Author Topic: What's good for the goose is good for the gander...  (Read 7221 times)

grampster

• friend
What's good for the goose is good for the gander...
« on: December 26, 2012, 08:50:35 AM »
I noticed on a website this AM that the writer and all of the execudrones of the newspaper that published the names and addresses of concealed weapon holders in New York state had their names, addressess, photo's of their homes published in a public forum and are being disseminated around the web.

I wonder how they like a taste of their own medicine.  The public has a right to know,eh?

While I'll not call them, nor bother them in any way, I hope those who do are polite and don't threaten them in any way.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: What's good for the goose is good for the gander...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 08:52:51 AM »
I hope someone takes a dump on their lawn

Being polite gets us nothing

Maybe antis need to fear us
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 09:01:34 AM »
need home phone numbers. when it happened here they said call him tell him how you feel don't worry they stay up late. they change policy immediately
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Lee

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 09:13:47 AM »
I think something similar happened in Northern Ohio some time back.  No other paper copied them.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 10:18:40 AM »
I noticed on a website this AM that the writer and all of the execudrones of the newspaper that published the names and addresses of concealed weapon holders in New York state had their names, addressess, photo's of their homes published in a public forum and are being disseminated around the web.

I shared that on FB.  I also posted a link to a page that shows Gannett locations by state ( http://www.gannett.com/section/WHOWEARE06 ).  We have a newspaper in Reno, and a USA Today printing location in Vegas.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 10:29:36 AM »
Seems like each side is making a list, and checking it twice.

Everybody appears to have someone they want to push up "against the Wall."
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 10:55:40 AM »
Fox just aired a bit of a debate on that.  The anchor lives there, and while not saying for sure whether he owns a gun took a postition of "suppose I owned a gun and was listed on this map".  He seemed quite sympathetic to the gun owner side of the debate.  Segment was a bit too short but was refreshing.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 12:22:04 PM »
So here are the addresses and phone number of NY Journal "columnist" (one who propagates journalistic abuse) Dwight R. Worley who published all of the HOME ADDRESSES of Law Abiding Conceal Carry Gun Owners of the entire state of NY as well as the rest of the Marxist swine at The Journal:

Dwight R Worley
23006 139 Ave
Springfield Gardens, NY 11413

But you might want to call him first to let him know you’ll be dropping in: (718) 527-0832

and here are the rest of the red diaper doper babies at
The Journal:

Journal News President:
---Janet Hasson, 3 Gate House Lane Mamaroneck, NY 10534 (914) 694.5204

Editors:
---Cyndee Royle, 1133 Westchester Ave., Suite N110, White Plains, NY 10604, 914-694-9300
--Nancy Cutler 9 Woodwind Ln, Spring Valley, NY. (845) 354 3485

Parent company of The Journal News Gannett
-----CEO Gracia C Martore 728 Springvale Rd Great Falls, VA 22066 (703) 759 5954

The reporter on the story is:
--Dwight R Worley 23006 139 Ave Springfield Gardens, NY 11413 (718) 527 0832

Plz hit the share button on this. Don't let it get buried! Save a copy for when they re-set the comments.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 02:46:09 PM »
Spreading via FB.  I posted it and it's been reposted 4 times so far.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 04:44:03 PM »
The irony, it is delicious...

And it's not like it's the first time something like this has happened, either. Why they continue to publish permittee info and then be astonished and outraged that their own info gets plastered far and wide on the Web is a mystery to me.

Well, no, I guess it's not a mystery. It's because they're freaking Morons With A Cause, and they're POSITIVE that nothing bad could EVER come of their actions - and if it does, well hey, it's only GUN OWNERS, anyways. Not like a real CIVILIZED human being would be hurt... :mad:

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 05:42:34 PM »
It's happened three here in Virginia - twice with Roanoke Times newspaper and once with Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star.  The response was calling all the advertisers in the paper and asking them if they were OK with their money being used to divulge the home addresses of folks with protective orders, or who were hiding from abusive spouses (one spouse, two or more spice?).  Advertisers were told their responses would be published.  (OK, a little underhanded - they were not told until they gave a response.)

Papers got deluged by calls from advertisers pulling copy.

