmly retaliate when any other foreign country does this. We should not allow it by our current administration. The Obama Administration's position was that corruption of blood (executive bill of attainder) was sufficient burden of proof to execute any US citizen, Abdulrahman al-Aulaqi in specific, without due process.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 09:28:25 PM »
Section 9, Article One, US Constitution.
"No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, nor any law impairing the obligation of contracts, shall ever be passed, and no conviction shall work corruption of blood or forfeiture of estate."

Anyone involved in government sponsored executive of US citizens, especially minors with no known or even suspected terrorist activities, should be sentenced in a court. We can and should firmly retaliate when any other foreign country does this. We should not allow it by our current administration. The Obama Administration's position was that corruption of blood (executive bill of attainder) was sufficient burden of proof to execute any US citizen, Abdulrahman al-Aulaqi in specific, without due process.

That is a very good take on what happened to Awlaki - although it's not a popular one here. 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 08:16:51 AM »
That is a very good take on what happened to Awlaki - although it's not a popular one here. 

Huh. I've seen the governments kill program questioned on numerous times on this board. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 02:40:43 PM »
Huh. I've seen the governments kill program questioned on numerous times on this board. 

And look at how those questions get addressed. 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 04:46:22 PM »
I haven't seen too many (meaning none) people here cheering about Obama's personal hit list.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 05:44:50 PM »
I haven't seen too many (meaning none) people here cheering about Obama's personal hit list.

It's definitely not everyone, but there is always a substantial contingent explaining why we need the kill list on those threads.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 06:10:53 PM »

Saw plenty of them during the Bush years. Nice thing about a Democrat in the White House, Republicans tend to pretend to be Republicans.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 02:18:09 PM »
Just remember, THIS is what Bradley Manning released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=is9sxRfU-ik

Two journalists and a dozen individuals walking on the street, including a child.  Empty accusations about RPG's and AK's that aren't true if you watch the video.

Real classy behavior at 8:30.  Definitely worth protecting. :'(

ETA:  The only difference between Bradley Manning doing this to the Army in time of war, and one of us doing this to the FBI/DHS/BigCityPD, is unstoppable policy creep as the police state continues to grow.  Another 10-20 years and acts like this will be acceptable in the US.

It's interesting how many people haven't seen the material in question.  Please watch.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:25:47 PM by AZRedhawk44 »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 02:34:48 PM »
Just remember, THIS is what Bradley Manning released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=is9sxRfU-ik

Two journalists and a dozen individuals walking on the street, including a child.  Empty accusations about RPG's and AK's that aren't true if you watch the video.

Real classy behavior at 8:30.  Definitely worth protecting. :'(

ETA:  The only difference between Bradley Manning doing this to the Army in time of war, and one of us doing this to the FBI/DHS/BigCityPD, is unstoppable policy creep as the police state continues to grow.  Another 10-20 years and acts like this will be acceptable in the US.

It's interesting how many people haven't seen the material in question.  Please watch.

I recall when that video came out and your propositions were unsupported.  I have no problems with shooting the hell out of insurgents and those who are so foolish as to associate with them.

I am not so OK with killing American citizens willy-nilly.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 02:36:44 PM »
http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/wikileaks_accidentally_publishes_informants_names_20110829/

That was accidental.

The vast majority of what was leaked in previous releases had redacted names.

Manning wasn't the redactor... it was people in the Wikileaks organization doing the redacting.  It was a failure of teamwork on the parts of the leakers.  

Manning screwed up, yes.  I suggest tempering your disgust at the man in context of the information he was trying to get out.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 02:37:48 PM »
I recall when that video came out and your propositions were unsupported.  I have no problems with shooting the hell out of insurgents and those who are so foolish as to associate with them.

I am not so OK with killing American citizens willy-nilly.

Two journalists and a little girl, and the US government tried to cover it up and gloss it over. =|
--Lysander Spooner