Author Topic: Fugitive alleged LAPD-killer is first drone target on U.S. soil  (Read 36221 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Fugitive alleged LAPD-killer is first drone target on U.S. soil
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2013, 10:37:58 PM »
I hope there weren't any hostages in there.

acceptable collateral damage
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2013, 11:07:23 PM »
Breaking News: No body was found in the burning cabin.
The cabin is still too hot for authorities to enter.
All previous reports that Dorner is dead are false at this time.

This is per Fox News live in CA.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2013, 11:09:10 PM »
Breaking News: No body was found in the burning cabin.

:rofl:  Now that would be funny.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2013, 11:22:06 PM »
My suspicion is that there is a body and it has been removed.  But the fire is still too hot to do much "police work" until it cools down.

Is this the same kind of ending as the Branch Dividians south of Waco?  The difference is that Dorner has apparantly committed the crimes he is accused of.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2013, 11:25:12 PM »
My suspicion is that there is a body and it has been removed.  But the fire is still too hot to do much "police work" until it cools down.

Is this the same kind of ending as the Branch Dividians south of Waco?  The difference is that Dorner has apparantly committed the crimes he is accused of.

I wonder what would happen if a family member of the people the cops shot chased a few cops into a cabin then lit it on fire.

I'm sure it would go the same for them. Right?

Right?

... Guys?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2013, 12:26:27 AM »
I hope dorner is still alive.  Not that i care much about him.  He's just doing the best job in the world that anyone could do short of ragnar danjeskold of showing how brutish and stupid government jackboot agents can truly be.  The longer the public sees it, the more the state has to build webs of lies and justifications to buy itself excuses, until it runs out.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2013, 12:56:17 AM »
He certainly has that effect.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2013, 01:33:17 AM »
You do realized he killed two non LE citizens dont you? In addition to the two cops he killed and one he critically wounded?

Oh and yeah I have a revulsion for murderers which he was, and I count LEOs who stand with us on 2A matters as my allies.
You're reading too much into it. I'm just using it and similar comments as a barometer of the logistical practicality of a revolution. In order to work, a revolution requires a significant element of the population to simultaneously: 1) support the cause 2) hate the enemy (and the footsoldiers supporting the enemy). If they don't hate the enemy, they'll have a really tough time understanding why somebody would feel the need to shoot that enemy, just like the average pro-lifer is going to be horrified by an abortion clinic bomber, and would very likely drop a dime on 'em.

P.S. If this post makes absolutely no sense, it's probably the fever talking.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2013, 06:30:06 AM »
LAPD issued a statement refuting the abc story

Why would LAPD issue a statement about a San Bernadino Sheriff's Dept. op?....

Meanwhile..... http://dailycurrant.com/2013/02/12/police-shoot-jazz-band-members-dorner-manhunt/
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2013, 06:46:53 AM »

Meanwhile..... http://dailycurrant.com/2013/02/12/police-shoot-jazz-band-members-dorner-manhunt/

You almost got me with that one. First time I've seen anything from The Daily Currant. :facepalm:
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2013, 07:40:32 AM »
a news blurb said dorner torched the cabin himself, when he tried to use a smoke grenade for concealment.   :rofl:

i never cared whether it was citizens, or citizens in uniform that he killed. murder is murder.  however, i wasn't there and would have been interested in the outcome of a trial.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

brimic

• friends
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2013, 08:23:40 AM »
 [tinfoil]
Why do I get the impression that a lot of things happening lately could be false flag operations?
We have had over the last year several instances of way over the top violence, where the perp(s) simply more or less disappeared afterwards, incredibly inconsistant media reporting followed by a scrubbing of original reports, .gov sharpening their knives to carve up the rest of our civil rights (2nd amendment, using drones)....

[/tinfoil]

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2013, 08:42:02 AM »
CBS reported he was using a .50 cal during the final gunfight.

They implied Dorner started the fire then offed himself.

We will never know what really happened and with Dorner being such a bad guy nobody will care.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the negligent shootings the police engaged in where they attacked innocent people. Probably big payoffs, little to no disciplinary action and a media blackout on that aspect.

It does seem that there are more folks having psychological breaks and taking up arms. Maybe if I get rid of my guns I'll be safer.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2013, 09:00:28 AM »

They implied Dorner started the fire then offed himself.

We will never know what really happened and with Dorner being such a bad guy nobody will care.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the negligent shootings the police engaged in where they attacked innocent people. Probably big payoffs, little to no disciplinary action and a media blackout on that aspect.