Then it all happened again with the Roanoke Times about two years later.  Guess the paper thought we all had short memories.

Got the law changed so that papers (any anybody else) cannot get the info via FOIA to the State Police.  Still working on passing a bill to make the source documents FOIA exempt at the Circuit Court.

What got the bill passed to make the info FOIA-excempt from the State Police was, more than anything, home survellience video of a parolee trying to get into his PO's home when he had left for work.  Video was good, but the audio of his cussing the PO's wife and telling her what he was going to do when he got inside was what clinched the deal.  (Of course, the strange thing was the parolee kept it up in spite of seeing the wife holding a pistol aimed at the door!  Some folks get tunnel vision, I guess.)

(For those that are curious - solid steel doors on solid steel frames, with shatter-resistant/bullet resistant glass in all windows.  Everybody used to call the PO paranoid - not so much after that.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 09:39:17 PM »
Legal question moment.

Could the CCW permit fee be construed as a tax of sorts?

I ask because the NFA transfer paperwork is considered Privacy Act information as a tax document. Couldn't CCW permit paperwork also be covered by such?

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 11:43:54 PM »
One thing the paper’s staff didn’t anticipate, however, was
an enterprising blogger and CCW holder who didn’t much like what the paper had
done to his privacy and decided to give them a taste of their own medicine. He
published their names, addresses, phone numbers, Google earth shots of their
homes, links to their Facebook pages, and photos of their vehicles on his blog,
which was then picked up by InstaPundit and eventually linked to by the Drudge
Report and its 50 million daily readers.

Of course the newspaper staff had the mother of all
hypocritical meltdowns and is now shrieking to anyone who will listen about how
they’ve been receiving harassing and threatening emails and phone calls as a
result of this gross invasion of their privacy.

Apparently when you’re a liberal anti-gun newspaper publisher, your privacy is
inviolate but everyone else’s is fodder for your political agenda. Sauce for
the goose indeed.

:rofl:

erictank

• friends
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2012, 01:27:24 AM »
One thing the paper’s staff didn’t anticipate, however, was
an enterprising blogger and CCW holder who didn’t much like what the paper had
done to his privacy and decided to give them a taste of their own medicine. He
published their names, addresses, phone numbers, Google earth shots of their
homes, links to their Facebook pages, and photos of their vehicles on his blog,
which was then picked up by InstaPundit and eventually linked to by the Drudge
Report and its 50 million daily readers.

Of course the newspaper staff had the mother of all
hypocritical meltdowns and is now shrieking to anyone who will listen about how
they’ve been receiving harassing and threatening emails and phone calls as a
result of this gross invasion of their privacy.

Apparently when you’re a liberal anti-gun newspaper publisher, your privacy is
inviolate but everyone else’s is fodder for your political agenda. Sauce for
the goose indeed.

:rofl:

Cry. Me. A freaking. RIVER.  :rofl:

They abused their position to violate others' privacy; they have no moral right to complain when others use what THEY did to do the same thing to them. If they can't learn from the mistakes of others who've done exactly the same thing, perhaps they can learn from the consequences of making that mistake themselves.

I know, it doesn't seem likely, but it's the Christmas season, a time of miracles! :angel:

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2012, 05:27:43 AM »
occasions like this is when I miss having a phone.

I've called the Roanoke advertisers and tricked them into giving me personal info, and tracked down the home numbers of newspapers folks and their advertisers and asked in my cartoonish NY tough guy accent why are they trying to kill me, and how I need "to pay them a visit" 

One time, a smaller Oregon paper announced it was going to do the same thing and I called, a young college grad at her first job as a for real journalist answered ... I said ( real friendly ) " Hi my name is Carlos De Jaqual, whom am I speaking to?" ( get it? Carlos the Jackal? :P) she gave me her name and then I got down to biz asking her why its ok to release this info and she kept citing free speech, how its important, people have the right.
So I told her I will call right back, I googled her name,  found her grad pictures, her sisters names  and a bunch of other stuff and I called her back and told her all this personal info I found in just a few minutes and I was going to find out as much as I could about her, her family etc and publish it on web forums where gun owners could use the info as they see fit.
She got real upset and asked why am I doing this to her ... so I repeated her argument to her verbatim, free speech, the people need to know , yadda yadda yadda. ...She was practically crying when I finally hung up, she was clearly very worried. The next day the paper announced it had not anticipated how controversial it could get and said it would not publish.

