Author Topic: Chris Kyle "American Sniper" RIP  (Read 10983 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Chris Kyle "American Sniper" RIP
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2013, 02:49:05 PM »
1. Define "didn't know at all", what level of knowing someone you'd require personally, and if you think that would have prevented this.

2. Define mental issues. And depends on the circumstances.

And as to the qouted sentence, any time you try to help someone else with ptsd there are risks. Doesn't make it a mistake. And it doesn't mean that the guy wouldn't have shot him and stolen his truck if he'd just been stopping by to "get to know" him prior to more activities.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2013, 02:53:08 PM »
I will say that the interchanges here are really making me ponder as to how does one get to know someone sufficiently to trust them with a firearm.  Much food for thought here for me.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2013, 02:54:44 PM »
Since I've already repeatedly alluded to my parameters, why don't you define the conditions in which YOU would not feel comfortable taking someone to the range?

I don't know about you, But I call any situation in which I am shot to death and my truck stolen from me to be a mistake
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2013, 02:56:06 PM »
To number one, I'd say one should at least know someone well enough to know if they've made violent threats against their family that resulted in a police encounter...
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2013, 03:06:28 PM »
Alluded to is not the same as defined. "I'd just get to know him, and then I'd be able to TELL!" is silly.

And really!?!?!?! Any violent crime victim has made a mistake? Guy gets mugged, must've made a mistake. Woman gets raped, must have made a mistake. Etc. Wow...

I'm also saying that the solutions that you propose very likely wouldn't have prevented this. If you think hanging out and chatting with a guy and/or his family for a few hours will inevitably lead to their revealing the unvarnished truth about their most embarrassing incidents you're delusional.

"Well, he has been drinking too much since he got back from Iraq. He got a DUI and he's got a bad temper when he's drunk." Oh hey look, exactly what virtually every single person with ptsd issues is like, and how their family would describe it to a famous stranger offering to help. Would that have given you foresight to be able to know he'd rob you?

I go to public ranges, so in a very real sense every time I shoot I'm "at the range with people I know nothing about." I wouldn't take anyone I knew to be a drug addict, or an unreformed violent criminal but then I wouldn't knowingly do anything with those sort of folks. I've met people at ranges before where all I knew about them was that they had a rifle I wanted to buy.

Bad things happen. We can't always prevent them, and saying "Anything something bad happens it must be because the victim screwed up" is, again, just... wow.

To number one, I'd say one should at least know someone well enough to know if they've made violent threats against their family that resulted in a police encounter...

Which you'd find out how again?

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2013, 03:06:54 PM »

I'm still having trouble working up a scenario in which sumdood is able to take out not one, but two, armed dudes at a range.

BOTH of his companions were in Condition White?

How does that happen?  I mean, okay, here we are at the range, and we know that the guy we're helping is not 100% compos mentis and we don't take any precautions to watch each other's backs?

I just find that . . . bordering on absurd.

What did I miss?
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2013, 03:13:10 PM »
Thanks, balog, for confirming that you haven't been reading what I've been writing.

You can feel free to keep throwing ridicule, though. It helps your case

Many violent crime victims make mistakes that help contribute to their deaths. It doesn't mean we are assigning blame.

Folks who die in bad areas who are not armed. Do we not frequently say "they should have been armed?"

You've never said something like that?
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2013, 03:22:19 PM »
Quote from: Fitz
I don't know about you, But I call any situation in which I am shot to death and my truck stolen from me to be a mistake

And really!?!?!?! Any violent crime victim has made a mistake? Guy gets mugged, must've made a mistake. Woman gets raped, must have made a mistake. Etc. Wow...

You're right, there's obviously no way I'm reading and comprehending what you're saying. Only possible explanation.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2013, 03:23:50 PM »
Ok enough.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”