Author Topic: TSA Does Something Good, Flight Attendant Union Complains  (Read 16588 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Re: TSA Does Something Good, Flight Attendant Union Complains
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2013, 06:22:24 PM »
What if I choose Rock  ???
Curses!  :mad:
Avoid cliches like the plague!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2013, 06:31:16 PM »
What if I choose Rock  ???

Well played, sir.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Re: TSA Does Something Good, Flight Attendant Union Complains
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2013, 02:08:18 PM »
http://www.smartertravel.com/travel-advice/you-vs-tsa-how-to-choose-between-body-scanners-and-pat-downs.html?id=7307216

Addresses nothing. I'm still waiting for the video of you mocking the sexual assault victims who think that getting felt up by the TSA was invasive. You're always so big on internet tough guys putting their money where their mouth is, let's see you do the same. Or are you just willing to say that online instead of to their face like the "heroes of the revolution" you like making fun of so much?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2013, 05:15:54 PM »
Addresses nothing. I'm still waiting for the video of you mocking the sexual assault victims who think that getting felt up by the TSA was invasive. You're always so big on internet tough guys putting their money where their mouth is, let's see you do the same. Or are you just willing to say that online instead of to their face like the "heroes of the revolution" you like making fun of so much?

i m not much into abusing the already abused.  might suggest the scanner to them.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2013, 05:27:15 PM »

Is there not a smidgen of irony in the above?
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

erictank

• friends
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2013, 05:35:17 PM »
i m not much into abusing the already abused.  might suggest the scanner to them.

So that they can have someone(s) leering at an image of their naked body, instead? One detailed enough, as the saying goes, to determine a male's religion?

Yeah, there's no good choice in what you seem content to offer them.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2013, 05:45:40 PM »
So you're willing to mock people on the internet, but not face to face? Sounds about right.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2013, 06:52:37 PM »
So that they can have someone(s) leering at an image of their naked body, instead? One detailed enough, as the saying goes, to determine a male's religion?

Yeah, there's no good choice in what you seem content to offer them.

have you seen the actual scans?
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4679900388000396&pid=15.1

or you like this one better?
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4995820960810345&pid=15.1

like milking a mouse  lots of activity lil result
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

erictank

• friends
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2013, 11:41:50 PM »
have you seen the actual scans?
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4679900388000396&pid=15.1

or you like this one better?
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4995820960810345&pid=15.1

like milking a mouse  lots of activity lil result

Yes, in fact, I have - and not the hoax photo you posted in the first link (debunked within minutes of first appearance, years ago), or the derezzed sample which followed either. Benefits of being a member of FlyerTalk.com's Travel Safety and Security board, I guess - the people there have a vested interest in such things, and tend to turn up the actual goods. Try these instead: http://www.nudeoscope.com/Brochure/5a.pdf  Like I said, when you can see nipples, labia, and whether or not the man's circumcized, I'm pretty satisfied to call that a nude image. Think that might be a little traumatizing to a sexual assault victim? How about the "resolution" followup groping which appears to result between a third to a half of the time ANYWAYS, which those who submit to the Nude-O-Scope cannot opt out of?

These images (on the brochure) were, IIRC, available on TS&S in *2008*. Note that the lower-res image to the right on the first page, which is still quite sufficient to give one an eyeful, is now *7* years old - what resolution are the scanners working at today, I wonder? The more-detailed one at the left, specifically stated by official sources (this was on the TSA's website for a while, though I don't believe it is any longer) to be "reduced resolution" - so the REAL picture was even more detailed - was IIRC a 2008 release. And that "software fix" they've been going on about? It's a crock - the machine's still taking, and storing, a nude image of the subject - it HAS to, in order to do the scan. Oh, they don't store it, the machines can't store the images? Proven a lie, by TSA's own requisition order. But then, they've ALWAYS lied, as their initial position on the Nude-O-Scope was that it would *NEVER* be the primary screening tool, you'd ALWAYS be able to choose the walkthrough metal detector and if necessary hand wanding. How's that working out again?

I'll agree that there are so many other reasons to detest the Terrorist Support Agency - but the above is still a valid one.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2013, 11:50:12 PM »
There's a blog by a former tsa employee that says that although the screen on the scanner shows an obscure photo, there exists a control room with no surveillance that shows the nudie image

Taking sense away is the name of the blog
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2013, 01:11:12 AM »
And now a Congressman wants to introduce a bill to force TSA to reverse their decision.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/12/mass-congressman-submitting-bill-to-keep-knives-out-airplane-cabins/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2013, 01:07:32 PM »
I ordered a folding knife with a 6 cm blade just so I can carry one when I fly without a checked bag.  A Buck 385 "toothpick" (1/3 the price of a Case), and it got here yesterday.  I didn't realize how tiny it would be! and this idiot thinks they should be banned again.  A fountain pen or knitting needle (never were banned) would be more dangerous.
"It's good, though..."