These people are trying to kill us, not all criminals are stupid, criminals will use this info as a list to go "shopping" and not care who they kill. They need to suffer, their advertisers need to suffer.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 07:29:13 AM »
Fark picked it up....

Front page of fark links to this:

http://techcrunch.com/2012/12/26/journalists-addresses-posted-google-maps-gun/
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

HankB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 07:55:07 AM »
I was watching The O'Reilly Factor on Fox last night (guest host Laura Ingram) which addressed the "outing" of permit holders by the newspaper. Laura had a couple of lawyer guests on and asked the question "What can be done about this?"

Here's a link to a video:  http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly/index.html#/v/2057774534001/newspaper-sparks-outrage-over-gun-owner-map/?playlist_id=86923

They all condemned the paper, but in response to the question, it would seem that NOT ONE of them knew of the grass-roots effort to "out" private information about newspaper staff.

News network . . . story coverage . . . host and two "experts" . . . and NO knowledge about the response. This isn't the first time the Internet is way ahead of the curve in disseminating news, and it won't be the last; no wonder TV news is dropping in viewership. (And for those who say the Internet is full of inaccurate b.s. - which it is!- well, has anyone watched TV news lately?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 11:22:04 AM »
Legal question moment.

Could the CCW permit fee be construed as a tax of sorts?

I ask because the NFA transfer paperwork is considered Privacy Act information as a tax document. Couldn't CCW permit paperwork also be covered by such?

Since it's a difference b/t state & fed laws, probably not. But having a state pass a law similar to the fed law would be useful.

Maybe for "Step Two", some volunteers could follow the reporters around surreptitiously and photograph them at their usual haunts.....Starbucks, grocery stores, local bars & restaurants.....and post their iteneraries on the Internet?.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 11:41:41 AM »
opps
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 11:51:46 AM by AZtoy »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 12:53:51 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 04:14:36 PM »
the school shooter stole some guns and killed people, so liberals think giving spree killers a list of places to go steal from is a good idea?

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 08:34:42 PM »
It's been picked up by yahoo.
Also they are reporting outrage by gun permit holders who were published and are victims of domestic abuse.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2012, 09:01:29 PM »
Follow up on O'Reilly tonight with Laura Ingraham. (Why yes, I am at Mom and Dad's.  Why do you ask?) 

Both of the folks (Mike Gallagher and Larry Walters) agreed that it was stupid on the newspaper's part to publish the private info of law-abiding citizens.  They thought it might be better to "threaten" to release the newspaper's info.   ;/

I say screw that, Goose meet Gander, have some sauce?  I hope your mail box overflows.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2012, 09:36:47 PM »
Follow up on O'Reilly tonight with Laura Ingraham. (Why yes, I am at Mom and Dad's.  Why do you ask?) 

Both of the folks (Mike Gallagher and Larry Walters) agreed that it was stupid on the newspaper's part to publish the private info of law-abiding citizens.  They thought it might be better to "threaten" to release the newspaper's info.   ;/

I say screw that, Goose meet Gander, have some sauce?  I hope your mail box overflows.
I saw that too. Laura commented that she wished she'd thought of the blogger's actions herself, but I very strongly disagree with Gallagher and Walters' reluctance to actually publish the newspaper folk's info - threats don't work with these people unless they're made an example of, and for FAR too long, folks on our side have behaved as "gentlemen" and have put up with getting their butts kicked. It's long past time to hit back (in a smart way, not with stupid violence) to teach our opponents that they're not unreachable.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2012, 09:57:06 PM »
I saw that too. Laura commented that she wished she'd thought of the blogger's actions herself, but I very strongly disagree with Gallagher and Walters' reluctance to actually publish the newspaper folk's info - threats don't work with these people unless they're made an example of, and for FAR too long, folks on our side have behaved as "gentlemen" and have put up with getting their butts kicked. It's long past time to hit back (in a smart way, not with stupid violence) to teach our opponents that they're not unreachable.

I concur! I'm thoroughly amused with the developments and the cry baby reaction of the elitists dooshbags of the media.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams