Author Topic: Sorry I think I messed this up  (Read 10394 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: Sorry I think I messed this up
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2013, 08:13:51 AM »
Who was it on here that had the sig line "I wish Texas was as free as Texans think it is"?  [popcorn]

Welcome to the board keltron. What kind of AR are you building? M4rgery? Varmit? Classic M16?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 09:40:52 AM »
Welcome to the grumpy old men forum!  :lol:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 09:48:27 AM »
Welcome, Keltron.

I lived in TX for a little under a year.  Hated every second of it.

If your only other experience with State freedom regarding 2A issues is IL, then TX may seem great.  However, you gotta try out some other states.  VA is dang good, AZ is dang good, AK is awesome... but going Stateless is probably the best.  Permission slips are for n00bs.

When you don't care what they say and do what you want anyways, without harming anyone, what are they going to do?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 10:26:25 AM »

When you don't care what they say and do what you want anyways, without harming anyone, what are they going to do?

Kick in your door at 3am, shoot your dog, arrest you, force you to spend your life savings defending bs charges from jail, let you plead out to a felony then return to the burned out shell of your house with no money, no food, no prospect for employment, and increased watching in case you show signs of indipendence again?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 11:05:08 AM »
Maybe my post was not read carefully before a reply was produced. I said soon to be the last. We welcom anyone that wants to come even if your from Illannoyed :) . If you left Texas and dont want to return we are happy you left makes more room for peopel who want to be here.

I thought y'all were gonna secede and not be a "state" any longer  ???

Anyway, I was born in Austin, and my dad and some half-siblings still live in Texas - mostly the panhandle.  =)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 11:17:59 AM »
Hi poker dude.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 11:23:13 AM »
I thought y'all were gonna secede and not be a "state" any longer  ???

Anyway, I was born in Austin, and my dad and some half-siblings still live in Texas - mostly the panhandle.  =)

Probably sometime after Texas becomes the most free state in the union. 
Don't ask how much a permit to carry costs.....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

erictank

• friends
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 11:50:02 AM »
That's a joke, right? Texas doesn't allow open carry, doesn't have "Constitutional" carry, has possibly the most onerous and expensive licensing process of all states that issue licenses, AND is the only state that makes you reshoot the qualifying course each time you renew.

THAT's your idea of gun rights?

For the record, I am "from" the once-great state of Texas, too, but you couldn't pay me enough to get me to move back there.

IMO, TX is not quite as good as VA, but most of my family is in upstate NY now. I'd go back to TX first, if I left VA. It really is too freaking hot there, though...

And welcome to the board, Keltron.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2013, 12:12:33 PM »
Yeah well all hat maybe but our mothers at least taught us manners. Thanks for the greets skidmark. Your name is fitting.

Wow, a record time to get banned, a record time to get unbanned, and now shooting for a second ban already. You're really taking the fast track.  =)

I'd suggest you get to know the ways of the locals before you start any pissing matches. APS is a somewhat insular community, and while we always love to see new folks we prefer they not start any trouble. So for God's sake don't talk about cornbread...

And welcome aboard.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2013, 12:26:28 PM »
Jesus

What the hell happened in here
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2013, 12:38:01 PM »
Jesus

What the hell happened in here.

Beats the hell out of me, but I ain't cleanin' this mess up.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2013, 12:44:11 PM »
What? Isn't this the Texas thread?  :laugh: [popcorn]

You kids get off the lawn and I mean it!  :P
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2013, 01:14:51 PM »
Everybody just take a chill pill.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2013, 04:51:00 PM »
Everybody just take a chill pill.

Damn moderators.

Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

=D
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2013, 04:53:35 PM »
Jesus

What the hell happened in here

Well, the way I see it, keltron was busy boasting about his state, Hawkmoon pointed out some of those boasts were a bit off, keltron snarked, I jumped in (because to be honest the whole "texas is so wonderful" bit gets annoying and I *heart* my state, so why not use such a thread to link my favorite musical) and skid picked up from there, to which keltron replied, excalating snark to outright snotty,

And, then,from there it seems to have devolved into a three way of "welcome" "wtf" and "calm down".

:lol:

Anyhoo, welcome keltron, watch out for the mirid pitfalls of APS humor and maybe try to keep the state pride in check at least a bit. We have ourselves a bit of an international community here, and while it's nice to love where you come from, it's also nice to respect that others may feel the same about their own little patch of home.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2013, 06:02:30 PM »
And, I just can't stress this enough, don't talk about cornbread.  :O

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2013, 06:12:14 PM »

Mmmmm ... cornbread

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2013, 06:24:22 PM »
Are you still not a female Asian fitness trainer?....

"Supplies!"

"It's good, though..."

Keltron

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2013, 07:01:32 PM »
Thanks to those of you who took the greeting for what it was and welcomed me. Anyone thats got an issue with it can continue to post crap about me or Texas or whatever you like. Anyone that thinks I have said something that I should be banned for then your welcome to complain and get me banned, whatever bakes your cookies. I think I will choose to ban myself fromt his thread and let you flame on Texas or whatever it is the haters do.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2013, 07:03:41 PM »
Awful thin skin you got there. And I'm pretty sure "Texas is not the greatest state in the union" is not the same as posting hateful crap.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2013, 07:06:47 PM »
I forget ..... did we decide cornbread had to be made with bacon grease or not?

[popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2013, 07:07:55 PM »
I forget ..... did we decide cornbread had to be made with bacon grease or not?

[popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]

/backs slowly away from the thread...

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2013, 07:11:58 PM »
Also:

Keltron, don't worry.  Thread drift and wierdness are kinda what we do here.  If this thread is going badly for you I'm sure there are others you might like.  I would point out, gently, that one of our faux pas is personal attacks. So while it's cool to make fun of the Communistwealth of VA's taxes and goofy shirt tucked behind gun at Applebees thing, less cool to attack the posters unfortunate enough to live there.  

Don't kill me BSL

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2013, 07:21:27 PM »
"Hi, I'm Glen Campbell!" threads never quite work out well...  (and not just here)  Better to just jump in and pretend you've always been here.
"It's good, though..."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2013, 07:24:09 PM »
Besides, everyone knows that the first thing Texans talk about isn't gun rights.
The first thing Texans talk about is drinking water from a muddy hoof-print.

NV, where I'm living, is pretty good, the limit for drinking/carrying is .10, you can be too drunk to drive but still defend yourself.
You can carry in bars, open carry if the bartender doesn't mind.
We have open carry so you don't have to worry about accidentally exposing your piece.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."