Author Topic: t-13 minutes till the walking dead is on  (Read 8194 times)

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
t-13 minutes till the walking dead is on
« on: February 17, 2013, 08:47:07 PM »
That is all.
This has been a public service announcement.
<annoying beeping noise>
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

HankB

• friend
Re: t-13 minutes till the walking dead is on
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 10:15:59 PM »
Someone needs to tell them . . .

a) A 'scope on a rifle is for looking through, not looking over, when you're shooting at the enemy; and

b) Full auto is not a good choice for precision fire at long distance.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 10:24:12 PM »
I was really disappointed in that episode.
Anyone notice where the little ninja went that jumped out of the box truck?
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 12:49:45 AM »

Never saw the driver after he ran after Michonne and didn't get her.  Did driver ninja run back out the smashed gates, perhaps?  If not, he/she will make himself/herself known later.  Or, it was a hell of a continuity error.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 09:09:41 AM »
I enjoyed it. Didn't see driver escape; seemed to run into the  facility, so I'm thinking infiltration.

Not even going to comment on gun handling/tactics, because why?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 09:53:56 AM »
Good on Carol for taking "cover"
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 10:45:22 AM »
Good on Carol for taking "cover"

Poor cover. Just getting his life turned around, learning how to talk to girls, finding snazzy duds to wear, then blamo! He becomes cover.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 05:37:14 PM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 06:41:54 PM »
Cool poster.

Thread drift:  "then" <> "than", "then" <> "than", "then" <> "than", "then" <> "than", "then" <> "than", "then" <> "than", "then" <> "than", "then" <> "than", "then" <> "than", and "then" <> "than".  Slight goober in an otherwise neat poster.

Getting real tired of seeing that, even in news stories supposedly written and edited by professionals.  I suspect TDPTB will change the dictionaries in the near future to accommodate this common usage.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 10:21:47 AM »
Slight goober in an otherwise neat poster.

Ok I read through 3 times and can't find that.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 10:30:54 AM »

They showed them running past the bus heading out.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 11:00:25 AM »
Anyone going to watch the "NEW, IMPROVED BLACK AND WHITE WALKING DEAD!!!"

Comes on Thursday night, 8 eastern.

Yep, black and white, starting with episode 1.

What

The

*expletive deleted*ck??????

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 11:05:18 AM »
Not following the show.

Was it more: "people fight, then zombies show up (maybe?)".
I promise not to duck.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 11:49:52 AM »
gunshots really "bring out yer dead"
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 11:50:26 AM »
Not following the show.

Was it more: "people fight, then zombies show up (maybe?)".

Snipers engaged the people in the prison and a panel truck busted through the gate.  After a sufficient amount of dramatic music had built up the tension, a ramp unfolded and zombies-- er, "walkers" came out of the truck and started stumbling after our heros.
Not really a bad tactic, made worse by the fact some of "our heros" were outside when they didn't have to be.  Add to that few people know how to use full auto vs. semi effectively ........  :-X
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 12:29:17 PM »
Ok I read through 3 times and can't find that.

"The first episode of the third season was watched by more 'then' 10 million viewers..."

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 01:23:45 PM »
Snipers engaged the people in the prison and a panel truck busted through the gate.  After a sufficient amount of dramatic music had built up the tension, a ramp unfolded and zombies-- er, "walkers" came out of the truck and started stumbling after our heros.
Not really a bad tactic, made worse by the fact some of "our heros" were outside when they didn't have to be.  Add to that few people know how to use full auto vs. semi effectively ........  :-X

Somewhat reminiscant of the Ghengis Kahn tactic of catapulting plauge infected dead bodies into cities he was sieging.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 01:38:38 PM »
Somewhat reminiscant of the Ghengis Kahn tactic of catapulting plauge infected dead bodies into cities he was sieging.

Why wait for them to be dead?
Charles Babbage

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 01:41:39 PM »
I think the driver of the panel truck was Andrea
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 01:52:40 PM »
I think the driver of the panel truck was Andrea

I don't.  She didn't know where the guv was (remember the scenes in town with tea-boy).  She was also lobbying to visit the prison.  I don't see her finding the guv and coming up with such an audacious plan on such short notice.

Chris

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 01:54:18 PM »
I think she has a devious plan
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 02:05:16 PM »
Others have speculated re: Andrea. Anything's possible, but she had to: find out about the raid; stow away on the truck or replace planned occupant; find ninja costume; overcome her internal angsty conflict. All while being observed by "tea-boy" (nice phrase). I'm not seeing it.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 03:10:47 PM »
Me either.  I think the costume was merely protection for someone who would be driving a vehicle full of biters.
JD

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 04:00:06 PM »
Me either.  I think the costume was merely protection for someone who would be driving a vehicle full of biters.

Yup, in the beginning of the movie 28 Days Later, there are people dressed for resisting biters, you would think there would be more of that...downsides are ( I guess ) to hot to be comfortable, not enough flesh shown for profitable TV
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 04:09:18 PM »
shark mail suits FTW
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"