Author Topic: No Gun Control News Today  (Read 6842 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: No Gun Control News Today
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 07:50:10 AM »
Steve: In that case, would you have some legal protection if you immediately reported the incident to the police and provided the 4473 and other relavant data to them?
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 08:07:56 AM »
Sounds like they are gonna double down and lay their gun control cards on the table today.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 08:51:39 AM »
Steve: In that case, would you have some legal protection if you immediately reported the incident to the police and provided the 4473 and other relavant data to them?

It would probably help, though it may still be an issue.  I haven't had to deal with a delay.  All of my buyers have either been approved or had a CPL, thus getting rid of the need for NICS approval.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 05:47:57 PM »
I've been at work, any news today?
Hi.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 05:54:51 PM »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/278993-report-feinstein-to-introduce-assault-weapons-ban-thursday

It's still shaky on the details.

150 models explicitly called out.  Existing hardware is grandfathered in, but will be added to a registry.  [Hmm, wonder what that will be used for in the future?]

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 05:56:27 PM »
I love how she padded her list with already banned firearms so she could get to 150. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

erictank

• friends
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 06:30:43 PM »
Most people find that FFL's refuse to transfer even if the three-days has passed. They're too fearful of bad press, or getting the stink-eye from the ATF or local LEA's even if/when they followed the law to the letter, should a gun sold after three days turn up in a crime. Or they risk things like punitive audits etc. in the future, or from the local municipal government on things like zoning or building inspections, occupancy permits etc.

Sterling Arsenal in Sterling VA has a policy like this - regardless of the fact that the law states outright that the sale can proceed after 3 days if there's no answer, they WILL NOT (according to their site) transfer without a NICS approval. Period.

Which is a shame, because they've otherwise been pretty good to me, customer-service-wise.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2013, 06:45:24 PM »
How can they withdraw an approval on a zoning matter? I know laws differ from state to state, but I served as chair of my town's planning and zoning commission a number of years ago. Once we issued a determination that a proposed application met the regulations, there was nothing we could withdraw. The only way we could un-approve something would be if the nature of the business changed significantly -- enough to put it outside of what the regulations allowed.

special use permit?

we had a real hoot of a case(s) in prince william county involving a dump expansion and eminent domain.  county got thweir butt handed to them  several times by an old hill billy.  with good lawyers
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2013, 06:57:35 PM »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/278993-report-feinstein-to-introduce-assault-weapons-ban-thursday

It's still shaky on the details.

150 models explicitly called out.  Existing hardware is grandfathered in, but will be added to a registry.  [Hmm, wonder what that will be used for in the future?]

Apparently Carolyn McCarthy's comments to the bill were, "if guns aren't in stores, they can't be bought". Sort of like pot, meth, moonshine, rhino horns, Romulan Ale, roadside pie stands, Girl Scout cookies, and Alliance foodstuffs.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2013, 07:22:47 PM »
Feinstein isn't even pretending.  She said that the purpose of this bill is to "dry up the supply of these weapons over time." 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2013, 07:49:23 PM »
Feinstein isn't even pretending.  She said that the purpose of this bill is to "dry up the supply of these weapons over time." 

Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2013, 07:55:33 PM »
http://washingtonexaminer.com/sen.-diane-feinstein-opens-up-anti-gun-presser-with-a-prayer/article/2519581#.UQHXbzltjcu

I believe that the gun lobby is no match for the cross lobby.

Mixing religion and politics is sinister and wicked. Until the left wants to do it.  :rofl:

(And for those of you not paying attention, the left does it with some regularity.)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 08:21:35 PM by fistful »

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2013, 08:07:39 PM »

Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in.

Ammo first  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2013, 08:41:43 AM »
Mini-14 tactical - banned.
Mini-14 Ranch Rifle - not on the list.
Hi-Point carbine (10 round mag) - banned
Beretta Storm carbine - banned
Beretta 92, that uses the same bleeping magazines!!! - not on the list
Kel-Tec Sub 2000 - banned
Sig, Glock, S&W pistols that use the same magazines as the Kel-Tec - not on the list

I swear to Shiva, does anyone there have a frackin' CLUE????
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2013, 09:04:54 AM »
Mini-14 tactical - banned.
Mini-14 Ranch Rifle - not on the list.
Hi-Point carbine (10 round mag) - banned
Beretta Storm carbine - banned
Beretta 92, that uses the same bleeping magazines!!! - not on the list
Kel-Tec Sub 2000 - banned
Sig, Glock, S&W pistols that use the same magazines as the Kel-Tec - not on the list

I swear to Shiva, does anyone there have a frackin' CLUE????

Sure.  Ban the scary stuff first.  The other stuff will soon follow.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2013, 11:53:29 AM »
How exactly does Feinstein intend to "dry up the supply of weapons over time" when there are somewhere between 250 million to as many as 500 million of them in the US, and they can last centuries if properly cared for?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2013, 12:09:32 PM »
How exactly does Feinstein intend to "dry up the supply of weapons over time" when there are somewhere between 250 million to as many as 500 million of them in the US, and they can last centuries if properly cared for?

They'll last far longer than the Republic, that's for sure.

We're at 2013, and the Constitution was ratified in 1789.  That's 224 years.  Most governments only have a lifespan of 200-250 years.

I don't expect us to have a tricentennial.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2013, 12:55:23 PM »
Since when do people who dodge bullets, or don't dodge them, become experts on firearms?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2013, 02:04:05 PM »
Feinstein is unredeemable as a human being. [barf]

Seriously, isn't conspiring against people's Rights recognized by current Law as an illegal activity? I find it odd that no one has called her out on that. She doesn't want to regulate, she wants to terminate.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2013, 11:39:55 PM »
Feinstein is unredeemable as a human being. [barf]

Seriously, isn't conspiring against people's Rights recognized by current Law as an illegal activity? I find it odd that no one has called her out on that. She doesn't want to regulate, she wants to terminate.

Well, she's a Democrat, right? Pro-abortion? Anti-gun? Yeah, there's an entire political party devoted to terminating AND regulating, so let's call them all out.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2013, 01:22:30 AM »
Truth is whatever is expedient.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2013, 02:46:18 PM »
Aaaaaaand the lead story is the march on Washington for greater gun control.  At least the news is calling it that instead of "gun safety" or "gun violence".  I wish Mother Gaia would swallow them up.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2013, 03:35:27 PM »
The pro-lifers march on Washington every year, at about this time. Wonder how much coverage they got.  ;/

What do you all make of this?

http://thehill.com/blogs/regwatch/pending-regs/279345-holder-begins-gun-control-push
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 03:47:16 PM by fistful »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2013, 09:00:40 PM »
Aaaaaaand the lead story is the march on Washington for greater gun control.  At least the news is calling it that instead of "gun safety" or "gun violence".  I wish Mother Gaia would swallow them up.

Pro gun people were there too. Gotta love this guy's sign:

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."