Author Topic: Chris Kyle "American Sniper" RIP  (Read 10984 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Chris Kyle "American Sniper" RIP
« on: February 03, 2013, 01:23:34 AM »
Navy Seal, author and well known sniper.
RIP sir. =(
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/02/02/American-Sniper-Chris-Kyle-Killed-at-Texas-Gun-Range?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BreitbartFeed+(Breitbart+Feed)

snipped from article

SEAL Team 3 Chief Chris Kyle served four combat tours in Operation Iraqi Freedom and elsewhere. For his bravery in battle, he was awarded two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars with Valor, two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals, and one Navy and Marine Corps Commendation. Additionally, he received the Grateful Nation Award, given by the Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs. Following his combat deployments, he became chief instructor for training Naval Special Warfare Sniper and Counter-Sniper teams, and he authored the Naval Special Warfare Sniper Doctrine, the first Navy SEAL sniper manual.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Chris Kyle "American Sniper" RIP
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 07:34:39 AM »
Murdered at a gun range by a former Marine. The suspect has been caught.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 09:16:06 AM »
Further proof that "No good deed shall go unpunished."

May his killer roast in the fires of Hades forever.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 09:34:15 AM »
unreal,  rip.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 11:17:27 AM »
No one has yet, but I respectfully ask that we keep gun politics out of this thread. Reserve it for condolences and general discussion on the deceased. Feel free to discuss this as related to gun control by starting a separate thread in politics. Thanks.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 11:36:58 AM »
I wonder if this will turn out to be a random crime or if Mr. Kyle and his buddy were specifically targeted.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 12:19:31 PM »
I wonder if this will turn out to be a random crime or if Mr. Kyle and his buddy were specifically targeted.

According to some reports they both knew the shooter and were all at the range in order to "help" with some issue related to the shooter's PTSD.  Other reports say Kyle and his friend were representing his (Kyle's) security companmy at a charity fundraising event and did not know the shooter.  In either case, Hawkmoon's "no good deed" comment is apt.

Unlike the public image of a SEAL and sniper, Mr. Kyle was soft-spoken and unassuming.  Possibly the most ooutstanding thing he ever did was to claim to have punched Jesse Ventura in the face in a bar.  Ventura has consistently denied the event and had an active lawsuit against Kyle for defamation.  Kyle is said to have never identified the SEAL Team that was supposed to be holding a wake when Ventura supposedly said that which Kyle claims so enraged him, and s far no witnesses were named by either side.

Fair winds and following seas.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 12:34:13 PM »
Unlike the public image of a SEAL and sniper, Mr. Kyle was soft-spoken and unassuming.  Possibly the most ooutstanding thing he ever did was to claim to have punched Jesse Ventura in the face in a bar.  Ventura has consistently denied the event and had an active lawsuit against Kyle for defamation.  Kyle is said to have never identified the SEAL Team that was supposed to be holding a wake when Ventura supposedly said that which Kyle claims so enraged him, and s far no witnesses were named by either side.

Jesse Ventura, Jackass (Esq) said to Kyle that the SEALS "deserved to lose a few guys".

Ventura is an asshat and has proven it repeatedly, so I'm going to go with Kyle on this one...and wish Kyle had challenged Jesse to a duel instead and saved us from his overbearing assholiness.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 02:43:26 PM »
Jesse Ventura, Jackass (Esq) said to Kyle that the SEALS "deserved to lose a few guys".

Ventura is an asshat and has proven it repeatedly, so I'm going to go with Kyle on this one...and wish Kyle had challenged Jesse to a duel instead and saved us from his overbearing assholiness.

I saw a segment on O'Reily  about that, when asked about what happened after he punched Ventura Chris said with a laugh "I ran"
 :cool:.

I remember planning on getting his book, but never got to it. Mr Kyle seemed like someone I would want to know.
I real stand-up guy.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 03:08:51 PM »
Fair Winds and Following Seas ,brother !

=(

Lee

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 06:11:30 PM »
That's a shame. RIP.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 07:52:35 PM »

I heard a radio report this evening that Al Qaeda had a bounty on the Kyle.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 08:38:11 PM »
RIP.  Thank you for your service.  My condolences to his family.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 09:05:05 PM »

choose your weapon at 1200yds?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 10:51:05 AM »

I remember planning on getting his book, but never got to it. Mr Kyle seemed like someone I would want to know.
I real stand-up guy.
Never heard of his book before now. It's been my experience that regardless what field of activity you want to talk about the best of the best are most often the humble and soft spoken ones. The egos start to kick in a couple levels down. ;)
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 07:44:59 PM »
What a terrible shame. And it goes to show that even the most dangerous and highly skilled men are still just men, and can be killed even by those of considerably less talent.  =(
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 09:33:59 PM »
Further proof that "No good deed shall go unpunished."

May his killer roast in the fires of Hades forever.

If it was anyone but a former Marine that they were trying to help I would agree with this, but not this time.  They went out doing what they do best, trying to help those that needed it.  No one knows the torment the young man they were trying to help is going through.  I ask that you please keep him in your thoughts and/or prayers also because he also a casualty of the horrors of war. 
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 09:36:49 PM »

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 09:45:02 PM »
In response to the news, Paul tweeted: “Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that ‘he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.’ Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/04/ron-paul-tweets-controversial-message-about-murdered-navy-seal-veteran/%20?test=latestnews#ixzz2JzMtvDAd

If Paul said that, he is officially an Asshat.

Rest peacefully Kyle. :'(
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

erictank

• friends
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2013, 11:52:07 PM »
And Ron Paul has yet again substantiated all of my criticisms of his sanity.   

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/04/ron-paul-tweets-controversial-message-about-murdered-navy-seal-veteran/%20?test=latestnews

I expect that tweet will cost him a fair amount of respect from those who have otherwise supported him.

It certainly has me thinking that perhaps it's a good thing he didn't win the Republican nomination after all. And wondering what the hell the man was thinking.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 12:47:59 AM »
I expect that tweet will cost him a fair amount of respect from those who have otherwise supported him.

Rightfully so, if indeed he really did say that.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 06:05:36 AM »
As someone who works with persons with mental illnesses, I know first-hand how easy it is for the person you're helping to turn on you. Yet Kyle kept helping until the end.....

Vaya con Dios, Amigo.....

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 06:36:49 AM »
he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.
I guess it's better than wasting away crapping yourself in a bed somewhere.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 09:18:13 AM »
I'm probably gonna catch some hell for this.

Ron Paul's comment was awful, but not entirely false.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/05/us/former-sniper-chris-kyle-tried-to-help-troubled-marine-accused-in-his-death.html?_r=0

The shootings unfolded five months after the Lancaster police responded to the Routh residence in September. At that time, Mr. Routh threatened to kill himself and his family, according to a police report of the episode. Officers found him near his home, shirtless and shoeless, and he told them he was a Marine veteran with post-traumatic stress disorder, the report said.

Taking this dude to a range to unwind was probably an awful decision.

Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog