Author Topic: Sovereign citizens in the news  (Read 8883 times)

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: Re: Re: Sovereign citizens in the news
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 01:25:10 PM »
these folks have been around longer than you   posse commitatus movement in 70's

Good info. So why all the fuss n bother now?
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Sovereign citizens in the news
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 01:34:03 PM »

Good info. So why all the fuss n bother now?

plenty of fuss and bother then too.  going around offing cops?   get heat?  be part of a group that is perceived as cheer leading for those guys?  expect heat
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Sovereign citizens in the news
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 01:52:45 PM »
these folks have been around longer than you   posse commitatus movement in 70's

The Covenant, the Sword and the Arm of the Lord was also a fun group to be around.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 03:56:31 PM »
these folks have been around longer than you   posse commitatus movement in 70's

plenty of fuss and bother then too.  going around offing cops?   get heat?  be part of a group that is perceived as cheer leading for those guys?  expect heat

My libertarian streak makes me somewhat sympathetic to the concept of "sovereign citizens" in the abstract, but I'm really kind of glad I don't have someone like the late Gordon Kahl as a neighbor.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 08:31:17 PM »
Especially when they decide they don't like you and lien your property. 
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2013, 08:34:41 PM »
Fitz, when are you going to get a real job? :lol:

I work for border patrol, and I do good work

I'm really tired of comments like these. I've done nothing to deserve this. I'm a good man in a good agency that happens to fall under a bad agency
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog