Author Topic: t-13 minutes till the walking dead is on  (Read 8197 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: t-13 minutes till the walking dead is on
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2013, 10:08:28 AM »
Yup, the Merle subplot surprised me in more ways than one. The writers did a fine job there. Good semi-reedeming ending for him.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2013, 10:19:35 AM »
Yup, the Merle subplot surprised me in more ways than one. The writers did a fine job there. Good semi-reedeming ending for him.

I saw part of it coming (the attempt to kill the Gov), but the humanizing bit was a shocker. I agree it was very well crafted.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2013, 01:30:05 PM »

Yup.  That got me. [tinfoil]
Too bad Daryl is unlikely to find out what Merle tried to do. :'(
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2013, 01:48:08 PM »
Yup.  That got me. [tinfoil]
Too bad Daryl is unlikely to find out what Merle tried to do. :'(

Disagree. He's a good enough tracker to figure it out. Failing that, if he's not blinded by rage he'll go back to the group and Michonne will tell him.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2013, 01:50:16 PM »
Disagree. He's a good enough tracker to figure it out. Failing that, if he's not blinded by rage he'll go back to the group and Michonne will tell him.

That is what I am thinking, kind of a teaser that Michonne is staying with the prison gang in the next weeks previews.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2013, 02:06:10 PM »
Michonne had more dialogue this show then almost all other episodes put together, she seemed almost talkative.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2013, 02:06:46 PM »

I didn't say impossible....but I think some people (including the TV producers) exaggerate what tracking can do.  
Daryl would obviously be able to determine Merle was shot and might infer that the fact it was a chest wound was deliberate.  That doesn't mean  he will naturally attribute the shot to the governor.
The best bet is one of the governor's surviving henchmen will tell Daryl during a confrontation -- or that the governor will -- after Daryl beats the blimpin' snorts out of him.
Michonne might guess but I don't think she really knows just how Merle went out of this world.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HankB

• friend
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2013, 04:08:43 PM »
I didn't say impossible....but I think some people (including the TV producers) exaggerate what tracking can do.
Once you're OK with the idea of zombies, really awesome tracking shouldn't be too much of a stretch.  ;)

Wonder if the prison gang will still be at the prison when The Gov. attacks - in the quick preview scene I thought I saw The Gov.'s group take out a prison watchtower with a grenade launcher, which is some significant firepower.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2013, 04:09:46 PM »
Once you're OK with the idea of zombies, really awesome tracking shouldn't be too much of a stretch.  ;)

Wonder if the prison gang will still be at the prison when The Gov. attacks - in the quick preview scene I thought I saw The Gov.'s group take out a prison watchtower with a grenade launcher, which is some significant firepower.

I saw the same thing with a grenade launcher.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2013, 04:25:24 PM »
From the short preview clips, I'm thinking trap for the Governor's crew.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2013, 05:25:38 PM »
Open prison to walkers
Turn genset with alarms back on.
Bail out.

Possibly include some kind of IED trap.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2013, 05:45:04 PM »
I saw the same thing with a grenade launcher.

I thought it was Rick with the launcher, which woulld play with the trap idea.

Always wondered why Rick's Army of Misfits didn't pull a SpecOps raid on the town.  Ninja Michonne, Darrel the Archer, the suppressors, the knife skills...they could pull off a pretty quite raid and do some significant damage in a hit-and-run raid.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2013, 07:37:07 PM »
All's I can say (and I watched the follow-up show "Talking Dead" which had a slightly longer preview) is that Rick & his minions would be smart to set the prison up as a trap for the governor's militia....let 'em in, slam the door and spring the SURPRISE!

But do they have the smarts to pull it off?  ??? ;/

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2013, 12:42:14 AM »
RocketMan's Walking Dead Season Finale Episode Predictions (with some wiggle room)

1) Rick's crew bugs out, leaving some traps behind at the prison for the Guv's assault team.  They get out just in the nick of time before the Guv arrives.
2) The Guv hits the prison after Rick's crew is gone.  The traps left behind are somewhat effective. (Jawless zombie with rifle-like object tied to him trapped inside the guard tower for a decoy?  Other jawless zombie decoys?)
3) Daryl figures out the larger part of what happened to Merle, and that the Guv is responsible.  He makes his way back to the prison just in time to find the Guv and his crew in full assault.
4) Daryl manages to snipe a few of the Guv's crew and ultimately kills the Guv.  The Guv knows it was Daryl that killed him.
5) Daryl may survive and escape to successfully track Rick's group and rejoin them, or may not survive after killing the Guv.  Don't know for sure, but a main character almost has to die. It is the season finale, after all.
6) Andrea either dies from being tortured by the Guv (no real loss there), or she is left horribly and permanently disfigured, but manages to take on some leadership role in what remains of Woodbury after the Guv is croaked.  Again, don't know for sure on this one for the same reason as five.  Maybe we get a twofer main character die off.
7) Rick's group moves on down the road to the next season, making no attempt to find Andrea.

8) The last scene is of Zombie Guv wandering around the remains of the prison.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 01:24:14 AM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2013, 12:58:05 AM »
I can by that, Rocketman.
You should send the producers a nasty letter if they do it different.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2013, 09:14:37 AM »
I thought it was Rick with the launcher, which woulld play with the trap idea.

Always wondered why Rick's Army of Misfits didn't pull a SpecOps raid on the town.  Ninja Michonne, Darrel the Archer, the suppressors, the knife skills...they could pull off a pretty quite raid and do some significant damage in a hit-and-run raid.

Fire.  I believe they should have torched woodbury early. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2013, 09:21:48 AM »
They couldn't have torched Woodbury and killed the gov.

It would have ended the season early.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2013, 09:50:59 AM »
Yup, would have been like killing Mags Bennet mid season.

Wait...

The Guv is Mags Bennet.

Wormy eyeglasses guy is Dickie

The tea is really Apple Pie!!! :o

Chris

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2013, 09:52:43 AM »
They couldn't have torched Woodbury and killed the gov.

It would have ended the season early.

Truth. 

I honestly don't think they will kill the guv. 
JD

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2013, 12:47:35 PM »
OOOhhhhhh....

Zombie Mags Bennet...

That's one scary zombie!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2013, 01:01:19 PM »
Truth. 

I honestly don't think they will kill the guv. 

Not in the season finale. Too many plot doors close if he's taken out now.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2013, 01:52:18 PM »
Not in the season finale. Too many plot doors close if he's taken out now.

Thats what I figure. 
JD

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2013, 10:24:53 PM »
Thats what I figure. 

NOOOOooooo! he needs to die die die!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2013, 09:35:08 PM »
Best zombie survival song evaaaar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoK63Bk7pgw
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2013, 01:45:06 AM »
Best zombie survival song evaaaar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoK63Bk7pgw

I remember that song, awesome!

Anyway, it was a great episode. I actually felt bad for Andrea.

I thought Carl was right to shoot the guy.
The guy was told to drop the gun, he didn't...it looked to me like he was going to try some kind of trick.

Man, the gov needed to die. You know he is coming back  next season to do something dastardly.