Author Topic: Magpul  (Read 8862 times)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Magpul
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2013, 03:52:21 PM »
Gun owners are our own worst enemies sometimes. Their facebook page is blowing up with OUTraged people because they're not "banning" sale of their products to NY LEOs.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/robert-farago/magpul-provides-complete-statement-on-ny-leo-ban/

That's why. And still, the idiots shriek.

We punish companies who do positive things for 2A, for not going FAR ENOUGH.

Silly. I'm going to go order more magpul stuff.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

brimic

• friends
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2013, 06:18:41 PM »
I agree with the above.
I liked their quip about gunowners who should be dumping their Colts. :laugh:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2013, 07:07:15 PM »
After reading that statement from MagPul, I'm now even more happy that nearly all of my AR furniture and such came from them, and I'm definitely going to patronize them more in the future.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2013, 07:07:48 PM »
I agree, while I may WISH that Magpul would have signed onto the hardcore police loophole group, they've done more than enough other things to make up for it
I promise not to duck.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2013, 07:15:18 PM »
I later noticed that statement at the end. It says that they won't be doing any "blanket" policy, but will be evaluating agency purchases on a case by case basis. Much more sensible, IMHO
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2013, 07:21:22 PM »
Magpul is proud to announce the “Boulder Airlift”, our program to make sure that responsible Colorado citizens have the opportunity to own standard capacity PMAGs prior to the potential implementation of pending legislation that would infringe on their Second Amendment Rights. The program will be open to all responsible CO residents, (with both billing and shipping addresses inside CO) and provide access to a limited quantity of PMAGs. Remember to contact members of the Senate and the Governor prior to ordering and urge them to oppose HB 1224.

Full details at http://www.magpul.com/colorado

Similar to the Berlin Airlift, the Boulder Airlift will bring much needed supplies to freedom-loving residents trapped inside occupied territory. While we plan to initially use FedEx or UPS instead of aerial delivery, we figure that $5 flat rate shipping will make up for any loss of “style points.”

The increases we have made and continue to make in production capacity will allow us to open this program with very minimal impact on the number of PMAGs we are shipping to our dealers and distributors out of the state. We are also aware that Colorado is not the only state with existing or pending magazine capacity restrictions; we are working on programs for other affected states as well.

https://www.facebook.com/magpul?ref=ts&fref=ts

=D

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2013, 04:54:34 AM »
Is it moving day yet?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2013, 09:38:38 PM »
Magpul made a facebook annoucement about 10 round pmags are ready for market. They are getting flamed pretty bad on facebook over it. Well they did call them standard capacity magazines.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2013, 10:12:22 PM »
Magpul made a facebook annoucement about 10 round pmags are ready for market. They are getting flamed pretty bad on facebook over it. Well they did call them standard capacity magazines.

People will bitch about anything.  Even high quality bench rest mags.  :facepalm:

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2013, 11:48:59 PM »
People will bitch about anything.  Even high quality bench rest mags.  :facepalm:

This.  Also, if I am taking an AR-15 hunting I don't necessarily want a 30rd magazine hanging down there.  I'm in the woods after Bambi, not a bunch of VC.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2013, 12:01:55 AM »

Magpul spent product development time coming up with a 10rd design.

Magpul took 20/30rd magazine equipment offline to make 10rd mags.  Or, if they expanded operations rather than redirected operations, they didn't expand the 20/30rd magazine production as far as they could have.

Anyone can take a 20/30rd mag and block it to reduce capacity if they want.

Now isn't the time for a company in Magpul's market to put out Fudd products.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2013, 12:10:13 AM »

Magpul took 20/30rd magazine equipment offline to make 10rd mags.  Or, if they expanded operations rather than redirected operations, they didn't expand the 20/30rd magazine production as far as they could have.

I'm no hunter, but can people stop labeling things "Fudd," just because they wouldn't be used in an Extreme Shock photo shoot? Come on. If customers want them, then Magpul should probably make them.

Besides, look at the list you just posted. Those are probably all things they've been doing or planning to do since well before Sandy Hook. And you think they should just flush the money they spent to introduce the 10-rounders?  =|
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2013, 12:44:33 AM »
Yeah, I have to agree with Fistful on that one.

