Author Topic: For our CT members  (Read 3085 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
For our CT members
« on: January 21, 2013, 09:43:33 PM »
http://www.nssf.org/share/blastLinks/ActionAlerts/2013/AA012113.htm

For our CT members, you guys look to be the guinea pigs.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: For our CT members
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 09:52:52 PM »
http://www.nssf.org/share/blastLinks/ActionAlerts/2013/AA012113.htm

For our CT members, you guys look to be the guinea pigs.

I received that directly from the NSSF, and also from several other NSSF members by e-mail. Looks like the legislators in Connecticut have drunk the Kool-Aid and are really going off the deep end. Don't they have any attorneys in the Connecticut legislature? Most of this junk would never survive a constitutional challenge after Heller and McDonald.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 11:48:24 PM »
Making matters worse, Connecticut manufacturers including Colt, Mossberg, Stag Arms, Mec-Gar, OKAY Industries, Ruger and Metalform will be directly affected by this legislation. That means a loss of jobs and tax revenue to the state.

Time to vote with their feet.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 02:28:51 AM »
Time to vote with their feet.

And time for us to vote with our money.

If they don't move out of the state, if this passes, then we should stop buying their products.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 12:58:24 PM »
Reading those bills sound like the ones that already tried (and are waiting to reintroduce at the end of the month) here in Illinois. 

It ain't over by a long shot.   However, I do hope that the Chicago contingent in Springfield spend so much of their time dicking around with Anti-2A bills that they never get around to passing a CCW/LTC bill by 9 June.   
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 01:06:52 PM »
Reading those bills sound like the ones that already tried (and are waiting to reintroduce at the end of the month) here in Illinois. 

It ain't over by a long shot.   However, I do hope that the Chicago contingent in Springfield spend so much of their time dicking around with Anti-2A bills that they never get around to passing a CCW/LTC bill by 9 June.   

Sneaky, sneaky!  I like how you think.  Backdoor constitutional carry, huh?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 01:08:57 PM »
For you old timers, what was it like the last time around, back in '94?

Was there this much public resistance and vocal opposition to the AWB back then? Was it louder? Was it quieter?

So far I am very hopeful. It feels like the waves of emotion in support of gun banning are breaking against the rock of logic and steadfastness of the gun owning public.

From a history book perspective, the '94 ban passed without much public voice from our side. ABC/NBC/CBS wasn't going to air our side, CNN was in its infancy cooling off from its break out success during the Iraq war. Fox news didn't exist? Internet was not a viable voice.

Of course, I was very hopeful about a Romney win too, look how that turned out.

So again, how was it back in '94? Does this time around look and sound the same?
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 01:52:32 PM »
Sneaky, sneaky!  I like how you think.  Backdoor constitutional carry, huh?

d*** straight, skippy.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 01:56:05 PM »

Was there this much public resistance and vocal opposition to the AWB back then? Was it louder? Was it quieter?

Honestly, I do not recall.  For all the various life things going on (poverty and worse), I wasn't paying attention much.

So far I am very hopeful. It feels like the waves of emotion in support of gun banning are breaking against the rock of logic and steadfastness of the gun owning public.

A lot more people care now.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 02:25:36 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 07:16:30 PM »

From a history book perspective, the '94 ban passed without much public voice from our side. ABC/NBC/CBS wasn't going to air our side, CNN was in its infancy cooling off from its break out success during the Iraq war. Fox news didn't exist? Internet was not a viable voice.

Of course, I was very hopeful about a Romney win too, look how that turned out.

So again, how was it back in '94? Does this time around look and sound the same?

I was only 18, then, and not much of a gun person. But I think the gun issue is much more in the mainstream of the conservative movement now. And "assault weapons" are much more in the mainstream of the gun culture.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 07:28:41 PM »

I've got pretty much the same answer

Honestly, I do not recall.  For all the various life things going on (poverty and worse), I wasn't paying attention much.

We didn't have the internet giving us near instant knowledge of what was going on in DC like we do now.
We did have the NRA calling the feds Jack booted thugs about that time which served to alienate quite a few people.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 06:17:00 PM »
Look what already passed in NY. CT was the site of the Sandy Hook massacre, and has been solidly liberal for decades. My guess is that most of these screwball laws have a much better than even chance of passing this time.

The last time the CT legislature tried to pass some wacky anti-gun stuff, Colt testified that if the law passed they would move out of state. I think it is instructive that Colt recently established a small, satellite facility in Florida. Nobody knew exactly what that was all about, and nobody I know inside Colt is willing to say anything. My personal guess is that they foresaw something like this coming down the pike and decided to start putting a contingency plan in place.

Now, if we could also get S&W and Kahr/Auto-Ordnance to bail out of MA ... it would still be symbolic, because the anti-gun liberals in those states would just smile and clap their hands and say, "Good riddance."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 11:46:03 AM »
Ruger is welcome to close the New Haven plant and move the rest of its operations here to AZ.  Right to work and a solid pro-2A atmosphere out here.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!