Author Topic: New Gun Owners Map Published  (Read 3760 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
New Gun Owners Map Published
« on: January 06, 2013, 10:26:23 AM »
It never ends. Now following the NY debacle, someone has published a map of all Texas gunowners.

http://beforeitsnews.com/tea-party/2013/01/map-of-texas-gun-owners-2471850.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: New Gun Owners Map Published
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 10:46:11 AM »
oh my     thats gonna leave a mark
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 10:54:15 AM »
I C what they did there.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 11:28:35 AM »
Yet, with all of those guns, a few hundred feds were able to stroll into the heart of Texas, set up a 50 day siege on private property over allegations of 'non-mainstream religeous activities', then proceed to burn 80-some men, women, and children to death, and walk away scott-free without a single Texan stepping up in resistance.

I hope that Texans have learned their lessons since then and have grown spines or their guns aren't going to do them any good.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 11:59:27 AM »
Yet, with all of those guns, a few hundred feds were able to stroll into the heart of Texas, set up a 50 day siege on private property over allegations of 'non-mainstream religeous activities', then proceed to burn 80-some men, women, and children to death, and walk away scott-free without a single Texan stepping up in resistance.

I hope that Texans have learned their lessons since then and have grown spines or their guns aren't going to do them any good.

Dude... It's entirely legal, possibly beneficial, to set aside the bitterness and have a laugh every now and then.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 12:11:37 PM »

Dude... It's entirely legal, possibly beneficial, to set aside the bitterness and have a laugh every now and then.

Brad

Thanks, I was just about going to make a similar comment.

brimic:

OTOH, perhaps it is kinda like airliner hijackings pre- and post- 9-11.  Who would have thought the hijackers would deliberately down the plane?  Who would have thought fed.gov would deliberately burn them out(1)?  With kids inside.

Nowadays, we know better.

(1) Anyone with experience with CS or from the midwest (dust-caused grain elevator exposions) knows that particulates + spark/flame + confined space = explosion + fire.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 12:28:00 PM »

Untwist your tightie whities. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 12:33:52 PM »
Quote from: roo_ster
OTOH, perhaps it is kinda like airliner hijackings pre- and post- 9-11.  Who would have thought the hijackers would deliberately down the plane?  Who would have thought fed.gov would deliberately burn them out(1)?  With kids inside.

Nowadays, we know better.

This, but also - you simply wouldn't expect people to go all Lexington and Concord on behalf of a small, unsympathetic, fringe, sex-offender cult. If it had been the friendly, neighborhood Baptist church, or the VFW, maybe, but folks aren't going to put their lives on the line for people they presumably don't know or care for.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 12:35:58 PM »
(1) Anyone with experience with CS or from the midwest (dust-caused grain elevator exposions) knows that particulates + spark/flame + confined space = explosion + fire.

QFT

Forty or so years ago, when I was married to my first wife, we lived near a small town in which was located a small-ish company called American Powdered Metals. The male half of a couple we became friendly with had lived in the area all his life, and he cheerfully told us that APM changed their address abut every three to five years because their building kept blowing up.

Something about grinding magnesium down into fine particulate form ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 12:52:50 PM »

Well aren't just one big *expletive deleted*ing ray of sunshine today?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 01:12:25 PM »
Brimic, i won't whizz in your cheerios like everyone else seems to want to do.

Texas - big hats, big talk... big Statists that do what Uncle says.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 01:31:12 PM »
Talk is cheap, let us know when you actually do something more overt than hiding your money and living semi-off-grid.

Chris

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 02:31:31 PM »
> you simply wouldn't expect people to go all Lexington and Concord on behalf of a small, unsympathetic, fringe, sex-offender cult.<

QFT
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 04:51:05 PM »
And here I thought I was posting something lighthearted. :P

Is it National Debbie Downers Day and I missed it?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 05:46:56 PM »
And here I thought I was posting something lighthearted. :P

There you go thinking again. We've warned you about that.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 06:48:45 PM »
Is it National Debbie Downers Day and I missed it?

Debbie Downer does Dallas.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 07:15:54 PM »
Debbie Downer does Dallas.

That's the spirit!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 07:19:15 PM »
Talk is cheap, let us know when you actually do something more overt than hiding your money and living semi-off-grid.

Chris

Sure, i will get right on narrating my rebellion with self written confessions, and post video of my activities on youtube.  With complementary google location tracking, too. ;/
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 07:26:25 PM »
That's a mighty large hat you have there.

Chris

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 07:29:59 PM »
Sure, i will get right on narrating my rebellion with self written confessions, and post video of my activities on youtube.  With complementary google location tracking, too. ;/
Sweet. Where do I sign up for the foilman newsletter?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 08:40:31 PM »
Azred baiting aside, there is a pretty large disconnect between the national perception of Texas (and their PR efforts) and the legal realities of fireamrs ownership there. Less so since they got concelaed carry.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 09:04:09 PM »
Bart Simpson laugh- HA HA
Love it.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 09:10:30 PM »
Similar map for Oklahoma, too!

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2013, 09:10:45 PM »
Bart Simpson laugh- HA HA
Love it.

Fail. That's Nelson.

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2013, 09:46:58 PM »
Azred baiting aside, there is a pretty large disconnect between the national perception of Texas (and their PR efforts) and the legal realities of fireamrs ownership there. Less so since they got concelaed carry.

Bring up open carry on the TXCHLForums website and you get a sense of that right there.

Don't forget, the Luby's massacre was in Texas at a time that it was a felony to conceal carry.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”