Author Topic: Any Guesses on the 19 Executive Actions? What we should be most worried about?  (Read 18447 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
I wonder if he backed off on import restrictions because doing so might have started a trade war.   ???   

Aside from Russia, we're not importing THAT much. But, it might cause an WIPO law suit. Unlikely, but never know.

Imports aren't that much.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
The other shoe (other, other shoe?) will be the new AWB bill that will soon be introduced. I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to pull of a fast action passage like what just happened in NY.
This fight is just beginning.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Aside from Russia, we're not importing THAT much. But, it might cause an WIPO law suit. Unlikely, but never know.

Aren't Glocks imported?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

birdman

• friend
Aren't Glocks imported?

I heard a rumor of this as well, unless Austria is one of the 57 states.

Waitone

• friend
The political blog Ulstermann reports from one of his Insiders Obama was headed for full on executive order implementation with confiscation in play.  The speech was written but someone on the democrat side of the isle got to him explaining the absence of congressional support and the real threat of the NRA "going to war".  Anyhow, Obama was handed another speech and what he delivered today was that speech.

I'm not sure I believe all of it.  I do believe Our President was ready to over-reach.  Was there a palace coup that shut down a potentially bad gun defeat for him?  Don't know.  What I do know is he will be  back in some form or fashion in a more virulent form.

http://theulstermanreport.com/2013/01/16/republican-insider-obama-livid-over-gun-rights-backlash/
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

red headed stranger

• friend

It was Russia that I was specifically thinking about. Particularly because of the various pissing matches we have been having with them lately over various issues.  

Aren't Glocks imported?

They have moved a lot of production and assembly to Georgia.  
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Aren't Glocks imported?

Unfortunately.

I kid, I kid. Imports are nice, and I like the extra selection.  Just saying it is not huge cash.  Couple billion, tis probably it.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Glocks may be made in Austria, Smyrna Georgia, or a combination of both places.  (Frame in Georgia, slide in Austria)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
The political blog Ulstermann reports from one of his Insiders Obama was headed for full on executive order implementation with confiscation in play.  The speech was written but someone on the democrat side of the isle got to him explaining the absence of congressional support and the real threat of the NRA "going to war".  Anyhow, Obama was handed another speech and what he delivered today was that speech.

I'm not sure I believe all of it.  I do believe Our President was ready to over-reach.  Was there a palace coup that shut down a potentially bad gun defeat for him?  Don't know.  What I do know is he will be  back in some form or fashion in a more virulent form.

http://theulstermanreport.com/2013/01/16/republican-insider-obama-livid-over-gun-rights-backlash/

If it's even 5% true, I'm happy. It means to me "Yes, they really are that out of touch/stupid."

Being that tone-deaf goes way beyond the normal Beltway/Northeast/Left-coast "bubble".
I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
So were these EOs the thing Biden was supposedly in charge of, or is he supposed to be working on legislation?

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
13. "Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime."
TSA VIPR team stop and rob on the interstate. Find a gun, subject you to a TS SCI level "background check" AKA prove yourself innocent at great expense. Prosecute for any trifling violation of how the gun was transported. Look, right now I have a bag of loaded AK mags in the car but no AK, leftovers from the range. I have a Glock with 3 very large mags and an AR-15 with mags and a live in the cold bag. Why? Because I can. Now if stopped I would obviously be on my way to a mass shooting right?

Semi-unrelated, I once drove through a roadblock on a night that the DC sniper shot someone. In a large white truck. With a loaded AR under the seat. I have no doubt they would probably still be trying to pin that on me had they searched the truck. They were still in the lone, crazy white male phase of the investigation then.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Look at what Jocasse just endured. If he hasn't been able to hire decent tile crawler they would have been all to happy to bend him over knowing full well he wasn't guilty of anything. Add in federal oversight and he'd probably be at Gitmo by now.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

mtnbkr

• friend
TSA VIPR team stop and rob on the interstate. Find a gun, subject you to a TS SCI level "background check" AKA prove yourself innocent at great expense. Prosecute for any trifling violation of how the gun was transported. Look, right now I have a bag of loaded AK mags in the car but no AK, leftovers from the range. I have a Glock with 3 very large mags and an AR-15 with mags and a live in the cold bag. Why? Because I can. Now if stopped I would obviously be on my way to a mass shooting right?

Semi-unrelated, I once drove through a roadblock on a night that the DC sniper shot someone. In a large white truck. With a loaded AR under the seat. I have no doubt they would probably still be trying to pin that on me had they searched the truck. They were still in the lone, crazy white male phase of the investigation then.

