Author Topic: "Rambo" Stallone supports new AWB  (Read 5304 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
"Rambo" Stallone supports new AWB
« on: February 02, 2013, 12:44:18 AM »
Of all of the Hollywood hypocrites who make millions from using guns and violence in movies, but then speak out against guns, I don't know of many who can top Sylvester Stallone. I remember years back during the Brady Bill debates, he was interviewed by a European magazine, and spoke out in favor of gun control, despite having his own indoor shooting range at his home.

Now he's speaking out in favor of Feinstein's AWB. This is from a guy who's shot more people in a single movie than all of the school shooters of the last 20 years combined.

I've had it with this POS.

Story is here

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: "Rambo" Stallone supports new AWB
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 12:57:36 AM »
Give him a pair of scissors.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 01:10:28 AM »
I've never understood why actors are given so much credence on any real life issue when their stock in trade is essentially a polished lie.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 01:17:55 AM »

Edit: The picture stopped loading for me, I will upload it to APS. This is a much smaller JPEG of the original larger sized and higher quality PNG from the Facebook page "I will keep my guns, money and freedom, you can keep the "change"".

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151677318483136&set=a.379083338135.208500.374356288135&type=1&theater
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 02:57:52 PM by DustinD »
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 01:45:24 AM »
I've never understood why actors are given so much credence on any real life issue when their stock in trade is essentially a polished lie.

Wasn't it said that the Romans regarded their actors with the appropriate esteem: just above that of a cesspit cleaner, but below that of a decent whore.

:P

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 01:51:56 AM »
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypocrite

hyp·o·crite [hip-uh-krit] noun
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Origin: 1175–1225; Middle English ipocrite  < Old French  < Late Latin hypocrita  < Greek hypokritḗs  a stage actor, hence one who pretends to be what he is not, equivalent to hypokrī́ ( nesthai ) (see hypocrisy) + -tēs  agent suffix
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 02:16:04 AM »
DustinD, how recent is that poster? I've never seen it.

What an ahole. I don't think I'll be watching any of his movies any more.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 10:09:28 AM »
I need to sue that jackass for royalties anyway. Hes made millions off my name. *expletive deleted*er.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 11:17:22 AM »
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 01:38:40 PM »
I found proof that it is real:   http://blog.riflegear.com/articles/the-hypocrisy-of-sylvester-stallone.aspx

I found the picture at http://www.facebook.com/klr3674 a few days ago.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 01:45:07 PM »
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypocrite

hyp·o·crite [hip-uh-krit] noun
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Origin: 1175–1225; Middle English ipocrite  < Old French  < Late Latin hypocrita  < Greek hypokritḗs  a stage actor, hence one who pretends to be what he is not, equivalent to hypokrī́ ( nesthai ) (see hypocrisy) + -tēs  agent suffix

Beautiful.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 12:23:12 AM »
I've noticed he's using a lever gun in the ads for his latest movie.

Wonder how long it'll be before lever guns are on the "hit list".

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 01:19:59 AM »
Giving money to Hollywood by buying their fare is aiding and abetting the enemy.

*expletive deleted*ck them and their bullshit.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 09:04:41 AM »
When the Almighty was finishing up His making of Man, He discovered that He still had a bunch of flesh, bone and hair but no more brains.  So He said to Himself, "Hmmm what should I do?"  He noticed that Man, who had brains, seemed to be just sitting around and reading books on quantum mechanics, physics, and associated serious stuff.  As a result Man seemed mostly gloomy and preoccupied and not having much in the way of distraction or humor.   So the Almighty took the leftover flesh, bone and hair and created Actor without a brain to amuse Man and all was well in the land.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 03:46:12 PM »
It has always amazed me that an actor, who is really someone paid to do nothing more than repeat the words that someone else wrote in a convincing manner, are so worshipped by our society, yet most of the writers, who actually create the words and stories, languish in the shadows.  I'd likely care more what the writer thought than the actor, as the writer at least has a mind capable of producing more than false emotions on a stage or screen.

As for Stallone, I haven't paid money to watch anything of his since Rambo II, and I was in high schoo then.  Honestly, I think I paid for the privacy a 16 year old can find in the back of a near-empty movie theater with a young lady more than the movie.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark