Author Topic: No Guns for NY?  (Read 943 times)

HankB

• friend
No Guns for NY?
« on: February 14, 2013, 12:52:16 PM »
Seems that Olympic Arms announced this week that they will no longer sell guns to New York government agencies.

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/02/olympic-arms-to-new-york-state-take-your-business-elsewhere/#comment-81491

Don't know how many Olympic sold to NY in the first place, but I'd like to see similar policies from the "big" players like S&W, Ruger, Glock, Federal, Remington, Winchester, etc.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

SADShooter

• friend
Re: No Guns for NY?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 01:02:06 PM »
Irrespective of the sales impact in NY State, it guarantees one thing: that I will seriously consider purchasing OlyArms stuff, where I might not have previously.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 01:13:00 PM »
I would be extremely shocked if Glock were to take that position.  I tend to think that they're second only to H&K in their disdain for non-LE or .mil folks...
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 01:14:43 PM »
I'm still pissed at Oly for getting 7.62x39 declared pistol ammo and thus getting cheap Chinese steel core banned.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

John G

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 01:40:07 PM »

Don't know how many Olympic sold to NY in the first place, but I'd like to see similar policies from the "big" players like S&W, Ruger, Glock, Federal, Remington, Winchester, etc.

I would love to see Remington leave NYS, and take a thousand or so jobs with them. Gun makers clearly aren't welcome.
I like spiedies and old guns

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 01:52:00 PM »
I would love to see Remington leave NYS

Remington and other companies seem to slowly be moving their operations out of such states. A move that is as little disruptive to output as possible is not easy.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 02:08:05 PM »
Seems that Olympic Arms announced this week that they will no longer sell guns to New York government agencies.

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/02/olympic-arms-to-new-york-state-take-your-business-elsewhere/#comment-81491

As an alternative, "NY Magazines" (7 rounds only) is the only option for any buyers in NYS. 
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.