Author Topic: Seattle Gun Buyback Follies  (Read 1554 times)

HankB

• friend
Seattle Gun Buyback Follies
« on: January 29, 2013, 06:10:06 AM »
Seattle's gun buyback turned into an impromptu gun show as other individuals showed up & were offering more $$$ than the cops were.    :rofl: =D :rofl: =D :rofl:

http://dcxposed.com/2013/01/27/seattle-gun-buyback-gets-jacked-turns-into-a-damn-gun-show-lol/
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: Seattle Gun Buyback Follies
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 07:09:16 AM »
But the BuyBack wasn’t a bust. On the contrary – their $80,000 supply of gift cards didn’t last but 2 hours, and by 11:00 am they began attempting to issue IOU’s at which point the entire crowd responded by turning and marching toward the gun dealers, forcing the police officers to pack it up for the day.

The cops still got a lot of guns.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 10:20:03 AM »
The cops still got a lot of guns.

Do you mean the department, or individual officers?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 11:25:02 AM »
Do you mean the department, or individual officers?

Fresh supply of throw downs?  [tinfoil]

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 02:54:31 PM »
A friend of mine took in two of his dad's old, inoperable rifles that have just been taking up storage space.  His comment was that he was happy to "sell" them to the city if the city was stupid enough to buy them!
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 05:31:07 PM »
That kind of public response helps tamp down the dark foreboding of my inner cynic some. Good on them!

You know, they could probably pull a lot more guns "off the streets" if they setup a gun buyback in more the following:

City sets up a convention center the gun buyback in a suitably large convention center with an open invitation to all good citizens who would like to buy some of these firearms. The seller's line is setup to wind through the convention center past all the potential private buyers, terminating finally at the police desk where anything not purchased can be sold to the cops for X gift card.

Police offer (not require), free serial number checks to the private buyers (without taking any personal information from the buyer) for those who wish to ensure that their new purchases are not stolen or listed crime guns. And anything that is sold to the cops, that goes through the same check, is in turn auctioned to the local FFL's to recoup the costs of the show--err I mean gun buyback.

[popcorn]

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 07:28:16 PM »
That kind of public response helps tamp down the dark foreboding of my inner cynic some. Good on them!

You know, they could probably pull a lot more guns "off the streets" if they setup a gun buyback in more the following:

City sets up a convention center the gun buyback in a suitably large convention center with an open invitation to all good citizens who would like to buy some of these firearms. The seller's line is setup to wind through the convention center past all the potential private buyers, terminating finally at the police desk where anything not purchased can be sold to the cops for X gift card.

Police offer (not require), free serial number checks to the private buyers (without taking any personal information from the buyer) for those who wish to ensure that their new purchases are not stolen or listed crime guns. And anything that is sold to the cops, that goes through the same check, is in turn auctioned to the local FFL's to recoup the costs of the show--err I mean gun buyback.

[popcorn]

Well in this scenario I would imagine for this to pass muster the buyers will have to have gone through a NICS first.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 07:55:16 PM »
Well in this scenario I would imagine for this to pass muster the buyers will have to have gone through a NICS first.
It shouldn't be needed, but that would certainly help with people who are scared of where their gun would end up. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 09:50:12 PM »
It would also be difficult to imagine a police department having anything to do with private sales, without NICS to c their a.

'Course, they run no liability at all, if they simply don't do it. I guess that's why they don't do it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife