Author Topic: What are your dreams?  (Read 3462 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
What are your dreams?
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2006, 01:19:59 PM »
1. Help get CCW passed here in WI so that I can devote more time to:
2. Transitioning myself from photography to internet work, and making enough money that I can:
3. Resume saving for retirement so that I can:
4. Work part-time when I'm in my 60's and:
5. Go shooting and riding more often.

I've been fortunate in that I've been able to fulfill many of the dreams I had when I was young.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
What are your dreams?
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2006, 05:22:42 PM »
OK, you are right.  If you want to know what I want in life:

1) Find a nice girl dumb enough to marry me (who wants a family)
2) Get a house in the country on a small trout stream (preferably in the UP or Northern Wisconsin/Minnesota)
3) Find a 40-hr/wk job that isn't stressful with a CS degree (HA!)

Preferably in that order
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

What are your dreams?
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2006, 03:05:45 PM »
cosine, build your guitar .Start with a kit fom luthiers mercantile , stewart mcdonald or grizzly. The sides will be bent and the fretboard cut. start with mahogany sides and back, rosewood board.  A guitar takes less space to build that about any other form of woodworking, I have built a couple on the kitchen table. And less for tools, if you start with a kit.  Than try one from scratch..
 The very last words in a poorly translated Japanese motorcycle shop manual from the 60's-  "now do it"

grislyatoms

• friends
What are your dreams?
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2006, 04:12:18 PM »
Quote from: brimic
(I'm pretty deadly at catching bass and 'gills with a flyrod.)
Catching 'gills with a fly rod is such a thrill. I've gone home with a boatful while folks fishing other tackle struck out.

Cast.Wait.Twitch. BALOOOSH!
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Moondoggie

• friend
What are your dreams?
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2006, 04:24:28 PM »
At 53 I've achieved most of the things I wanted to do.

I had 3 major life goals:

1.  Be a U. S. Marine...did that for 26 wonderful years and retired as an E9.

2.  Be in a mutually satisfying, fulfilling relationship with a woman....been there for 27 yrs now.

3.  Know God.....I'm completely satisfied with my spirituality.

I'm just fine financially, only work 3 days per week doing something I really enjoy (own/operate an 18 wheeler with my own S-type corp).   I have plenty of time to pursue IPSC/reloading and have almost all the guns I want plus other toys, within reason.

When my 83 yr old MIL (She lives next door to us) passes on and we are free to relocate, we would like to build a house on an acerage out in the boonies.  

Other than that, a trip to Europe would be nice.  I'd like to get comode-huggin'-drunk at Oktoberfest just once.
Known from coast to coast, almost!

Stand_watie

• friend
What are your dreams?
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2006, 05:27:08 PM »
Quote from: Moondoggie
At 53 I've achieved most of the things I wanted to do.

I had 3 major life goals:

1.  Be a U. S. Marine...did that for 26 wonderful years and retired as an E9...
I realize the Marines is large , and the chance is small, but I thought I'd just check and see if you'd known or met a former former boss, mentor, and friend of mine. He is also a Marine retiree (gunnery sergeant, I don't know whether that is e-7, e-8 or e-9). His name is  and he's from west Texas by birth, but spent most of his l(Non Marine) life in the Bakersfield, California area. Ethnically speaking he's Mexican-American and Native-American.  I don't remember too many of his duty stations, but I know he did two tours in Vietnam in the earlier part of the war, I think about 64-66, and he was stationed in Hawaii for some time. He's about 3 to 5 years older than you. His MOS (at least for the time he was in Vietnam, I don't recall if he stayed in that field) was EOD.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Moondoggie

• friend
What are your dreams?
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2006, 05:52:28 PM »
Hey Stand Waite...

Although we are a pretty small rod & gun club, and I DO know a lot of folks, You're Gunny Ramirez doesn't ring a bell.

EOD is a very small MOS, and one of the more cloistered in the Marine Corps.  They really keep to themselves.

Sorry.
Known from coast to coast, almost!

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
What are your dreams?
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2006, 06:03:26 PM »
Become a rockstar.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
What are your dreams?
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2006, 12:56:33 PM »
mbs357, that was one of my early dreams as well. Problem was, I couldn't play a musical instrument to save my life (I tried), and my singing ability is pretty limited.

