Author Topic: Slipstream Weapon Lubricant  (Read 13516 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Slipstream Weapon Lubricant
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 03:48:00 PM »
Can it be made made from grinding up politicians?

That has been tried, but the result was more "chum" than "lubricant."  When I, er, my "friend" brought an open-class 1911 to an IPSC competition so lubed, it created quite the stir, indeed.  Also, finding the nanoparticle of integrity was awfully difficult in the mess.  Best to generate the particles artificially.

That said, grinding politicians into chum is a worthy endeavor in and of itself.  Please carry on.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 04:25:28 PM »
OK, I'll let the cat out of the bag. 

The Watson Center for Socio-Physical Studies was trying to replicate the average politician's integrity in solid form and they came up with these here particles that were both incredibly tiny and slippery.  Also, the reason they sell Slipstream in such tiny increments is that if they put too many of those particles together, the moral vacuum created when opened has been known to create a minuscule integrity singularity and turn the unfortunate opener into a raving leftist.  Be thankful you can not buy it by the gallon.

OK, so it's not made of people.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 04:30:21 PM »
Disclaimer: I'm a mod on the forum that is owned in part by the folks who make Slipstream.

<thread_drift>
We the armed?

Worth spending some of my much stretched time and attention there?  What makes it different/better|worse than TFL or THR-that-was?
</thread_drift>
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 04:48:08 PM »
Yes WTA

I like it, personally. Found myself spending a reasonable amount of time there.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 05:04:14 PM »

Dear mods, you will carefully note I wasn't trolling for new members and solely interested in a disclaimer in the interest of possible conflict of interest.

I don't want to cross any lines of taste by trolling APS to send traffic to WTA. I'll need an official ruling before I can answer Mr Field's question.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2013, 05:51:09 PM »
I spent a bit of time on WTA, seemed nice enough. I don't really care for George Hill's career trajectory though. Salesman to attempted politician to AR maker (who just happens to have written one of the best AR bashing blog posts ever). Just find it hard to trust the dude, and I figure if I posted there much I'd get the ban hammer for expressing skepticism.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2013, 06:40:23 PM »
I spent a bit of time on WTA, seemed nice enough. I don't really care for George Hill's career trajectory though. Salesman to attempted politician to AR maker (who just happens to have written one of the best AR bashing blog posts ever). Just find it hard to trust the dude, and I figure if I posted there much I'd get the ban hammer for expressing skepticism.

Link?  I'm always up for AR bashing, even though I like them.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2013, 06:41:26 PM »

Dear mods, you will carefully note I wasn't trolling for new members and solely interested in a disclaimer in the interest of possible conflict of interest.

I don't want to cross any lines of taste by trolling APS to send traffic to WTA. I'll need an official ruling before I can answer Mr Field's question.

Doesn't bother me at all. No reason not to mention other forums that our members might have an interest in. Answer away as far as I'm concerned.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2013, 06:42:11 PM »
Link?  I'm always up for AR bashing, even though I like them.
http://madogre.com/?p=174
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2013, 07:06:27 PM »
I bought that same kit several years ago,  and I JUST ran out of the oil. 

I'm happy with how it works,  but I've honestly never compared it to any of it's competitors.  I just happened to be in Utah at the time and picked some up.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2013, 07:35:11 PM »
I agree with Ben.  Nothing wrong with some cross-pollination with like minded folk.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2013, 07:42:00 PM »
I agree with Ben.  Nothing wrong with some cross-pollination with like minded folk.
Thats a hell of a way to put that
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2013, 10:35:19 PM »
So.....   Just had to post a little more follow up....  I still keep being impressed by this stuff...  I've done a complete teardown, degrease, and then lube with this stuff on 3 pistols, a revolver, a shotgun, and 2 rifles.   Haven't used even a quarter of the grease, maybe even less of the oil.   

Yesterday did my brother's Mosin-Nagant, my Garand and 870...   Pretty sure the 870 is now an AA-12...   My Garand grew a switch, and the Nagant has morphed into an SVT....

I know I'm sounding like a fanboi on this, but I really am that impressed with how well this stuff works...  It's absolutely mindboggling how much smoother all the guns I have treated with this are...
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

birdman

• friend
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2013, 07:08:01 AM »
So.....   Just had to post a little more follow up....  I still keep being impressed by this stuff...  I've done a complete teardown, degrease, and then lube with this stuff on 3 pistols, a revolver, a shotgun, and 2 rifles.   Haven't used even a quarter of the grease, maybe even less of the oil.   

Yesterday did my brother's Mosin-Nagant, my Garand and 870...   Pretty sure the 870 is now an AA-12...   My Garand grew a switch, and the Nagant has morphed into an SVT....

I know I'm sounding like a fanboi on this, but I really am that impressed with how well this stuff works...  It's absolutely mindboggling how much smoother all the guns I have treated with this are...

Where do you use the grease vs oil, as an example.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2013, 07:33:37 AM »
Birdman,  the rule of thumb that I've been told is that you use grease on sliding surfaces, oil on pivoting surfaces...  So slide rails, locking lugs, those get grease, while pivot pins get oil. One thing with the slipstream oil,  you have to keep shaking it to keep the "magic"  suspended in the oil.   There's actually a steel ball bearing in the bottle to help agitate things.

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 07:43:18 AM »
so, slipstream for lube.  regular oil for wiping down the finish?  (rust protection?)
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2013, 07:45:52 AM »
Geronimo. That's exactly what I did..  Exterior parts and other non-moving parts got regular oil for rust prevention

lupinus

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Slipstream Weapon Lubricant
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2013, 08:15:32 AM »
Birdman,  the rule of thumb that I've been told is that you use grease on sliding surfaces, oil on pivoting surfaces...  So slide rails, locking lugs, those get grease, while pivot pins get oil. One thing with the slipstream oil,  you have to keep shaking it to keep the "magic"  suspended in the oil.   There's actually a steel ball bearing in the bottle to help agitate things.
This ^

I do like to grease and add an oil "floater" to bolts and slides.

Sent via tapatalk

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2013, 10:45:19 AM »
<thread_drift>
We the armed?

Worth spending some of my much stretched time and attention there?  What makes it different/better|worse than TFL or THR-that-was?
</thread_drift>

General gun forum stuff mostly. The drift is mostly literary in nature. Considering it's George's and Larry's board, and they're both published. Mike Z hangs out there regularly. So, basically a number of Baen authors are there at any randomly given time.

Good place, all and all.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2013, 03:05:42 PM »
I lubed up a couple of guns yesterday with this stuff.  I could not feel a difference on the m&p40 or 45.  Both are pretty broken in though.  What I did was grease the wear marks and oil everything else.  However, on my 6.8 SPC AR-15 that has never been fired (finally getting some ammo delivered this week) it changed it a lot.  It has a DD BCG which drags a bit (did in this AR and the one I pulled it from).  The grease smoothed that right up.  It is not buttery smooth like the AR's that have 1000's of rounds through them but it is much improved.