Author Topic: So, what's NorKorea gonna do?  (Read 3589 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: So, what's NorKorea gonna do?
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2013, 10:10:17 PM »
Uh oh.  *expletive deleted*it just got real.  North Korea's Twitter and Flickr accounts have been hacked:

http://www.sfgate.com/business/technology/article/NKorea-s-Twitter-account-hacked-amid-tension-4408759.php

I didn't know the Norks were on Twitter.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2013, 10:13:58 PM »

I didn't know the Norks were on Twitter.

Of course they are. According to his official bio, Kim Jong Un invented twitter.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2013, 10:57:40 PM »
Of course they are. According to his official bio, Kim Jong Un invented twitter.

They're gonna do something stupid and we're going to get dragged into it...... :facepalm:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2013, 12:29:04 AM »

That was Algore.

Geez, it is kinda hard to tell them apart, isn't it?
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2013, 02:10:41 AM »
I think his military is getting grumpy and to keep it in line he's talking his way into a war the military may or may not support. 

Or just his style of the "we want more wheat/rice" gambit. Or it is just symptoms of internal struggles. Intentional heightening of tensions, at least superficially because a coup would be "extra treasonous" during those times.

They are obviously making some provocative moves with some missiles and some military assets, OTOH, I've read or seen nothing that indicates they're moving even a fraction of what they need to if they expected full-blown war any day.

Military bases have LOTS of dirt, and stuff like MiG 17 copies that look like they're missing control surfaces, or whole wings.  :P And nothing is indicating that China's buildup on their side of the Yalu river is to "help" the Norks.

The only kink in this theory is that it presumes the Norks haven't pulled off a decoy/intel coup on the order of Operation Fortitude/Bodyguard like the Allies did prior to D-day in 1944.  [tinfoil] Although the advanced state of military surveillance/intelligence, and sensor tech, especially our uber-secret undeclared capabilities we're likely to be watching them with make that seem like a long-shot.
I promise not to duck.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 08:56:44 AM »
Okay, Short-Round it must be.  Consider:  already been attached an Asian.  He's short.  And round.  And for extra credit, a short round fired by artillery is more dangerous to your own troops than to the enemy.

Damn, I wish I had come up with that instead of my lame-o name-o.  I just have no creativity or imagination.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2013, 05:27:30 PM »
You're welcome.  =D

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2013, 05:57:26 PM »
Other theories:
Lil Kim actually thinks that NK security is at risk
Distraction gambit to help Iran
China is pressuring NK to reform, and this is lil kims response
China is pressuring NK to misbehave to provide opportunity for further hegemony for China in SEA.

Already mentioned by others:
internal power struggle
wants food, political bargaining chips to concede later
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2013, 01:59:40 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2013, 02:24:14 PM »
Ok I think we're wandering into violation of the no nickname rule with this short round stuff.  Parody meme' s are encouraged, though.... :rofl:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2013, 09:02:43 PM »
Ok I think we're wandering into violation of the no nickname rule with this short round stuff.  Parody meme' s are encouraged, though.... :rofl:

I would argue that it's NOT a nickname.  It's a description.

As an aside, I just realized we were not nuked yesterday.  It was supposed to be yesterday, wasn't it?  I guess he just wasn't able to get one up.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2013, 09:06:06 PM »

As an aside, I just realized we were not nuked yesterday.  It was supposed to be yesterday, wasn't it?  I guess he just wasn't able to get one up.

Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2013, 12:05:35 AM »

I thought it was supposed to be the 10th based on the whole "you should evacuate your embassies 'cause we can't be responsible for protecting you" chatter.