Author Topic: California city attorney tells residents to load their guns (police downsizing)  (Read 1147 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Hell, we had a case two summers ago where a guy broke into the home of an elderly woman in the middle of the night and she shot him. The district attorney told reporters that if someone is in your home, you can shoot him. Nobody lifted an eyebrow.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Sacramento said basically the same thing when they had to drastically cut their police force. Additionally the entire county went to "shall issue" (though it's reported that there is at least a 6 month wait to get your permit interview because of the amount of applications). Maybe if the entire state goes bankrupt we'll finally get "shall issue" in CA. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Smaller government for the win!  :cool:

Ya think Callyfurrinya will ever ketch up with Montana  ???   =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

longeyes

• friend
A Mossberg in every pot.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Do they even still have guns to load?    >:D *ducks*

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
kgbsquirrel, in talking to gun store owners in CA, I've been told that gun sales are through the roof, as people are really afraid of what's coming. (As if what's going on now with crime isn't bad enough).

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I wouldn't hesitate to estimate that due to population, CA has more guns than any other state except maybe Texas. We can't get all the cool guns, but those we can get, we buy like crazy. You have to figure there is a profit to be made here considering that all the big (and many small) manufacturers continue to pay the CA DOJ extortion fee to get on the "safe handgun" list.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
kgbsquirrel, in talking to gun store owners in CA, I've been told that gun sales are through the roof, as people are really afraid of what's coming. (As if what's going on now with crime isn't bad enough).

Because there's such a crowd at the door  ???

:lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MechAg94

• friend
It would be more useful if he would promise not to prosecute. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge