Author Topic: Another case of "It's not my fault"  (Read 1462 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Another case of "It's not my fault"
« on: April 28, 2013, 06:13:20 AM »
http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/local/x1891367354/Former-teacher-takes-plea-deal-in-student-sex-case

Teacher pleads guilty to one count of sex with minor, seven other felony  counts dismissed.

.... Defense attorney Timothy Lemucchi said he also believes the plea deal is fair, especially in light of his client's background.
"She has a history of psychiatric problems," Lemucchi said.

Failla is bipolar, and Lemucchi said she was given a drug that has a side effect of making a person "hyperactively sexual." Lemucchi said Failla was the recipient of poor medical treatment in that she wasn't given a second drug to counteract those effects. ....

Sounds like a medical malpractice suit warming up in the bull[scat] pen.  That and maybe a suit under ADA against the school system for failing to accommodate her "condition".  (No, not provide her with teenage boys!  Set up a monitoring system to stop her before she crossed the line from merely socially inappropriate to illegal.)

The former future ex was bi-polar and at various times had Rxs that resulted in acting "hyperactive sexually" because they reduced inhibitions - something you really do not want to do with someone in the manic phase of bi-polarism.  She seemed to love (pardon the pun) the effects of the med.  Me not so much.  It significantly changed the personality from the one I thought I was married to.  Short talk with the shrink about abrupt discontinuing of the med unless he started a tapering program ASAP and found some other med to deal with the mood swings found a combination that "evened out" the swings.*

stay safe..

If Pro-Gunners were as violent as Anti-Gunners say they are, logic would dictate that there would be no Anti-Gunners left.

* - that's when I learned the "true" personality was not one I wanted to live with.  Swinging from mania to depression and back again can mask a whole lot of other craziness.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
Re: Another case of "It's not my fault"
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 12:24:48 PM »

This would appear to be the perp.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 03:55:07 PM »
Here's another for the "It's not *my* fault" files....

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2013/04/fired_gresham_police_officer_a.html

Short story  - Cop goes to bar off duty in an unmarked police car.   Several drinks later, drives home.   Crashes into ditch.   Refuses breathalyzer and field sobriety tests.   Even with that, arresting officer states that the drunk cop was one of the 10 most drunk people he's ever arrested in 15 years as a cop.   Drunk cop gets fired, police certification revoked. 

Fast forward several months - drunk cop is now suing city for $6M, claiming alcoholism is protected under ADA (which it is, just not how he thinks it is).

Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 04:18:25 PM »
Here's another for the "It's not *my* fault" files....

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2013/04/fired_gresham_police_officer_a.html

Short story  - Cop goes to bar off duty in an unmarked police car.   Several drinks later, drives home.   Crashes into ditch.   Refuses breathalyzer and field sobriety tests.   Even with that, arresting officer states that the drunk cop was one of the 10 most drunk people he's ever arrested in 15 years as a cop.   Drunk cop gets fired, police certification revoked. 

Fast forward several months - drunk cop is now suing city for $6M, claiming alcoholism is protected under ADA (which it is, just not how he thinks it is).

Lemme guess, if you realize you have a problem and work on it, they can't fire you, correct? But if you get shitfaced and crash your car or do something equally stupid, you're in trouble?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 05:09:27 PM »
Lemme guess, if you realize you have a problem and work on it, they can't fire you, correct? But if you get shitfaced and crash your car or do something equally stupid, you're in trouble?

Annnnnd we have a winnnnnaaa!

I was surprised, given their track record, that the cop was not Indianapolis Metro.  Also 9pleasantly) surprised that the grievance board did not reinstate him.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 05:55:27 PM »
What's so hard about buying a bottle and going home and getting smashed  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 06:17:38 PM »
Annnnnd we have a winnnnnaaa!

I was surprised, given their track record, that the cop was not Indianapolis Metro.  Also 9pleasantly) surprised that the grievance board did not reinstate him.

stay safe.

You mean "Greater Indianapolis Metropolitan Police"  Although they changed the name, because they didn't like the acronym.  The IMPD doesn't seem to understand which side of the law they work for.   Google IMPD and things like Rape, Arson, Drunk Driving, etc.  The IMPD knows how to live it up.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 06:26:06 PM »
What's so hard about buying a bottle and going home and getting smashed  ???
It would make sense.

We can;t have people doing *expletive deleted*it that makes sense.

Besides, if you drink alone you are an alcoholic. If you drink in public you're just socially lubricated.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 07:42:25 PM »
http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/local/x1891367354/Former-teacher-takes-plea-deal-in-student-sex-case

Teacher pleads guilty to one count of sex with minor, seven other felony  counts dismissed.

You can bet that if the genders were anything else, the adult would be doing time.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.