It does seem that there are more folks having psychological breaks and taking up arms. Maybe if I get rid of my guns I'll be safer.

Yes you would be safer.  Send them to me and I will care for them.  =D
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2013, 09:10:00 AM »
They implied Dorner started the fire

Where did we hear that before ...  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2013, 09:28:28 AM »
Where did we hear that before ...  =|
Billy Joel?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2013, 10:24:00 AM »
The real Dorner question: Not why was he fired, but why was he hired?

http://isteve.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-real-dorner-question-not-why-was-he.html

As usual, the opposite question from the one being obsessed over in the media seems more worthy of investigation: Why was this highly defective individual hired in the first place? Why did the LAPD, which is big enough to afford the most sophisticated screening processes, ever give this man a badge and a gun?

Quote from: comment
Obviously, if Nidal Hasan could become a major in the army despite expressing terrorist sympathies and communicating with known terrorists, then this clown could easily slip into the police academy.

Notice that this LAPD washout still has an incredibly high sense of self esteem despite being a total failure in life. He is a monster of the Left's creation and there are literally millions like him. They are more dangerous than any white supremacist with an AR 15.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2013, 10:36:58 AM »

Well when you're actively shooting at the cops they don't just stand on their perimiter taking hits, they are going to do something about it. Like try to gas you out.

This ain't no Waco, despite how some desperately want it to be  ;/

The real Dorner question: Not why was he fired, but why was he hired?

I'll tell you the reason. Affirmative action, baby. It's a wonderful thing! It's what got my idiot boss hired with no experience for an advanced position over several highly qualified men...HR loves to overrule on hiring decisions like that. It is a MAJOR problem in today's society.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2013, 11:44:28 AM »
Affirmative action is the ultimate assault weapon.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2013, 12:08:12 PM »
[tinfoil]
Why do I get the impression that a lot of things happening lately could be false flag operations?
We have had over the last year several instances of way over the top violence, where the perp(s) simply more or less disappeared afterwards, incredibly inconsistant media reporting followed by a scrubbing of original reports, .gov sharpening their knives to carve up the rest of our civil rights (2nd amendment, using drones)....

[/tinfoil]

It's the Pax. The G-23 Paxilon Hydrochlorate that we added to the air processors. It was supposed to calm the population, weed out aggression. Well, it works. The people here stopped fighting. And then they stopped everything else. They stopped going to work, they stopped breeding, talking, eating. There's 30 million people here, and they all just let themselves die.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2013, 12:11:41 PM »
Well when you're actively shooting at the cops they don't just stand on their perimiter taking hits, they are going to do something about it. Like try to gas you out.

This ain't no Waco, despite how some desperately want it to be  ;/
I totally agree, however:
1. Tear gas deployed against a structure leading to fire seems to happen an awful lot.  It may just be selection bias, but it feels like it is intentionally used in some cases as an incendiary weapon.
2. I have a strong aversion to law enforcement using fire as a weapon.  Even in situations where I feel a hail of gunfire would be an appropriate response (as seems to be the case here), cops burning someone out feels wrong.  Maybe my concern is because fire is indiscriminate and could easily kill innocents.  Maybe it is because being burned alive scares me in a deep, animal way.  Maybe it just reminds me of the George Washington quote about fire and government.  Whatever the case, if police are using tear gas to intentionally torch structures - even if they are pretty sure the only person in the structure is someone who needs killing - I think they are in the wrong.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2013, 12:13:23 PM »
Tear gas deployed against a structure leading to fire

It's the nature of the gas cannister.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2013, 12:18:19 PM »
I totally agree, however:
1. Tear gas deployed against a structure leading to fire seems to happen an awful lot.  It may just be selection bias, but it feels like it is intentionally used in some cases as an incendiary weapon.
2. I have a strong aversion to law enforcement using fire as a weapon.  Even in situations where I feel a hail of gunfire would be an appropriate response (as seems to be the case here), cops burning someone out feels wrong.  Maybe my concern is because fire is indiscriminate and could easily kill innocents.  Maybe it is because being burned alive scares me in a deep, animal way.  Maybe it just reminds me of the George Washington quote about fire and government.  Whatever the case, if police are using tear gas to intentionally torch structures - even if they are pretty sure the only person in the structure is someone who needs killing - I think they are in the wrong.

Agreed.  Setting a structure ablaze is deploying an indiscriminate weapon.

At what point will law enforcement be able to simply level a building with an airstrike/mortars/artillery because there might be someone in there who is too dangerous?

"Be sure of your target, and what's beyond it."