Author Topic: NRA Prediction Thread  (Read 20815 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: NRA Prediction Thread
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2013, 08:08:50 AM »
Of course the left is nearly apoplectic with their outrage over it. How dare the NRA bring Obama's children into the politics. Of course it's OK for Obama to use other people's kids for his political posturing,
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2013, 08:42:53 AM »
Of course the left is nearly apoplectic with their outrage over it. How dare the NRA bring Obama's children into the politics. Of course it's OK for Obama to use other people's kids for his political posturing,

I wondered the same thing.  Obama carts out a group of kids and talks about how little Suzy wrote him a letter asking him to do something and how he is going to try really hard.  I don't think anyone begrudges Obama's kids having Secret Service protection, but their school also has some 14+ armed guards.  My kids, by law, can't have any lawful armed presence in their school.  How are my kids less deserving of protection? 
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2013, 01:43:24 PM »
Your kids are not the inheritors of the Progressive Globalist vision.  Know your place.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2013, 02:19:56 PM »
Anything more than what we do now (adjudicated as a danger unable to own guns) is offensive to me, as it will likely bar me and most other combat vets from gun ownership. So since they are proposing "doing more" the exact details aren't terribly relevant. Trusting the NRA to not sell me out is kind of like NY residents trusting their GOP senators.

I find that extremely short sighted.  From what I have read, the NRA is recommending that those that need treatment be able to get it, without the fear of loss of one's civil rights.  I remember the fight over NICS Improvement Bill.  The NRA put things in there to help veterans (especially those that had been put into the NICS system by the VA, without having been adjudicated).   The NRA has been one of the staunchest allies of Veterans and their rights.

So come out against the NRA because they said we need to "do more" in regards mental health, doesn't seem like using critical thinking skills.   Had they come out and said "PTSD=No Guns"  then yes, I would agree with you 100%.   But I do know what the NRA has said in the past is that states need to do a better job of ensuring that information about those THAT HAVE BEEN ADJUDICATED be entered and shared. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2013, 02:29:12 PM »
I find that extremely short sighted.  From what I have read, the NRA is recommending that those that need treatment be able to get it, without the fear of loss of one's civil rights.  I remember the fight over NICS Improvement Bill.  The NRA put things in there to help veterans (especially those that had been put into the NICS system by the VA, without having been adjudicated).   The NRA has been one of the staunchest allies of Veterans and their rights.

So come out against the NRA because they said we need to "do more" in regards mental health, doesn't seem like using critical thinking skills.   Had they come out and said "PTSD=No Guns"  then yes, I would agree with you 100%.   But I do know what the NRA has said in the past is that states need to do a better job of ensuring that information about those THAT HAVE BEEN ADJUDICATED be entered and shared. 

I find the amount of trust you place in the organization naive. The heart of the ILA is not idealists fighting for our rights, it's a bunch of guys who make six figure salaries sucking up to poli-critters. Give 'em a big enough pay raise and they'd be doing for the VPC or Brady bunch. They've already shown their willingness to oppose efforts to fight laws in court, and to throw groups under the bus if they feel it'll further the overall agenda. I think they'd go full Zumbo if they thought they could get away with it.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2013, 03:34:54 PM »
Personally, the NRA impressed me.

I intend to sign up again, perhaps see about a life membership.  But, they have to add me to the "Do not market to" list.  Last time I was a member, I'm pretty sure they spent all my money on postage mailing me propaganda/offers.

Interestingly, I joined last summer but have received very little in the way of mailings from the NRA. The stories I had heard of people's mailboxes being inundated with flyers from the NRA hasn't happened to me, and I had made no request to be added to a "No marketing/mailing" list. I'm getting maybe 3-4 emails a week from the NRA but don't find it an inconvenience since they're easily deleted.
Andy

bscl

• friends
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2013, 04:18:58 PM »
I wondered the same thing.  Obama carts out a group of kids and talks about how little Suzy wrote him a letter asking him to do something and how he is going to try really hard.  I don't think anyone begrudges Obama's kids having Secret Service protection, but their school also has some 14+ armed guards.  My kids, by law, can't have any lawful armed presence in their school.  How are my kids less deserving of protection? 

People need to ask themselves - who is more important to me, my own children or a bunch of overpaid politicians and celebrities?  I know it won't matter to some, like the "end justifies the means" types or the radical pacifists who won't even lift a finger to protect their own children if given the opportunity.  THAT is where people should be directing their "enough is enough!" energy.  Why do my kids deserve less protection?  Let's turn class warfare back on them.
Life Member NRA, SAF

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2013, 09:45:27 PM »
As someone elsewhere has pointed out each organization has its own function and purpose.  SAF goes after crappy laws and crappy states in courts.  State org's hammer on state and local .gov's and the NRA is the 800# gorilla on Capitol Hill.   People can take about the GOA and other groups, but the ones mentioned by the press and the anti's is the NRA.

And one final thought.  When you are done bad-mouthing them, take a moment and thank them for the 2008 NICS Improvement bill.  If it hadn't been for the NRA getting that passed, I can pretty much guarantee that Obama would have the record of every vet that ever mentioned PTSD to the VA on the NICS list as of yesterday.   
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2013, 11:15:52 PM »
Wow, someone on the Internet was a snide, condescending prick because I hold legitimate concerns about a political organization. I'm gonna go become a lifetime member right now!!!!  ;/
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2013, 11:34:21 PM »
Wow, someone on the Internet was a snide, condescending prick because I hold legitimate concerns about a political organization. I'm gonna go become a lifetime member right now!!!!  ;/

Um, who?  ??? Scout hasn't been that way. I don't think I have.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2013, 09:02:47 AM »
Um.

Do what?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2013, 09:13:29 AM »
Human institutions are untrustworthy and cannot be counted on in the long run as a general rule. This includes the NRA.

Looking at their recent history I think it is safe to say that they are reflecting our point of view more than the Zumbo point of view.

When they "jump the shark" I'll break bad on them publicly. So far they have done a pretty good job at being on the right side of things.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.