Author Topic: Things not to say when shopping with your wife  (Read 3346 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Things not to say when shopping with your wife
« on: March 10, 2013, 04:54:33 PM »
When you are inside a Coldwater Creek store, you should not ask your wife 'Is this the fat lady store or the old lady store?' apparently loud enough to be overheard.  Especially when you can be overheard by an assistant superintendent at the school district who knows your wife.  Your wife then tries to pretend she doesn't know you, but is unsure if she was successful.

PS: Coldwater Creek is the old lady store.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Things not to say when shopping with your wife
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 05:08:57 PM »
'Is this the fat lady store or the old lady store?'

Or worse, "Yes honey, that does make yer butt look big".
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 06:56:09 PM »
Or worse, "Yes honey, that does make yer butt look big".

No, no, no.

Far better:  "That looked so good on your grandmother.  You should get it, too."

My buddy who followed this suggestion got out of the hospital in only 6 weeks.  His child support only takes 75% of his before-taxes paycheck.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 10:30:42 PM »
My ex went from a size 7 when we married to a size 18. She was shopping, looking at sweaters, and was wearing canary yellow pants, which in and of themselves were horrible. She tried on a black sweater, and asked what I thought. I wanted to say she looked like a bumble bee, but I bit my tongue.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 10:42:06 PM »
Straight men should not be taken shopping.

Except my Dad, who weirdly enough, has good taste in fashion. ???
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 10:42:39 PM »
Whatever you do, if you end up in a Women's World (larger clothing) and see a tag that says size 28P, do not ask what the P stands for. They will tell you "petite", and then you have to not laugh at the vision of a sized 28 women with a 26" inseam is petite. I am now allowed back in there, but can't talk.  =D

bob

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 03:25:41 PM »
Before I was corrected, I honest to God thought that the 'W' on a size tag, such as 16W, stood for wide.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 04:20:09 PM »
Before I was corrected, I honest to God thought that the 'W' on a size tag, such as 16W, stood for wide.

It doesn't  ???

What does it stand for?   Whoa?!?!?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 04:24:53 PM »
It doesn't  ???

Womans
As opposed to Misses, Petite, Long and ... I think there are a couple others.

And the teen/youthful clothing has diffrent size numbers. Odd is younger, Even is everyone else. And then some brands do odd/even for sizes.
And nobody sizes the same way.
AND then you have diffrent companies with diffrent dress sizes for diffrent S, M, L, XL sizes.

This is why I hate shopping for clothes and love Old Navy.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 05:35:10 PM »
Each day I actually commute to work, I drive past the "Dress Barn."

Yes, the "Dress Barn."

Every time I drive by, I do a mental word association with "Dress" and "Barn" and I am left with either images of porcine and bovine anthropomorphism... or dress-up day for Apache Junction's Ladies' Rotary Club. :lol:
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 06:15:39 PM »
It doesn't  ???

Whale?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 12:08:36 AM »
Say it in your weirdest pee-wee Herman voice:

DOES ANY OF THIS LINGERIE COME IN CHILDREN'S SIZES?

I promise not to duck.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 09:02:45 AM »
Womans
As opposed to Misses, Petite, Long and ... I think there are a couple others.

And the teen/youthful clothing has diffrent size numbers. Odd is younger, Even is everyone else. And then some brands do odd/even for sizes.
And nobody sizes the same way.
AND then you have diffrent companies with diffrent dress sizes for diffrent S, M, L, XL sizes.

This is why I hate shopping for clothes and love Old Navy.

Since we've been married, I've watched my wife go from a 6-8 to a 6, to a 4 and now mostly 4 but occasionally a 2.  She hasn't really changed in size, the clothes are just sized differently.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 10:11:34 AM »
See, here's your problem....you're going clothes shopping with your wife. Don't do that. I don't go clothes shopping with my wife, and we've been happily married for 11 years.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 10:34:37 AM »
See, here's your problem....you're going clothes shopping with your wife. Don't do that. I don't go clothes shopping with my wife, and we've been happily married for 11 years.....

I can pick out anything I want to see her in and I get a fashion show when we get home.  I am not seeing the problem.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 11:00:06 AM »
I can pick out anything I want to see her in and I get a fashion show when we get home.  I am not seeing the problem.

You don't have a problem. You're blessed.

Not long ago, after we'd decided to divorce, I commented to my wife that she should have one of those little yellow pickup trucks with the flashing yellow lights follow her wherever she goes. Luckily for me she didn't get the joke.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 04:18:15 PM »
Why would a man want to go clothing shopping with a woman? After all, women dress up for other women . . . they undress for men.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 04:59:10 PM »
My old boss' wife once asked me what I thought of her new hair cut. It was short, and the color wasn't great. Shaping was ok, but eh.

So, she asked for my opinion on it. I'm an honest guy. "It looks fairly hideous."

I swear, after a dramatic pause, it sounded more demonic than human when she said "WHAT?". My boss just shook his head and kept walking. She got her revenge, by proxy. She had an attractive redhead lady throw a pillow over my face and try to shank me in the kidneys. Worth it.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 07:16:43 PM »

I swear, after a dramatic pause, it sounded more demonic than human when she said "WHAT?". My boss just shook his head and kept walking. She got her revenge, by proxy. She had an attractive redhead lady throw a pillow over my face and try to shank me in the kidneys. Worth it.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 10:16:23 PM »
Yeah, if it was Castle's Mom, he doesn't want to know.

If it was his daughter, he REALLY doesn't want to know.
I promise not to duck.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 11:45:15 PM »

Sounds like the same thing Clinton Kelly does....but he gets paid more....

She got her revenge, by proxy. She had an attractive redhead lady throw a pillow over my face and try to shank me in the kidneys. Worth it.

Was her name Saffron, perchance?.....

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2013, 07:02:28 PM »
Was her name Saffron, perchance?.....

Pretty close, actually. Looked a bit similar. I thought it was rather funny.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 07:19:26 PM »
Straight men should not be taken shopping.

Except my Dad, who weirdly enough, has good taste in fashion. ???
Meh, women have no taste for the most part. They will spend hours shopping, and return triumphantly with extremely uninteresting clothes with no practical use to save them (when I buy uninteresting clothes, at least they have usable pockets). Sometimes they will get lucky and hit on something that looks good, but not often. It's a numbers game.

Girls with good taste tend to be bisexual, IME.