That was the only EO that bothered me.  By "gun crime", do they mean someone using a gun in a "real" crime or do they mean things like Jocasse's incident?  I'm ok with the former.  If you commit a violent crime with a gun, tack a few years on top of the sentence.  If it's the latter, well, I live near DC.  There is a real threat of making a wrong turn in the border areas and ending up in DC. so the idea of being a "gun criminal" for doing something like entering DC with a box of ammo in your truck is worrisome. 

Chris

T.O.M.

• friend
Are you all suggesting full DUI type chechpoints to search vehicles fr firearms at random?  That would be a blessing for our side.  First time the feds caused a traffic jam that big, everyone would be screaming at them, not just the RKBA crowd.  And please let them do it somewhere near a big tourist xestination so every car is packed with luggage.   [popcorn]
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
Are you all suggesting full DUI type chechpoints to search vehicles fr firearms at random?  That would be a blessing for our side.  First time the feds caused a traffic jam that big, everyone would be screaming at them, not just the RKBA crowd.  And please let them do it somewhere near a big tourist xestination so every car is packed with luggage.   [popcorn]

I don't think the Feds would care, anyway.  We already put up with DUI checkpoints and the BS TSA security theater.  What makes you think the people won't put up with this?
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Don't forget what happened to everyone's favorite old codger, Vaskidmark.

IMHO, all we're seeing is a flanking maneuver.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
That was the only EO that bothered me.  By "gun crime", do they mean someone using a gun in a "real" crime or do they mean things like Jocasse's incident?  I'm ok with the former. 

I would prefer to have seen that EO read "crime (or violent crime) committed with a firearm". I agree that the term "gun crime" is ripe for abuse in the wrong hands. Words have meaning(s). See: http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=37842.0
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

T.O.M.

• friend
I don't think the Feds would care, anyway.  We already put up with DUI checkpoints and the BS TSA security theater.  What makes you think the people won't put up with this?

I think that if the Feds put up a blockade on an interstate highway and cause hours of delays for hundreds of people, they will start to care.  Nothing like causing a traffic jam to get people riled up. 

And, let's say they did put up a roadblock.  Come up to the window and ask "Got any guns in the car?"  Driver says "no."  Are they going to do random searches of the vehicles?  A good vehicle search takes a good bit of time.  Jocass's situation was a little differnt...his rifle was (properly) in plain view in the back seat.  Put a pistol in my trunk in a suitcase when I'm traveling for vacation, and it may take you half an hour to find it.  Multiply this by the number of vehicles on the interstate, and the delays it would cause...people would scream.  Look how they scream when the airports get backed up.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
I think that if the Feds put up a blockade on an interstate highway and cause hours of delays for hundreds of people, they will start to care.  Nothing like causing a traffic jam to get people riled up. 

And, let's say they did put up a roadblock.  Come up to the window and ask "Got any guns in the car?"  Driver says "no."  Are they going to do random searches of the vehicles?  A good vehicle search takes a good bit of time.  Jocass's situation was a little differnt...his rifle was (properly) in plain view in the back seat.  Put a pistol in my trunk in a suitcase when I'm traveling for vacation, and it may take you half an hour to find it.  Multiply this by the number of vehicles on the interstate, and the delays it would cause...people would scream.  Look how they scream when the airports get backed up.

And yet all that screaming still hasn't stopped TSA agents from molesting children on a daily basis, has it?

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• friend

Please explain.

I'm a little worried that gun folks will think this fight is over, and be asleep when some worse EO or worse legislation comes about, maybe weeks from now.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 01:55:33 PM by fistful »

red headed stranger

• friend

I'm a little worried that gun folks will think this fight is over, and be asleep when some worse EO or worse legislation comes about, maybe weeks from now.

I agree.  I wouldn't be surprised if there is a set of particularly egregious EOs waiting in the wings that will be enacted in response to congress being "unwilling to act to reduce gun violence."  That is when he could trot out a stricter import ban and will be using the tired old "no one needs and AK to deer humt anyway" justification. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
Vaskidmark pointed his finger at someone and got popped for brandishing or terroristic threatening or something idiotic like that.

longeyes

• friend

Without doubt.  We cannot have "progress" without the neutralization--as the Soviets used to say--of the reactionaries.  Now all we need to wait for is the amnesty and the removal of annoying conservatives on the airwaves.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• friend

Please explain.

birdman

• friend
Vaskidmark pointed his finger at someone and got popped for brandishing or terroristic threatening or something idiotic like that.

What? When?  At whom?