Author Topic: Utah moving towards permitless CCW  (Read 820 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Utah moving towards permitless CCW
« on: February 21, 2013, 07:54:14 PM »
Reason's blurb here.

Good on them! Of course a click through to the newspaper site reveals a comment section full of the usual silly-pants pearl-clutching antis.

Now SLC has just slashed numerous regulations and fees on businesses...

So depending on how the state and SLC itself fares in other areas it might be worth a look see in terms of relocation.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Stand_watie

• friend
Re: Utah moving towards permitless CCW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 08:01:14 PM »
Reason's blurb here.

Good on them! Of course a click through to the newspaper site reveals a comment section full of the usual silly-pants pearl-clutching antis.

Now SLC has just slashed numerous regulations and fees on businesses...

So depending on how the state and SLC itself fares in other areas it might be worth a look see in terms of relocation.

Have these changes been in the works for a while or is this aimed at getting magpul inc's business I wonder?
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Marnoot

• friend
Re: Utah moving towards permitless CCW
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 09:33:46 PM »
I believe currently the plan is for permitless CCW but to still require permits to CCW in certain locations, mainly schools. No surprise on the comments section, the Salt Lake Tribune is the local liberal rag.

Salt Lake County and the state as a whole have been trying to do more to court businesses to move here for awhile now so I doubt it's to woo any businesses in particular.