Author Topic: t-13 minutes till the walking dead is on  (Read 8196 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: t-13 minutes till the walking dead is on
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 04:51:23 PM »
Or maybe just plain old motorcycle riding gear.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 07:02:07 PM »
this is what you want

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 07:32:20 PM »
If she was a walker, might just let her bite me.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2013, 09:59:19 AM »
BTTT

May contain spoilers.  Hopefully no duck penis.

So Andrea has turned all the way to the side of the Guv I think.  She wavered a bit, but I think seeing Rick so cold and unwelcoming was her tipping point.  That the guv would torture and try to kill her friends and yet she didn't dig that other eye out of his head while she had the chance.....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2013, 10:21:47 AM »
Yeah. I think she's too hungry for stability and comfort to see the principled choice.

Also, too bad to see Tyrese & co. at Woodbury.

ETA: I think the truck driver was the brunette Andrea asked about the Governor. When she gave an evasive answer, it fits she was in on the scheme.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2013, 01:34:38 PM »
I just can't get past her and Milton's new job...

Zombie Dental Services, Inc.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2013, 01:37:47 PM »
I just can't get past her and Milton's new job...

Zombie Dental Services, Inc.

That was...interesting. A guest on Talking Dead referred to that as "curbing", apparently a hallmark mob message. :O
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2013, 01:43:11 PM »
That was...interesting. A guest on Talking Dead referred to that as "curbing", apparently a hallmark mob message. :O

I saw that for the first time in American History X.

Curbing, curb stomping, curb side dentistry, biting the curb...  Nasty.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2013, 05:06:01 PM »
I liked how reasonable the Gov acted when informed about the ricktator losing his marbles.
I think Tyreese and cute gal, will refuse to murder in cold blood and switch sides, and the other two will be all like "yeah, lets kill the little baby and her older brother"
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2013, 06:18:22 PM »
I saw that for the first time in American History X.

Curbing, curb stomping, curb side dentistry, biting the curb...  Nasty.

I first heard about it on Fox News
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2013, 09:25:01 AM »
How is it the Walking Dead thread filtered to page three? The horror!

It took me thirty seconds to realize how to deal with the governor.  Fire.  Set fire to his little community.  Add in explosions to draw walkers.

Yeah I'm like 6 days late. Sue me, I was in Mexico and then had to go right back to work!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2013, 11:58:57 AM »
Okay after watching last sunday's episode, I'm back to burning Woodbury to the ground. 
JD

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2013, 12:38:46 PM »
That's not a bad idea really ~~ but I would suggest the use of accelerants.

Such as napalm........
Or gasoline. 
That governor is seriously in need of ..........pest control. =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2013, 12:38:50 AM »
That's not a bad idea really ~~ but I would suggest the use of accelerants.

Such as napalm........
Or gasoline. 
That governor is seriously in need of ..........pest control. =D
Okay after watching last sunday's episode, I'm back to burning Woodbury to the ground. 

burn baby burn!

Finally got to watch that episode with the gov and the ricktator, yup I agree the gov's got to go..how many ppl will the ricktatorship lose?
I hate to say it but the younger farmers daughter looks like the next victim to me, Glen Maggie to important to the script right now, merle/michonne adds lots of extra tension, I think they need to kill Laura - she's nothing but trouble but I don't see it happening.
I know Maggies name but not the other daughter? She sings real nice but that's not going to keep her alive. Poor girl :'(
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2013, 01:04:25 PM »
If the show continues to follow the comic book (i have not read it only been told of it) the current cast is not killed off.
I think they will be adding some more soon. Maybe there was more people that go along with the random hiker and the 2 in the car found on the bridge.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2013, 02:01:37 PM »
If the show continues to follow the comic book (i have not read it only been told of it) the current cast is not killed off.
I think they will be adding some more soon. Maybe there was more people that go along with the random hiker and the 2 in the car found on the bridge.

Sounds like there are a lit of differences in the show and the comic.
JD

erictank

• friends
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2013, 05:36:14 AM »

Sounds like there are a lit of differences in the show and the comic.

I've only read the first 5 books (about 30 of the individual comics; they're over 100 issues now), but it's my understanding that Darryl isn't in the comics at all. Matters with Shane came to a head FAR earlier than in the show, and Tyrese's group's interactions with Rick's people are currently playing out differently than in the comics.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2013, 11:11:01 PM »
I missed it tonight working with junior #1 on science homework, and it's too late to watch or record the second showing.  If you all recomed, I'll have to catch on demand.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2013, 12:11:29 AM »
I missed it tonight working with junior #1 on science homework, and it's too late to watch or record the second showing.  If you all recomed, I'll have to catch on demand.

Without giving spoilers, here's what you missed:

The governor does something whacked. Andrea does something stupid and impulsive. People regret their decisions. :)

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2013, 12:20:17 AM »
spoiler alert

I'm glad some one finally put Andrea in her place. Hopefully they will fix her picker.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2013, 01:43:04 PM »
Anyone notice the shotshell reloading press in the store room?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2013, 01:51:43 PM »
Anyone notice the shotshell reloading press in the store room?

Yup. I thought I saw a press in an earlier episode as well - maybe the one with Morgan?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2013, 12:40:34 AM »
spoilers ahead!

OH MAN! NUGENT AND MOTORHEAD!!!!
I liked that episode a lot, really glad the Ben character took a bullet for the gov ... didn't like that kid much.
I hope they kill the Gov this season, I guess we'll find out next week.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2013, 08:43:50 AM »
I have to admit, the first 40 minutes of the episode were pretty boring, but the last 20 were MORE than worth the price of admission.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2013, 09:24:33 AM »
Zombie mearle for the win.
JD