Author Topic: Syria's little lion  (Read 1527 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Syria's little lion
« on: January 11, 2013, 12:15:07 AM »
An eleven-year-old boy is fighting alongside the Syrian rebels:

http://www.vice.com/read/the-little-lion--syrias-11-year-old-killing-machine?utm_source=vicefbus

Re the photo: I didn't know Tapco delivered to Syria.

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Syria's little lion
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 07:59:51 AM »
I guess that means Syrian soldiers are killing children.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 08:29:48 AM »
All the more reason to stay the hell out of it
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 08:56:30 AM »
So the Syrian opposition is using child soldiers? Nice guys who are trying to replace the current despot . . .

I thought every "human rights" organization from the ACLU to the UN universally condemned this?

Or is there an exception to the outrage if the side using children to fight their war is Arab/Moslem?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 10:23:15 AM »

Agreed.

So the Syrian opposition is using child soldiers? Nice guys who are trying to replace the current despot . . .

I thought every "human rights" organization from the ACLU to the UN universally condemned this?

Or is there an exception to the outrage if the side using children to fight their war is Arab/Moslem?

But I'm not going to condemn the syrians for it.  Sounds like the kid is a modern equivalent of a squire.  Not allowed to fight, more of a camp follower, but allowed to learn the trade of soldiering with the rebels.

We have our own 14 year olds from our own Revolutionary War.

http://boston1775.blogspot.com/2006/05/edward-barber-teenaged-casualty-of-war.html

Not quite the same, but a sufficiently exhaustive search could no doubt find some kid 10 to 15 years old to have actively pulled the trigger against redcoats on Battle Road. 
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 07:30:00 PM »

Meh. There's always child soldiers in insurgencies - as well as geriatric soldiers, and female soldiers, maybe even a few transsexual soldiers. Insurgencies need everybody they can find.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 07:37:26 PM »
It is interesting that he's using an AK modified in that manner. Not something I expected to see.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 08:12:13 PM »
It is interesting that he's using an AK modified in that manner. Not something I expected to see.

He probably plays Call of Duty.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 08:20:33 PM »
Over the top of his faded yellow jacket a Free Syrian Army vest holds three extra clips, each full with live ammunition
but their participation in armed hostilities places them in grave danger of being killed, permanently disabled, or severely traumatized.”

:facepalm:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 11:16:48 PM »

Amen

“Neo-cons stink of necrosis and flee from the thought of peace like a Victorian spinster from a penis.”
----Taki Theodoracopulos

Neo-con properly defined as the forever-war party.  Too many people have learned nothing from history and the last 12 years of the present.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 11:36:37 PM »
Agreed.

But I'm not going to condemn the syrians for it.  Sounds like the kid is a modern equivalent of a squire.  Not allowed to fight, more of a camp follower, but allowed to learn the trade of soldiering with the rebels.

We have our own 14 year olds from our own Revolutionary War.

http://boston1775.blogspot.com/2006/05/edward-barber-teenaged-casualty-of-war.html

Not quite the same, but a sufficiently exhaustive search could no doubt find some kid 10 to 15 years old to have actively pulled the trigger against redcoats on Battle Road. 

This. Not going to say one way or another, but I am simply thankful that we've developed far enough that our youth no longer have need to participate as belligerents in war.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 04:15:20 AM »
Those are some nice Americanized mods on that AK. I wonder where he got it? Eric Holder expanding his foreign customer base perhaps?
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 05:25:20 PM »
Those are some nice Americanized mods on that AK. I wonder where he got it? Eric Holder expanding his foreign customer base perhaps?
Could be Israel. The foregrip looks like one Mako is selling.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 05:17:21 AM »
Granted these kids lied about their age, but ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvin_Graham - Enlisted in the US Navy at the age of 12, awarded Bronze Star, wounded at Guadalcanal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacklyn_H._Lucas - Enlisted in the US Marines at the age of 14, awarded Medal of Honor, jumped on a Grenade at Iwo Jima.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 09:25:35 PM »
Could be Israel. The foregrip looks like one Mako is selling.

Yeah, could be, but I'm having a hard time understanding why Israel would arm what amounts to the Muslim Bro'hood unless they have an end game in mind that no one can possibly anticipate.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 09:32:59 PM »
Yeah, could be, but I'm having a hard time understanding why Israel would arm what amounts to the Muslim Bro'hood unless they have an end game in mind that no one can possibly anticipate.
The parts look Israeli. Could be aftermarket gear purchased by a Syrian mall ninja, the AK may have local provenance. Could also be Chinese knockoffs/airsofter-grade gear.