I have all sorts of 10rd mags for my autoloading rifles.  They're really nice to have for sight-in, prone, deer season, new shooter training, you name it.

We don't need to eat our own here, AZRH44.  Those 10 rounders may not be your cup of tea, but they're far from being FUDD items, and I doubt they really taxed Magpul's production capacity.

I could certainly forward a request that the president of Magpul commit seppuku in your honor, if it really chaps you that much.

Of course, there's no reason you couldn't forward that request yourself. Maybe they'd then save face by putting you on the board of directors, too.  ;)

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2013, 05:28:50 AM »

Oh ffs.

They expanded their product line to include an item it was missing. An item used by a LOT of people for a lot of different reasons.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2013, 08:21:26 AM »

20/30 rounds don't fit in my bench rest with an AR. I have been wanting to pick up some good 10 round magzines for range work and preditor hunting.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2013, 08:25:22 AM »
Remember kiddies, if you ain't actively preparing for the revolution , you ain't *expletive deleted*it!

Magpul also got crap for not going far enough with their pro 2a efforts.

They obviously think there's a demand, and they're producing a product to meet it

I guess that's bad, eh?
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2013, 08:55:15 AM »
outraged walter mitty armchair comandos don't show up
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Levant

• friend
Re: Re: Magpul
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2013, 09:11:38 AM »
If I lived in a state that just limited me to 10 rounds I would sure be thankful that Magpul worked to make something for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Re: Magpul
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2013, 10:10:10 AM »
If I lived in a state that just limited me to 10 rounds I would sure be thankful that Magpul worked to make something for me.
That's what I was thinking.  Just because they also want to cater to people who don't have the option of buying full-capacity magazines doesn't mean that they aren't going the extra mile already.  That's not giving in or neglecting the market.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2013, 04:00:36 PM »
Ten round mag makes a lot of sense to me.  I just don't think that we should be limited to that.

A five round mag would even be handy for hunting with a Saiga, etc.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2013, 04:04:03 PM »
If my sidearm holds 10 or fewer rounds, does that make it a Fudd gun?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2013, 05:28:31 PM »
>:D
Hmmm. Why couldn't an outfit like Magpul design a 10 rd mag that uses a 30 rd body?
They could sell tens of thousands of them to people behind the iron curtains, then have someone leak that if you take a drillpress/dremel tool/<insert common tool> and cut/remove this piece of plastic, a wolf spring will drop right in and make it a 30 rounder?
 [ar15]
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2013, 05:47:38 PM »
>:D
Hmmm. Why couldn't an outfit like Magpul design a 10 rd mag that uses a 30 rd body?
They could sell tens of thousands of them to people behind the iron curtains, then have someone leak that if you take a drillpress/dremel tool/<insert common tool> and cut/remove this piece of plastic, a wolf spring will drop right in and make it a 30 rounder?
 [ar15]

Hell, that wouldn't be a bad side business.

Buy loads of steel 30s, spot weld a sheet metal catch in that doesn't allow the follower to go more then 10 rounds deep, resell them at a premium.  I think it would be easy to argue that a metallurgical bond is a permanent modification.  I don't think the state trying to hold someone liable for other people using machine tools to illegally modify their product would hold up in court.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2013, 06:13:59 PM »
I'm not so sure about that.

in the bad old days of the AWB, companies had to make the mags they were selling completely non restorable.  I know the mag my first Bushmaster came with was a 20 rd, that had been cut in half and then rivited back together with a chunk of aluminium in the middle. I would bet that wink and nod type mags would get you in hot water.

without googling any laws, I'd bet money that there's language in there that says some version of you can't sell anything "readily convertable" to a standard cap mag.  and ATF Tech Branch gets to say what that means.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2013, 06:17:11 PM »
Hell, that wouldn't be a bad side business.

Buy loads of steel 30s, spot weld a sheet metal catch in that doesn't allow the follower to go more then 10 rounds deep, resell them at a premium.  I think it would be easy to argue that a metallurgical bond is a permanent modification.  I don't think the state trying to hold someone liable for other people using machine tools to illegally modify their product would hold up in court.

You could just stamp an indent on both sides only allowing the follower to go down to ten rounds. S&W did this with the Sigma series magazines.

Uranus is a gas giant.