Author Topic: Moar equal  (Read 3711 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Moar equal
« on: March 15, 2013, 01:36:18 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvmDdVoroI0

Narrative says everything that the cop manages to not say with his foot in his mouth.  Pass this along if it gets your dander up.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Moar equal
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 06:48:19 AM »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 10:50:05 AM »
We get the treatment we allow.

The correct response to that guy was: You hit me. This one is your fault. Lets check the damage and see where we need to go. If you want to compound this mistake by writing me a ticket, rock on with your bad self, but it'll just make you look more like a dick when this goes public.

Yes, that cop is an ass, but he's doing it because we as a public let him and his coworkers get away with this crap.

Cue CSD.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 10:50:53 AM »
Killbots?  ;/

I think a link to the original video without the commentary would be more constructive.  As for the content, I hope the biker gets an apology from the department, and compensation for any damage to his vehicle.  The cop's assertion that he couldn't stop in time at those speeds is indefensible.

Anyway, the commentary reminds me of Futurama.

"I knew the killbots had a pre-programmed kill limit.  So I sent wave after wave of my own men at them!" - Zapp Brannigan
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 10:52:30 AM »
This was discussed at length on my motorcycle forum. Word is, officer is being fired. Lemme see if I can corroborate that.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 10:57:19 AM »
Was wrong, not fired, but he's being investigated.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/196252011.html?lc=Smart

That said... the rider was an idiot. He was in a poor place, sped up then brake checked, etc.

THAT SAID, still the cops fault. You always need to maintain an adequate following distance. If he had a 2 secodn following distance, he wouldn't have rear ended the guy. And his *expletive deleted*ing attitude was garbage too.

This is a bad cop.

I still maintain there are more good than bad.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 12:00:55 PM »
This is a bad cop.

I still maintain there are more good than bad.
I'm in total agreement.  This was a bad cop who made a bad decision to try to get out of trouble.  Even so, if there weren't lots more good than bad, things would be much worse.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 12:18:11 PM »
Even a good guy/gal in a bad organization is bad.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 12:47:56 PM »
Even a good guy/gal in a bad organization is bad.

So, then I guess I'm a bad guy because so many of you post that the justice system is bad???
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 02:02:57 PM »
So, then I guess I'm a bad guy because so many of you post that the justice system is bad???

Not neccesarily, but take offense if you want.  For one thing, you probably have a lot more latitude than cops to do the right thing.

I just fail to see how I should regard someone with a badge as "good" when they are under direct command of a very anti-liberty and anti-public political leadership.   =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 05:44:01 PM »
Hey,, Tallpine, I want to apologize.  Just learned some bad news and snapped at you. 
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 05:44:36 PM »
>So, then I guess I'm a bad guy because so many of you post that the justice system is bad???<

No Chris... you're a bad guy all on your own merits... :P

What caught me was the cop asking "So what do we need here?". I would have been immediately demanding his insurance and badge number...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 05:49:52 PM »
"Killbots"? :facepalm:  The sound of that woman's shrill whiney voice made me want to kill someone.

Just another bully with a badge.  The only way to stop a bully is call his bluff.  Ask for his supervisor on the spot.  Let him write the tickets.  Contact the department and file a complaint. Take his ass to court.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 06:06:08 PM »
>So, then I guess I'm a bad guy because so many of you post that the justice system is bad???<

No Chris... you're a bad guy all on your own merits... :P

Now that I'll wear with pride. =D
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 06:32:44 PM »
Hey,, Tallpine, I want to apologize.  Just learned some bad news and snapped at you. 

No apology necessary.  =)

The problem as I see it is that when we see or meet a cop, we don't know if he is a good guy working for a bad system, or a bad guy working for a bad system.

I used to have a lot of respect for law enforcement, but then life happened.

Two years ago, the state LE associations lobbied the governor to veto constitutional carry.  Now the average individual cop may be a decent enough fellow, but now I know that as an institution they are against the public.   =(

Our local sheriff seems like a decent guy.  I've chatted with him while open carrying with no comments.  But he is something of an idiot as a sheriff.  He panicked during the big fire last summer, and he is more concerned with patroling the main highway through the county and writing tickets than he is with protecting the rights and property of citizens.  Honestly I think the sheriff dept is more of a hazard to public safety than any security.   ;/

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 12:10:42 PM »
"Killbots"? :facepalm:  The sound of that woman's shrill whiney voice made me want to kill someone.
She sounds like a Power Rangers villain...
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 06:59:12 PM »
It's hard to put a bully in his place when he has a badge, a gun, and the power of the state behind him.
Look, tiny text!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 07:08:31 PM »
It's hard to put a bully in his place when he has a badge, a gun, and the power of the state behind him.

But arguably more important to.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 07:10:11 PM »
But arguably more important to.

and doable

and fun
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 08:27:12 PM »

birdman

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, 09:28:59 PM »
Eh, we can always make more killbots.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, 10:33:15 PM »

Whoever the lady is doing the narrative, she'd do a better job by shutting up and just letting the video play.

Any position of power comes with inherent problems of corruption. You need an institutional culture of honesty and strong oversight to prevent issues. Police have to deal with a lot of things I personally wouldn't want to deal with. I have a lot of respect for a lot of them. That said, too often too many good cops don't patrol their own ranks as sharply as they possibly could.

In this case, the officer needs to be hauled before a judge for essentially a hit and run, coercion, etc. "I rear ended you. STFU, ignore what I did, and I won't misuse my delegated authority to make life hard for you." That needs to end with charges.

One interesting thought. If there was no video, think anyone would have believed him?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.