But that was back when you needed to know how to play or how to sing. Now, with rap, I don't see any of those prerequisites.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
What are your dreams?
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2006, 03:43:12 PM »
Yea, I don't sing and suck at guitar, but like you said, there are plenty of people out there with far less talent than I. Grin
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

chaim

• friend
    • http://groups.msn.com/TaurusTalk/_whatsnew.msnw
What are your dreams?
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2006, 02:04:09 PM »
Dreams:
-Get my shall issue MD CCW (unlikely to ever happen I'm afraid)

-Get a motorcycle (if I don't marry the woman I'm currently seeing this will be a plan, if I do marry her it is a dream since she has told me "you buy a motorcycle I'm gone" but lately has shown some willingness to reconsider).

-Re-join the Reserves (unlikely, I'm 80LBS overweight, I'm currently 36, and at 19 my ankle was bad and got me discharged when I was in the best shape of my life)

Plans:
-Go to grad school in counseling and/or psychology and get my MA (after I get my teaching certification, which is a 2 year side track, my new job will actually pay so in 2 years I will be starting part-time)

-Go on for my Ph.D. or Psy.D. in psychology (probably about a 50/50 chance, I'm 36 so it is possible that even if I get in life circumstances may stop me, and if they don't I still need to get in)

-Move out of my parent's house again (with my new job I will be able to do so financially in a few weeks, but I'll probably stay another 6-12mo to do some financial catching up)

-Buy a house (if I marry the woman I'm currently dating, she actually would be able to buy immediately after she sells her current house, if we don't work out it will probably take 2-4 years)

-Go to Israel a few times (my first visit may be as soon as this winter, and if I don't make it then I'll definately go next summer)

-Get married (if things don't work with the woman I'm currently dating I am still young enough that I think I'll eventually meet the right woman)

-Have children (likely, but the older I get the older my likely future wife will be and it is possible that this may end up only occurring with a lot of "luck" (no such thing as luck) or by adoption)

-Spend a couple months studying in yeshiva (since I'll be teaching school for a few years I may be able to take a summer or two to learn Torah)

-Buy a fishing boat (likely)

-Buy a larger motor boat that can handle the Chesapeake Bay (somewhat likely, though I may simply rent them depending upon how often I think I'd actually manage to get out)

-Learn woodworking and build my own small wooden sailboat and rowboat (likely)

-Buy a camping trailer, at least a pop-up.  I loved the pop-up my parents had when I was in high school.  They can be a great way to travel when you don't want full scale roughing it camping.  (likely, unless I buy a teardrop camper instead)

-Build my own teardrop camper (maybe a 50/50 chance, higher if I do learn woodworking better and build the boat first)
Come visit my MSN Group: Taurus Talk
http://groups.msn.com/TaurusTalk/_whatsnew.msnw

JonnyB

• friend
What are your dreams?
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2006, 10:03:15 AM »
Well:

I'm pert'near 52 years old and (in no particular order)

I have a pilot's certificate (it's not a license) and seaplane rating

I built my own airplane (from a wreck) but no floats on it

I own my home (no mortgage, ~$300K)

Been married to the same (damn good) woman for 30+ years

Have two well-adjusted grown sons

Have two terrific daughters-in-law (from great families!)

Have three wonderful grandkids

Got a buncha firearms in the lock-box (well, I could use more)

I, my wife and our family are all very heathy

Hmmm... I have everything I could ask for, I guess.

OK, I'd like to be able to play the guitar better; I've been at it for only 8 months.

JB
Jon has a long mustache. No, really; he does. Look at that thing!

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
What are your dreams?
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2006, 11:31:08 AM »
By the end of the year:

Get a job that pays an okay amount, enough for me to make rent, gas, groceries, bills, and have a little left over to enjoy.

Move out of Oklahoma, away from five years of disappointment and my parents.  Finally.

Get another job that pays an okay amount, enough for me to make rent, gas, groceries, bills, and have a little left over to enjoy.

Within 1 year:

Reduce my smoking down to 2 cigarettes a day.

Lose 50 pounds.

Meet someone nice.

Within 5:

Get married, get a small house.

Quit smoking entirely.

Within 10:

Have kids, thus ending my life as I know it. Tongue

Beyond:

See my kids grow into decent people.

Move somewhere else.

Buy a small, flat-bottomed boat.

Find working stripper clips for a Mosin-Nagant, and do some hunting.

Finis:

Cremated, and have my ashes released from atop NewGrange (Ireland) on a windy day.

Find out what really happens after death. Smiley
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams